Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 11:39 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Right now? He's letting Trump dig his own grave. He doesn't have to run on anything. Every other day Trump says something cringeworthy on national TV. The smartest play Biden has is to stay quiet and let Trump continue to sabotage himself.
It drives Trump more and more loco that Biden won't rise to the bait Trump throws out. It's interesting to watch as Trump corkscrews himself deeper and deeper into the ground.

What could hurt Biden? A bad VP choice, like McCain did in 2008. Looking at the current so called "candidates" that are being vetted, most would be a credible choice. Except Stacey Abrams, who has no real experience at the national level.

Don't be surprised if Pence gets replaced. Reading Bolton's book right now, it seems clear that Pence has little stroke with Trump, although I don't think Trump can afford anymore leakage from evangelicals, some who are moving to Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 11:44 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It drives Trump more and more loco that Biden won't rise to the bait Trump throws out. It's interesting to watch as Trump corkscrews himself deeper and deeper into the ground.

What could hurt Biden? A bad VP choice, like McCain did in 2008. Looking at the current so called "candidates" that are being vetted, most would be a credible choice. Except Stacey Abrams, who has no real experience at the national level.

Don't be surprised if Pence gets replaced. Reading Bolton's book right now, it seems clear that Pence has little stroke with Trump, although I don't think Trump can afford anymore leakage from evangelicals, some who are moving to Biden.
McCain was way behind in 2008 and didn't appear to have a chance. Palin actually invigorated his campaign for a week or two. It wasn't until she came across as an airhead that she actually started to hurt his campaign, but at that point, it really didn't matter.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:46 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Right now? He's letting Trump dig his own grave. He doesn't have to run on anything. Every other day Trump says something cringeworthy on national TV. The smartest play Biden has is to stay quiet and let Trump continue to sabotage himself.
So true. The more trump opens his mouth the more his numbers go down.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:47 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Not only that but he can identify shampoos and conditioners in 3 sniffs or less.
He'll be caught smelling bicycle seats at elementary schools before too long.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:48 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So true. The more trump opens his mouth the more his numbers go down.
Right up until he wins Re-election.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:51 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
  • Social Justice agenda is 90% of it.
  • Huge outreach to minorities, and the white majority will just get screwed some more paying for it and getting passed over for jobs in favor of minorities.
  • Open borders.
  • Black lives matter.
  • Expanding existing social programs.
  • Dumping a bunch of money on small businesses a long as they meet specific qualifiers.
  • Green new deal lite.
  • Further ruination of education. (Federal tinkering has always made everything worse, not better.)
  • Expanding Obamacare. Going to go out on a limb and guess that he'll put the individual mandate back in place.

It looks like the old Democrat party line, but rewritten to be more Neo-Marxist SJW friendly. What do both Democrats and Republicans do every 4 years? They make a bunch of fine sounding promises, most of which they'll forget all about once they take office. For the items they do take action on, they'll slam some massively diluted ineffectual bill through Congress, sign it into law, then proclaim "Promise kept!! I did what I said I would do!!"

Prior to Trump, both parties were useless. They still are useless. By not being a long-time cog in the machine, Trump actually blunders across a lot of good ideas, netting impressive results more often than not. I don't know that it makes Trump a genius. Just somebody who seems willing to go off script, thereby getting results we don't normally see from the R/D duopoly. I guess the selling point for Joe Biden is getting back to that state of perpetual uselessness?

If we're looking for a signature two or three item list, it still comes down to:
  • Hi! I'm Joe Biden. You know me, right?
  • I'm not Donald Trump.
  • Did I mention that I'm not Donald Trump?

There isn't anything there that is uniquely Joe Biden's thing.
At this point I'd just vote for Joe to spit in Trump's face because the devil himself couldn't be worse.

Oh, and Trump's platform - exactly the same as last time since he has failed to keep any of his promises...except for a big tax cut that only helped a small percentage of his backers and the rest just ate it.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:55 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
I guess, I have the same opinion on this matter as DJT's advisors.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:56 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
Default Biden is a placeholder for his VP who will run in 2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I was thinking about it and I honestly have no idea. What is lies at the core of what Joe Biden's campaign? What is he offering that would make a person vote for him and not Trump?

I looked it up and found these:
  • Restore The Soul of America
  • Our best days still lie ahead
  • This is America We are America second to none
Okay so he's just rewording "Make America Great Again" here. For anyone claiming that MAGA is a wrongheaded slogan, none of these statements help him. "America was never great." becomes "America never had a soul to begin with." etc. The other two are literally just taking MAGA and KAGA and rewording them.
  • Anything is possible
Ridiculously obvious statement, why do we need Joe Biden to make "anything possible." It isn't really saying anything.
  • No Malarkey!
The man is a lifelong politician and has therefore lied about 1000 times more than the average human being. Besides that, we can put together a rather massive list of lies, deceptions, shady dealings and outright contradictions from his career -- which to be fair, is true of any life-long politician. Nobody is racing to nickname Biden "honest Joe" or anything. So at best, this is just a "I'm really old!! Here's an old outdated catchphrase!! Vote for me!!" It doesn't really pop and it doesn't point to anything he's actually running on either.

Those are just catch-phrases of course. They aren't policies. They aren't promises.. Biden is doing well running as the "well at least I'm not Donald Trump" candidate, but I honestly have no idea what else he stands for that is likely to get anyone all that excited. Can some Dems help me out here?

Biden is a placeholder for his VP who will run in 2025

Old 06-24-2020, 12:01 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Did you know that Presidential elections have been held every four years since 1792?

Old 06-25-2020, 09:55 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Exactly. I've lost count of how many Veepstakes articles I've read. "Who will Joe Biden choose for VP?" Commentators excitedly throw their ideas into the (pointless) pot. Meanwhile, Biden is holed up in his Delaware home using the virus as an excuse for doing nothing. He's pandering to the black voters and no others, and when I ask what he stands for I'm directed to his website. If you have to Google what the presidential nominee's stance on the issues are, he's failing at his campaign. I'm more familiar with Andrew Yang's ideas and he dropped out months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies