Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 10:05 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,784,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I love me a good revisionist-history post. Gives me a much needed laugh first thing in the morning.
Want to laugh about the 120k plus people that are dying from Covid with more to come? Do you think 40 9/11's thus far is what? Funny?

Trump at the 2016 debate to Jeb Bush " The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush. He kept us safe? That is not safe. The World Trade Center came down because Bill Clinton did not kill Osama bin Laden when he had the chance. And George Bush had the chance also, and didn't listen to the advice of his C.I.A."

Source: Politico "Trump blames George W Bush for 9/11.

So we have a president that ignored the Intel about the pandemic and chose to lie and gas light about it for months, causing tens of thousands if not more deaths because he waited until the damage was so severe, there was no denying it. We have a president that politicizes wearing masks and the rubes blindly follow allowing the virus to continue to spread like wild fire, now in the red states. There was plenty of time to learn from New York and avoid this nightmare, yet.

Business Insider "Coronavirus: All the time Trump was warned about the pandemic."

"Trump ignored multiple warnings about the threat of a pandemic, and spent the last 2 years slashing programs responsible for handling this outbreak."

"Last year the Department of Health and Human Services conducted a training simulation about a hypothetical pandemic that predicted with remarkable accuracy, many problems the novel coronavirus currently poses."

"By the end of January and beginning of February, a majority of the intelligence contained in Trump's daily briefings was about the coronavirus." Yet he continued to lie and gas light about it.

It's an interesting article. It talks about the cuts made to the CDC. The loss of Timothy Ziemer who had overseen a previous pandemic. The elimination of the Complex Crisis Fund. Trump listened to Bolton and pushed out Tom Bossert who had called for a robust strategy against pandemics.

Chicago Tribune: "Trade adviser Peter Navarro warned Trump of coronavirus epidemic in January as president downplayed threat."

Forty World Trade Centers dead and counting? That is not keeping us safe Mr. President.

I don't think this is funny do you? Neither does the vast majority of America who aren't 45 degrees below stupid and see exactly the botched response to this pandemic and the lies. I'm sorry to some of you who are being paid to spin this. It's not working for the vast majority of America that want Trump gone in November. For the rest of you that don't want to see the truth? We'll work on getting you an intervention for a detox from a very poisonous koolaid. There is no denying that Trump botched this and is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths and the destruction to our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 10:32 AM

295 posts, read 143,380 times
and biden call trump a racist when he stop travel from china! you are so wrong animal and we all know it

Old 06-26-2020, 12:05 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,663,902 times
the only places in the sewer are the failing liberal hell hole cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
and biden call trump a racist when he stop travel from china! you are so wrong animal and we all know it

Biden called Trump xenophobic for the travel ban, too.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:13 PM

299 posts, read 255,534 times
I don't like Trump and I don't think he's done a good job handling the Corona virus but to blame him for the 120k deaths is absurd. If I had to blame someone I'd start with Cuomo and DiBlassio since NY has ~25% of the deaths and they were forcing nursing homes to take in sick patients and encouraging people to ride the NYC subway after the virus started spreading. Those two actions contributed significantly to the amount of cases and deaths in NY.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:35 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,588,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I could care less what "other countries" think of us.

As for organizations like NATO, WHO and the UN, they are the most evil, corrupt and useless groups in history. The fact that they hate us is a badge of honor.

As for the column, I make it a point not to read opinion posts by people that have an agenda.
A'yup. Any idea who first championed NATO or the UN? I wonder if the Trumpenfuhrer knows? What's your thoughts on NORAD?

But I guess you were A-ok with Article 5 of NATO, yes? Why?

Or do you even have any idea what I am talking about?

Old 06-26-2020, 12:46 PM

44,618 posts, read 61,562,449 times
Fact check: A list of 28 ways President Trump and his team have been dishonest about the coronavirus.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/...e-coronavirus/

Old 06-27-2020, 06:16 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,964,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Want to laugh about the 120k plus people that are dying from Covid with more to come? Do you think 40 9/11's thus far is what? Funny?

Trump at the 2016 debate to Jeb Bush " The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush. He kept us safe? That is not safe. The World Trade Center came down because Bill Clinton did not kill Osama bin Laden when he had the chance. And George Bush had the chance also, and didn't listen to the advice of his C.I.A."

Source: Politico "Trump blames George W Bush for 9/11.

So we have a president that ignored the Intel about the pandemic and chose to lie and gas light about it for months, causing tens of thousands if not more deaths because he waited until the damage was so severe, there was no denying it. We have a president that politicizes wearing masks and the rubes blindly follow allowing the virus to continue to spread like wild fire, now in the red states. There was plenty of time to learn from New York and avoid this nightmare, yet.

Business Insider "Coronavirus: All the time Trump was warned about the pandemic."

"Trump ignored multiple warnings about the threat of a pandemic, and spent the last 2 years slashing programs responsible for handling this outbreak."

"Last year the Department of Health and Human Services conducted a training simulation about a hypothetical pandemic that predicted with remarkable accuracy, many problems the novel coronavirus currently poses."

"By the end of January and beginning of February, a majority of the intelligence contained in Trump's daily briefings was about the coronavirus." Yet he continued to lie and gas light about it.

It's an interesting article. It talks about the cuts made to the CDC. The loss of Timothy Ziemer who had overseen a previous pandemic. The elimination of the Complex Crisis Fund. Trump listened to Bolton and pushed out Tom Bossert who had called for a robust strategy against pandemics.

Chicago Tribune: "Trade adviser Peter Navarro warned Trump of coronavirus epidemic in January as president downplayed threat."

Forty World Trade Centers dead and counting? That is not keeping us safe Mr. President.

I don't think this is funny do you? Neither does the vast majority of America who aren't 45 degrees below stupid and see exactly the botched response to this pandemic and the lies. I'm sorry to some of you who are being paid to spin this. It's not working for the vast majority of America that want Trump gone in November. For the rest of you that don't want to see the truth? We'll work on getting you an intervention for a detox from a very poisonous koolaid. There is no denying that Trump botched this and is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths and the destruction to our economy.
But I'm pretty sure you're absolving Cuomo of ANY responsibility for his horrific Covid response, right?

Nobody thinks it's funny. But it's also obvious that the response, and the criticism of the responses, are mostly political.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:20 AM

35,653 posts, read 21,021,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Tell us something, we don't already know about Donald Trump.
Oh we know --but trumpettes just brush it aside - and play dumb. even if mr.T said it himself

At a campaign rally in Iowa, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump jokingly says he could "shoot somebody and not lose any voters."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies