Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 09:57 PM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
This will explode into chaos. People could die. Will this be another log in the fire that spurs more civil unrest? . Maybe the next Civil War will start with CHAZ.
Now that’s the funniest thing I’ve read in the last three days... “Maybe the next Civil War starts with CHAZ.” Sorry, there isn’t anybody in the CHAZ that’s worth a Civil War or even the “ideal” of a CHAZ is worth a Civil War... This might be news to all the radicals, anarchists, communists and all the straight up losers in the game of life... Normal working, tax paying, people do not support you and you BS anymore. Even the few working, tax paying, people who did, in the beginning, are now praying for this “sheet” show to end ASAP.... So they can get back to their normal lives. Which, has been destroyed by this failed social experiment.

At first, this was exciting to many progressive people as an “in your face” to the system, which gave them clear snap shot view into the near future of the “in your face” and the working, tax paying progressives didn’t like it, so now, you’re SOL. You know longer have the blind support of the blind since YOU gave them something they really needed to see for themselves and they didn’t like it at all, so in an odd way, thank you for the “reality check.”

As for that crazy @zz Sawant, she just gave the people of the city a view of her ultimate plans for Seattle, which was to turn the entire city into a CHAZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 05:38 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
the summer of love
Right now, the dirty loser CHOP members are "Living the Dream" but it's always been an illusion. Take your play house down now boys.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:52 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Seattle Will Move to Dismantle CHOP Protest Zone After Deadly Shooting, Mayor Says

Faced with growing pressure to crack down on an “occupied” protest zone following two weekend shootings, Seattle’s mayor said Monday that officials will move to wind down the blocks-long span of city streets taken over two weeks ago that President Donald Trump asserted is run by “anarchists.”

Mayor Jenny Durkan said at a news conference that the violence was distracting from changes sought by thousands of peaceful protesters seeking to address racial inequity and police brutality. She said the city is working with the community to bring the “Capitol Hill Occupied Protest” zone to an end.

Andre Taylor, who founded of the anti-police-shooting organization Not This Time! after his brother was killed by Seattle police in 2016, said Monday that he had warned protest organizers that the city would need to retake the area because of the violence.

“That CHOP area is attracting this kind of activity and it’s unsafe,” Taylor said in a Facebook video. “I told them, ‘All those people that were supporting you guys, they’re going to start walking away from you, especially all those white people that were following you. … They don’t want to be associated with any part of that violence.”

This is probably the best thing to happen. Rank and file people have had enough.

The question is how are they going to do it. Are they going to telegraph every move they make? Are they going to do backroom deals with the leaders of Chaz-chopistan? We aren't talking about a bunch a strong leaders here. They willingly gave up their turf. Now they are going to be tough?
So, Andre Taylor (who is Black) is assuming that it's only Blacks who are committing the violence? That's interesting...

Old 06-23-2020, 06:14 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Popcorn time!

Here comes the spin. The mayor is under pressure and will work with the chop occupiers to “wind it down”. I’ll bet she’s been given a choice to get it removed or it will be done for her. The criminals will claim victory and say they got what they wanted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/q13fox....shootings/amp/
YES! I Just stated similar in another thread. I don't believe she'll do it. She's already left loopholes for them to remain "peacefully".

Old 06-23-2020, 07:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The mayor is sending the evil police to end the summer of love.

CHAZ/CHOP has been a great leftist fecal show, and I love it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-w...ngs-mayor-says

All they have to do, is roll in at 5:00am. and take ground, while the mob sleeps it off.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:23 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Same result as the Occupy camps. Scumbag filled communes always fail while engaging in the usual leftist activities of sexual assault, shooting each other, racial segregation, armed warlords, theft, and mob justice. They are a complete joke and I have spent considerable time laughing at them. Graffiti is their greatest contribution to society. Such overachievers. LOL.

Now the Seattle taxpayer has to pay to clean up that mess. That's the real crime.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post

Huh?

Old 06-23-2020, 07:29 AM

1,744 posts, read 877,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
I wonder why she changed her mind. She previously said she would let the block party last all summer or however long the block party folks want to stay.

My guess would be the mother of the black victim murdered in there the other night calling her out on TV news as being responsible for his death, as well as BLM being responsible. Apparently, his black life didn't matter (she said that - not me).

I find the timing odd, though, since Trump called the governor after the shooting and then all of a sudden, Jenny's singing a different tune about CHOP. I'm hoping Trump gave Inslee and ultimatum - take the city back or the US military will. Would love to see a transcript of that phone call.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
My guess would be the mother of the black victim murdered in there the other night calling her out on TV news as being responsible for his death, as well as BLM being responsible. Apparently, his black life didn't matter (she said that - not me).

I find the timing odd, though, since Trump called the governor after the shooting and then all of a sudden, Jenny's singing a different tune about CHOP. I'm hoping Trump gave Inslee and ultimatum - take the city back or the US military will. Would love to see a transcript of that phone call.
That would start an interesting legal battle, to be certain.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:49 AM

653 posts, read 221,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post

I feel so sorry for that mother. Her comments should be played on a loop across all national and local news. People need to understand the consequences of actions like this. People should never be allowed to take over streets and block access. If people want to protest, do it in a safer manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies