Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 01:06 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times

Advertisements

Let's look at REAL facts about violent crimes

A) Most murders are committed by someone the person knows. This is the case more than 90% of the time.

B) Interracial violence is rarely random. News flash, there are a lot of white junkies who get beat up by black drug dealers. This is rarely ever a random occurance.

C) A black perps attacking a random white victim is extremely rare. It does happen of course, but these go toward robbery statistics. By the way, whites also rob people. And many whites rob other white people. Shocking I know.

D) Even if you could prove that blacks commit more violence against whites. It wouldn't matter. Mostly because interracial violence in general is actually extremely rare. This is mostly because violent crime is extremely rare. The chances of an American dying from a violent crime is actually less than 1%. The chances of you being murdered by some black guy you don't even know is well under %0.01.

If you fear dying, you probably should buy a bus pass, or stop eating beef. Since cars and heart disease tend to round out the top 10 leading causes of death among Americans

Why am I talking about causes of death? Because we need to evaluate risk models

The purpose of these sort of claims made in the OP is to distort risk. To make it seem that there is a very clear and present thread to white people. And it's black people who are a imminent and high threat to white people.

Yet nothing statistically supports this assertion. Murder is rare. Murder from someone you don't know is even rarer. Murder from someone who is not your race is even rarer.

TL;DR. Chill out, and stop being so easily lead.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
There were links to the DOJ statistics, no one can make you click on them.

And how many of these are "random" acts of violence. Very few. You usually don't hit people you don't know in the back of the head.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This thread is rather...interesting. Not because of the topic per se but from the perspectives posted. There are three different Black perspectives. The justifies, apologists and truthers that make no apologies justifications and go with personal accountability.

White perspectives seem to run parallel. Wherein lies the interesting part. I didnt count how many of each there are but that would be interesting too. Maybe there should be a poll attached. I know where I fall personally.

I've only ever viewed any Black people as enemies out of hand once. And that was because I was testifying against them in court and they attempted to intimidate me while I was in the courthouse bathroom.

And that didn't turn out well for them. I will admit there were some...racially charged things....said very loudly on both sides of that exchange before the two State Troopers outside in the hall came in and intervened. And it was the friends of the arrested parties that started that.

I just reacted in anger and replied in kind. And being a lot younger and very hot tempered I'm thankful the Troopers were close by.

I've been the victim of serious and/or violent crime twice in my life. Both times it was "POC" that committed those crimes. I certainly don't blame all of the people that are the same color for that that's just the way it was.

It not hard for me to believe the disproportionate numbers in posted links and claims here. That where the justifiers and apologists come in. Yes I know justifiers is not technically a word before the leftist spelling Nazis chime in.

Anyway, a problem does seem to exist. And I have no solutions.

There isn't a problem here. The problem is sometimes we run into crappy people. You solve the situation and move on with your life.

I don't think that black people have a strong propensity for violence. And most black people aren't violent. But I can say that in some circumstances blacks may react more violently. I think that's fair.

And I think violence mostly comes from the home. Most black Americans come from broken homes. And when you don't have a good outlet for your grief and anger, you turn it toward society. We first need to identity what breaks up homes. That's police. And if you want to debate that with me, let's have at it. I don't make the statement with a good amount of research to back it up.

Secondly bad policies. Sometimes we're not going to be able to avoid broken homes. So we need better outlets for young boys in their formative years. I really feel society has turned it's back on it's young men, and have not given them enough positivity. So it turns to violence.

The same can be seen with white young men too. We don't like to focus on that. Mostly because people on the internet have an agenda of characterizing black people are unthinking and violent cretins. But if you really want to see where violent crime comes from. It's mostly black and white young men 18-25 years old. And I think the way society alienates men and puts down masculinity contributes greatly to this. Plus the lack of good role male role models in media or anywhere.

We toss away our young men way to quickly. And they either join up and become white nationalist, which just eventually leads to violence. Or in the case of black men, they join gangs and commit crimes.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:25 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
And how many of these are "random" acts of violence. Very few. You usually don't hit people you don't know in the back of the head.
Apparently you aren't familiar with the knockout game. It's a thing, unfortunately.

Allow me to toss out two sentences:

1. Most black people are not violent.

2. Black people commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime, relative to their share of the population.

People on the left tend to focus on the first sentence. People on the right tend to focus on the second sentence. But guess what? They're both true! Conservatives would do well to keep the first one in mind, so as not to unfairly tarnish the majority of black people. Liberals would do well to keep the second one in mind, so as not to blindly downplay the fact of where a disproportionate share of violence comes from.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Apparently you aren't familiar with the knockout game. It's a thing, unfortunately.

2. Black people commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime, relative to their share of the population.

People on the left tend to focus on the first sentence. People on the right tend to focus on the second sentence. But guess what? They're both true! Conservatives would do well to keep the first one in mind, so as not to unfairly tarnish the majority of black people. Liberals would do well to keep the second one in mind, so as not to blindly downplay the fact of where a disproportionate share of violence comes from.
Well to be fair to conservatives, If black people didn't countervote conservatives at 95% rate I might be more willing to focus more on 1. and let 2. slide more like Democrats. But what I would never do is frame a third party race and blame them for 2. to appeal to the black vote like Democrats do. The scapegoating is the reason I vote Republican not the disproportionate interracial crime rates.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Give me a break. How many times have you been a victim of the knockout game? A couple of dozen of teenagers doesn't lend itself to some the claims being stated here. Particularly since the knockout game fad died out several years ago. Come on man, that was weak. At least source recent stuff

On point 2. Blacks are locked up for drug charges. Which I'd argue shouldn't be illegal to begin with. This is close to over 70% of the incarceration rate across all races. That's certainly an issue with government policy. You can argue drugs, drug use, or posession are violent, but they're at the very least victimless

Black do commit more violent crimes. However violent crime isn't that common in the USA, which I've stated on another post.

Last edited by branh0913; 06-24-2020 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: merging

Old 06-24-2020, 02:11 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Be careful what you hope for. If every single white person in this country were to die tomorrow, the overall ratio of productive law-abiding people to welfare parasites and criminals would severely tilt the wrong way. By next week, the country would have devolved into an unimaginable hell hole of violence and depravity.
I'm white, so if all the white people died, I would die. It is painful for me to watch what is going on, and in some ways I would rather they put us out of our misery than for things to continue as they are.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Julius Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Now we are a bunch of quivering, self loathing dolts.
Whites made a deal with the devil, they traded their souls for money. And the devil has come to collect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
I'm starting to agree...no one is stopping this...
And there is a reason for it, and it isn't some conspiracy either. It is the natural outcome of our system, and it is only going to get worse.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:16 PM

2,180 posts, read 639,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Give me a break. How many times have you been a victim of the knockout game? A couple of dozen of teenagers doesn't lend itself to some the claims being stated here. Particularly since the knockout game fad died out several years ago. Come on man, that was weak. At least source recent stuff
Just last year there was a rash of attacks against the Jewish community in New York, using both "knock out" game and regular assault/battery tactics. Widely discussed on this forum and in New York news.

And by your logic, if interracial crime isn't a problem, then police killings aren't, either.

Frankly, I tend to agree that most crime is INTRA-racial. But, maybe white folks wouldn't get so sensitive about it if they weren't disproportionately on the receiving end of it while being told that THEY were the threat to black people's lives.

Maybe if it didn't make the news every time some white person said something racist, as if that was a newsworthy item, and the same energy was employed on crimes where whites were victimized on account of their race, you wouldn't get so many people talking about "black on white crime."

Maybe if we didn't live in clown world where we keep being reminded that BLACK LIVES MATTER.... yet 95% of blacks are NOT killed by "non blacks" (note a lot of blacks are killed by Latinos as well).

This has even moved over to BLACK TRANS LIVES MATTER.... where everyone is pretending there's some spate of racially tinged killing of trans women. But the fact is, the MAJORITY of black TRANS dying... are ALSO being killed by blacks!

The media and black activists (and their pathetic "white allies") are DERANGING American and Western Society by choosing to highlight one victim class which is actually victimized at rates far less by "outsiders" than the majority!

Old 06-24-2020, 02:19 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well to be fair to conservatives, If black people didn't countervote conservatives at 95% rate I might be more willing to focus more on 1. and let 2. slide more like Democrats. But what I would never do is frame a third party race and blame them for 2. to appeal to the black vote like Democrats do. The scapegoating is the reason I vote Republican not the disproportionate interracial crime rates.
If I have to vote Republican to get the approval/benefit of the doubt from conservatives as a whole, then you can keep it. I'll vote the way I please. If how I'm perceived comes from voting patterns, then forget it. There are complaints that Blacks vote Democrat at 90% or more. And then some people wonder why Blacks aren't convinced to vote Republican. Shaming Black people for voting Democrat is not going to make Black people vote Republican. If anything, it will just stir up even more resentment. Maybe the reason so many Blacks vote Democrat is because they feel like a large number of conservatives look down on Blacks.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Just last year there was a rash of attacks against the Jewish community in New York, using both "knock out" game and regular assault/battery tactics. Widely discussed on this forum and in New York news.

And by your logic, if interracial crime isn't a problem, then police killings aren't, either.

Frankly, I tend to agree that most crime is INTRA-racial. But, maybe white folks wouldn't get so sensitive about it if they weren't disproportionately on the receiving end of it while being told that THEY were the threat to black people's lives.

Maybe if it didn't make the news every time some white person said something racist, as if that was a newsworthy item, and the same energy was employed on crimes where whites were victimized on account of their race, you wouldn't get so many people talking about "black on white crime."

Maybe if we didn't live in clown world where we keep being reminded that BLACK LIVES MATTER.... yet 95% of blacks are NOT killed by "non blacks" (note a lot of blacks are killed by Latinos as well).

This has even moved over to BLACK TRANS LIVES MATTER.... where everyone is pretending there's some spate of racially tinged killing of trans women. But the fact is, the MAJORITY of black TRANS dying... are ALSO being killed by blacks!

The media and black activists (and their pathetic "white allies") are DERANGING American and Western Society by choosing to highlight one victim class which is actually victimized at rates far less by "outsiders" than the majority!
Exactly right. Crime and victimization is a side issue. The issue is being made a scapegoat and being lied to and lied about constantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies