Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 12:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The GBI agent testified Travis was pointing the gun when he got out of the truck and that it can be seen on the video.
Well I didn't see it on the video. So why did Arbery sprint some 70 feet directly towards someone allegedly pointing a long gun at him? That makes no sense other than Arbery was mad and decided to attack McMichaels who he thought probably wouldn't shoot in defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LOL your argument goes both ways. Maybe the McMichaels were acting in anger. Maybe they were angry that Arbery wouldn't submit to them? Maybe as the chase progressed they hit him with a truck because they were angry that Arbery wouldn't obey them. They were so angry that they cut him off and threatened him with a gun.

LOL you do amuse me. You use arguments that serve Arbery even better. I will say this, Arbery certainly had a right to be angry. I mean they hit him with a truck.
Perhaps, but only Arbery's aggressive act was the cause he was shot in self defense.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:20 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well I didn't see it on the video. So why did Arbery sprint some 70 feet directly towards someone allegedly pointing a long gun at him? That makes no sense other than Arbery was mad and decided to attack McMichaels who he thought probably wouldn't shoot in defense.
He didn't - he immediately turned right in response to what looks like the gun being raised.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
He didn't - he immediately turned right in response to what looks like the gun being raised.
What the video clearly shows is McMichaels is parked and standing by the drivers side in the left lane hold his shotgun. Arbery runs in the left lane from over 50 feet away toward McMichels standing in the left lane. Arbery cuts to the right of the center line as he closes in then cuts back into the left lane as if to attack McMichaels, then cuts sharply right and around the truck then charges 90 degrees at the front of the truck to attack McMichaels in a flank attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLN4PAJEYc8

Old 06-29-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
What the video clearly shows is McMichaels is parked and standing by the drivers side in the left lane hold his shotgun. Arbery runs in the left lane from over 50 feet away toward McMichels standing in the left lane. Arbery cuts to the right of the center line as he closes in then cuts back into the left lane as if to attack McMichaels, then cuts sharply right and around the truck then charges 90 degrees at the front of the truck to attack McMichaels in a flank attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLN4PAJEYc8
When it's slowed down, it appears that Travis McMichael raises his gun - Arbery immediately turns right, as if in response to that.

Both McMichael and Arbery moved after the gun raising - Abery right and then back towards the truck. While McMichael left the safety of the side of the truck and moved to the front of the truck - my guess is that his hunter's instinct deemed the front of the truck as the place that gave him the most options (lines of fire).

Old 06-29-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
When it's slowed down, it appears that Travis McMichael raises his gun - Arbery immediately turns right, as if in response to that.

Both McMichael and Arbery moved after the gun raising - Abery right and then back towards the truck. While McMichael left the safety of the side of the truck and moved to the front of the truck - my guess is that his hunter's instinct deemed the front of the truck as the place that gave him the most options (lines of fire).
I can't make out or see McMichael "raise his gun", but I can clearly make out Arbery runs in the left lane toward McMichael, cuts to the right of center as he closes in, then cuts back into the left lane as if to attack McMichael (is this where McMichael allegedly "raises his gun"?) then cuts back right and loops around the pickup and charges McMichael in a flank attack.

It appears Arbery had planned to advance toward and to attack McMichael in a frontal attack but then decided to loop around the pick up in a flank attack.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I can't make out or see McMichael "raise his gun", but I can clearly make out Arbery runs in the left lane toward McMichael, cuts to the right of center as he closes in, then cuts back into the left lane as if to attack McMichael (is this where McMichael allegedly "raises his gun"?) then cuts back right and loops around the pickup and charges McMichael in a flank attack.

It appears Arbery had planned to advance toward and to attack McMichael in a frontal attack but then decided to loop around the pick up in a flank attack.
Nope - you'll have to enlarge and slow down the video. What appears to be Travis McMichael raising his gun happens in the split second before Arbery turns right. I'm guessing the gun was lowered because the line of fire would have included Bryans pursuing vehicle.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Nope - you'll have to enlarge and slow down the video. What appears to be Travis McMichael raising his gun happens in the split second before Arbery turns right. I'm guessing the gun was lowered because the line of fire would have included Bryans pursuing vehicle.
I did enlarge it and slow it down. And I saw only what I described. This would be after Arbery cuts back left as if to attack McMichael. So if McMichael did "rasie his gun" at that point it is in response to Arbery cutting back left charging toward McMichael. I'll believe my own lying eyes and judgment over what you're claiming.

"Line of fire would've have included Bryan vehicle" . Arbery was running in what would been McMichael's line a fire for at least 30 feet before Bryan's vehicle even made it around the corner. You make no sense.

Old 06-29-2020, 02:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
I did enlarge it and slow it down. And I saw only what I described. I'll believe my own lying eyes and judgment over what you're claiming.

"Line of fire would've have included Bryan vehicle" . Arbery was running in what would been McMichael's line a fire for at least 30 feet before Bryan's vehicle even made it around the corner. You make no sense.
Bryan's vehicle even made it around the corner???????

What video are you watching?

Old 06-29-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Bryan's vehicle even made it around the corner???????

What video are you watching?
The first 10 seconds of the video DUR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies