Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 07:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
These men have harbored certain ideals about young black men their whole lives and they will lose their freedom from acting on those ideals. The fact that Arbery was jogging in his own neighborhood speaks volumes.
Seems fairly evident to me. I am 100% glad I never had white trash neighbors like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 08:36 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
They are not felons. Based on your comments, you must have no idea what a Grand Jury decides. Why are you so uneducated on how our legal system works. I'll help - Formal charges have been filed and the court process will begin.

Don't you tire of making posts that are incorrect so often?
So why are you stating that Arbery made a bad decision, there is an obvious reason they are in jail awaiting trial but you seem to thing Arbery was the problem.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:55 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,203,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I think the intent of the chase is the big issue here. Were they just trying to harass the guy? Were they trying to stop what they thought was a crime in progress? That’s what I would focus on as a juror.
You really need to get a grip. There was NO crime (other than the subsequent chase and murder) and no crime in progress. A guy jogging is not a 'crime in progress' nor otherwise.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:57 PM

Quote:
He could have run towards a house. Gee that was hard.

I get it though, you don't think he 's smart enough to think of that because he's black.
Run onto private property and get shot up for trespassing? u nutz?

Old 01-01-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
What an absurd juvenile made up statement in order to create drama where none exists

Yep, rather than acknowledging the victim made a horrible mistake, instead make an excuse for him based on the color of his skin.
Shotgun murder somehow is not drama for you ? What color is the sky in your world? What mistake did the vic make?

Old 01-01-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
No you don't know. I'm blaming the victim when the victim attacks someone with a gun.

How'd that work out?
Attacks someone with a gun.??? What kinda drugs are you on? When being on foot and chased down by guys with guns in trucks, there is no way that is the victim attacking anyone.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Arbery died because he made the horrible decision to attack someone holding a gun. Period. He was responsible for his own death. If he had made the reasonable decision to either run for help or stay put he would be alive today. But he has a history of making bad decisions. That's what happens when one isn't raised properly. Clearly you don't understand common sense.

The law had nothing to do with Arberys horrible decision.

Their is no substance or emphasis on the truth in your entire post
He was trying to run away, but cut off by the perps with guns ans trucks.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-02-2021 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 01-02-2021, 11:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ill defend a good shoot all day long every day. This was anything but a good shoot. Bubba and bubba Jr. decided to take the law into their own hands. They singled out Arbery, in spite of the fact that he was hardly the only one to enter the job site.

The owner of the property has stated that he never asked Bubba, or Bubba Jr or anyone else to take aggressive action on his behalf.

Arbery tried to evade Bubba and Bubba Jr. They wouldn't allow for evasion or escape. Jr. Then forced the confrontation when he exited the vehicle with a loaded weapon.

The Bubbas didn't call the police until after the chase began. There is evidence that one of the vehicles hit Arbery.

1 person and only 1 person had reason to fear for their life and that was Arbery. I truly hope that the Bubbas receive the maximum penalty.
No one forces a confrontation. Arbery choose to attack McMichael. We all saw how Arbery choose to run at McMichael from a distance. Instead of running away or waiting for police Arbery made the wrong call. He's known for that.

1 person and only 1 person had reason to fear for their life and that was McMichael.
When Arbery attacked McMichael, McMichael was in fear of his life. Arbery made a horrible decision which cost him his life. He is well known for having bad judgement.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:09 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
What sort of moron are you? He was trying to run away, but cut off by the perps with guns ans trucks.
Even a dimwitted child understands that running towards harm instead of away is not called trying to get away?

Let me guess, someone armed comes into your house, you are unarmed and 20 yards away. The smart move is to run towards the armed person??? That has to be one of the dumbest things ever posted on c and d. Congrats.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:12 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Seems fairly evident to me. I am 100% glad I never had white trash neighbors like them.
I wouldn’t want trashy neighbors. As far as their race, I couldn’t care less. Guess I’m just old school like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies