Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are universities to blame for Black Lives Matter riots?
Yes 6 27.27%
Partly 6 27.27%
Slightly 1 4.55%
No 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 10:03 PM

6,288 posts, read 2,834,106 times

Advertisements

Tucker Carlson has been going on about this. This Washington Examiner piece also argues that case.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...atter-protests

Quote:
America’s universities bequeathed the post-George Floyd protests to the country. The protesters, whether peaceful or violent, have justified their actions by denouncing systemic racism in law enforcement and the country as a whole. The basis for their mass grievance is that America is a racist country.

Amid the chaos, the leaders of the Claremont Institute, a California-based think tank, asked an important question: “Why is it that so many of our citizens believe that America is racist to its core?” The answer actually is quite straightforward. They explained:

“Because this lie has been preached by our universities and media like the Gospel for a generation. From there, it has traveled throughout society, particularly among the elite. Even most leaders on the Right are unwilling to refute this destructive untruth. In failing to do so, they promote the falsehood, the riots that it has engendered, and ultimately America’s destruction. This is to say, the riots are the handiwork of the elite.”
I don't remember being indoctrinated like that when I was in college, but that was late 80's. Is it going on now in all schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 10:15 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,332,102 times
I'd put more of the blame on our mainstream media. Their lies and manipulation have been going on for years. And they are effective with low-IQ members of our society that are not capable of critical thinking and can be lead around like livestock. Hence-BLM, Pantifa and "Hillary won the popular vote".

Old 06-23-2020, 10:19 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,462,430 times
It is a stupid and arrogant supposition. If you believe universities are capabable of this thought control then

A. Americans are extremely gullible.
B. Republicans are somehow immune to this.

Do republicans think so little of their fellow Americans? Not very patriotic if that is the case.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:21 PM

15,677 posts, read 6,383,445 times
There's a lot of people out of work right now. Just saying...

Old 06-23-2020, 10:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,812,685 times
I think the blame all goes back to Democrats. They control academia and the media and Democrat politicians spout the narrative too. The schools and media are just the systems they use to indoctrinate.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think it the blame all goes back to Democrats. They control academia and the media and Democrat politicians spout the narrative too. The schools and media are just the systems they use to indoctrinate.
Yep. Everyone but you. Fantastic view. And very Christian. Well not. It’s very unchristian.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yep. Everyone but you. Fantastic view. And very Christian. Well not. It’s very unchristian.
No not everyone but me, but most Democrats. The Christianity I read about tells that there was many times only one good man to be found within a given society so don't bring that up.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No not everyone but me, but most Democrats.
You are incredibly special. Immune to everyday influences. How do you do that?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
You are incredibly special. Immune to everyday influences. How do you do that?
It's not just me, it's Republican and conservatives and others who don't drink the democrat koolaid. That's a lot of people. It's probably the majority of white folks so that's why they are the Democrat's sworn enemy.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:45 PM

45,317 posts, read 26,866,017 times
Quote:
It is a stupid and arrogant supposition. If you believe universities are capabable of this thought control then

A. Americans are extremely gullible.
B. Republicans are somehow immune to this.

Do republicans think so little of their fellow Americans? Not very patriotic if that is the case.
Young adults with very little life experience on their own are gullible. I don't think that's breaking news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies