Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 07:36 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
"Historians of the future will have a hard time figuring out how so many organized groups of strident jackasses succeeded in leading us around by the nose and morally intimidating the majority into silence."

-Thomas Sowell-
historians of the future will all be graduates or professors from the same universities that systematically produce those same strident jackasses, so bear that in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 07:49 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
Hopefully the ones arrested will get ten years in prison.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:56 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Peaceful protesters’ now trying to tear down Lafayette Square statue of Andrew Jackson
There are plenty of peaceful protesters out there, trying to bring the American Dream to ALL Americans.

Why do you keep purposefully confusing the peaceful protesters with the law-breakers? It's obvious you are trying to push an agenda to undermine the goals of the peaceful protesters. My question remains "why"?

What do you have to gain by undermining a peaceful message that supports American Values for all?

What you are doing is no different than vilifying all cops for the actions of a few. Both are dishonest, and neither accomplishes anything good.

Can't you just stick to facts, instead of fake news? If you were to label the law-breakers what they are, and make any effort to distinguish them from the peaceful protesters (rather than purposely confuse things), I'd support your comments, and I think most Americans would too.

The rioters, looters and law-breakers, by definition, are not part of the peaceful protests. They are undermining an otherwise good cause, which I'm sure you, a Patriotic American, supports. Am I right?

Old 06-24-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
There are plenty of peaceful protesters out there, trying to bring the American Dream to ALL Americans.

Why do you keep purposefully confusing the peaceful protesters with the law-breakers? It's obvious you are trying to push an agenda to undermine the goals of the peaceful protesters. My question remains "why"?

What do you have to gain by undermining a peaceful message that supports American Values for all?

What you are doing is no different than vilifying all cops for the actions of a few. Both are dishonest, and neither accomplishes anything good.

Can't you just stick to facts, instead of fake news? If you were to label the law-breakers what they are, and make any effort to distinguish them from the peaceful protesters (rather than purposely confuse things), I'd support your comments, and I think most Americans would too.

The rioters, looters and law-breakers, by definition, are not part of the peaceful protests. They are undermining an otherwise good cause, which I'm sure you, a Patriotic American, supports. Am I right?
if you’re not bright enough to realize i’m mocking the MSM idiots who invariably refer to the current round of protesters as ‘peaceful’ - no matter how blood-crazed and violent they actually are- then there’s no point in explaining any further.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:45 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
The one in the middle, with the white scarf-like thing, would have been a good-looking woman, except her foul potty mouth completely negated any physical attractiveness that the Good Lord had granted her. Kudos to those Park Police officers who have to stand there and take it.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:52 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Lafayette Park has its own police department because it's a federal landmark.

Can't say with certainty which department was responsible for stepping in. I don't know.
The shields in the Twitter video read Park Police. I didn't realize that Lafayette Park came under their jurisdiction, but I'm glad to see it. They are a federal police force, and as such are under the orders of the president, not the mayor. It looks like President Trump is making good on his promise to protect statues on federal property.

Old 06-25-2020, 05:09 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
historians of the future will all be graduates or professors from the same universities that systematically produce those same strident jackasses, so bear that in mind.
Yeah, not good.

Old 06-25-2020, 05:24 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Very few of the protesters are peaceful. In fact even the people with a legitimate axe to grind seem to be content screaming in the face of police officers who are there to maintain peace.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:19 PM

take a good look

Old 06-26-2020, 02:25 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The shields in the Twitter video read Park Police. I didn't realize that Lafayette Park came under their jurisdiction, but I'm glad to see it. They are a federal police force, and as such are under the orders of the president, not the mayor. It looks like President Trump is making good on his promise to protect statues on federal property.

Lafayette along with a lot of other real estate in DC is Federal property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies