Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 03:13 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times

Advertisements

i'm very interested in how a neighborhood can just decline police "protection". Many black neighhorhoods would love to know what this process entails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 03:21 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
i'm very interested in how a neighborhood can just decline police "protection". Many black neighhorhoods would love to know what this process entails.
They are not declining, just not reporting crimes, and yes, it happens in black neighborhoods all of the time.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:34 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,550,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I don't watch/read MSM and won't read the story. I have a question for those who read it: do you think the people in the story are real or are they actors playing the part? I believe that there are paid actors and members of left-wing supremacy groups acting a certain way to fool the public into thinking that regular people agree with them.
I live around a lot of people who think and behave this way. These people are not actors. The only explanation that I have as for why seemingly normal people have become this way is because of media, echo chambers, and a desire for attention. The most aggressive progressives see themselves as part of a moral crusade, and homogeneous mainstream media reinforces that. There are a lot of people, albeit a minority, who will read the article and think that the attitude and response of those interviewed are reasonable.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:35 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We should start a go fund me to send bus loads of criminals to that town.
I'm weak.

Excellent idea.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:49 PM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
LMFAOOOO I read the entire article...OMG I am WEAK.

I especially adore the fellow who regrets calling police on the guys who held him up, demanding his car keys, at gunpoint; his reason?
It may've put them in danger. He would've "lost my car but so what...at least no one would have gotten killed".

This is simply beyond belief. I cannot wait to see how this rolls out. OMG I hope MORE communities take this "will not call police", vow. As long as it doesn't happen by me. They deserve everything they get as a result of their misguided attempt to...what? Aid criminals?
This is DANGEROUS. This will lull thugs into assuming that every white person will do the same. More attempts will be made to mug whites and many will end up getting the thug killed.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:52 PM

947 posts, read 1,402,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
LOL quoting the great philosopher Forest Gump.

Stupid is as stupid does.

And its corollary: You can't fix stupid. Especially, it seems, in Powderhorn Park.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:57 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
This is DANGEROUS. This will lull thugs into assuming that every white person will do the same. More attempts will be made to mug whites and many will end up getting the thug killed.
EEK. I hadn't thought of that, you have a point.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:05 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Maybe they shouldn't lock their doors either. Seems like an arbitrary barrier between us and them. Not really fair at all---locks.

This is one of the most insane things I have ever read. The whole time I thought it was satire. It must be satire. It was definitely funny.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:08 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Like with CHOP--when someone dies, the liberal social experiment is over.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:21 PM

1,781 posts, read 955,928 times
I've often wondered what kind of people raised these white 20 something nut jobs out there "peacefully protesting". I think I have my answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies