Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2020, 06:02 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Now that's funny. You think that we need to defend ourselves.

No, we actually enjoy our high paying jobs, our high levels of education, our high quality of life, our ability to meet people from around the world, and our diversity in terms of people/culture/food/music.

And we like our liberal/globalist politics which made all of this possible. We don't regret a damn thing.

If that triggers some right wing cupcakes, all the better I say.
If everything is so wonderful, why do most of the riots /looting take place in these wonder diverse cities ? I don't think anyone here is trying to put down any city, just trying to understand how one can defend them when we see issues like what we are seeing currently. If these liberal/globalist politics worked, there wouldn't be any kind of race or police brutality issues, and if so they would be very minor. Yet here we are.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:07 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I live in Florida, which is ran by Republicans (Congress + Governor is GOP controlled), and I am close to Miami, which has a Republican mayor, and Miami-Dade mayor is also Republican, and guess what? They have all the same problems as any other US city.

In your haste to place partisan blame, you are asking the wrong question.

Below are the questions you should be asking. Why don't you answer them for me:

1. If 80% of Americans live in cities & metro areas ran by Democrats, then why is it that such vast majority of American voters outright reject Republican policies when it comes to local issues? Why don't they trust Republicans?

2. Why are the poorest areas the nation (typically rural) practically always ran by Republicans?

Maybe the answer to #2 is also the answer to #1.
The highest poverty rate is in the inner-cities, not in rural areas. The poor disproportionately live in Dem-governed cities.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If everything is so wonderful, why do most of the riots /looting take place in these wonder diverse cities ?
Try mathematics.

If 90% of US metro areas are Dem controlled, then isn't it obvious most problems occur in Dem controlled cities?

Seems obvious to me.

The question is why Americans (80% live in cities) reject Republicans when it comes to local issues?

Republicans lose the races to the mayoral seas, and then they sit back whine and complain. What explains the systematic losses?

Old 06-25-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
IT's not...it's one of the best and cleanest cities in the midwest...has a highly educated workforce...unfortunately, that doesn't translate to their police dept as we've seen.
What changed there in 2018 ? It looks like crime has been on the rise since then. I've never been there but have heard it was a beautiful city , and I'm sure it it, but something is causing crime to rise there. And obviously the policies that control the police department were a fail.

https://streets.mn/2019/10/11/facts-...over-11-years/

Read the comments at the end of this article....
https://www.americanexperiment.org/2...g-minneapolis/

Old 06-25-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Try mathematics.

If 90% of US metro areas are Dem controlled, then isn't it obvious most problems occur in Dem controlled cities?

Seems obvious to me.

The question is why Americans (80% live in cities) reject Republicans when it comes to local issues?

Republicans lose the races to the mayoral seas, and then they sit back whine and complain. What explains the systematic losses?
So, in theory, if 90% of metro areas are Democratically controlled, under those wonderful progressive policies there shouldn't be any kind of turmoil, in these utopias. No racism, very low crime, very low police interactions, low amounts of homelessness, etc.

Now to be fair, there are plenty of rural conservative towns that have these issues, but I don't really see too many riots/looting in these places.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:22 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And yet no cons/Repubs have to the defense of rural Mississippi in this thread.

Strange.

Rural Mississippi has less population than Chicago does and most of it votes liberal anyways...

Old 06-25-2020, 06:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So, in theory, if 90% of metro areas are Democratically controlled, under those wonderful progressive policies there shouldn't be any kind of turmoil, in these utopias. No racism, very low crime, very low police interactions, low amounts of homelessness, etc.
Your words, not mine.

How did you come up with that?

Big cities have big city issues. I gave the example of Miami, which is republican controlled, and they have the same issues as any other city in US.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:27 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So can conservatives name one Republican run city they would love to move to?
I'm not a conservative per say, more of a centrist, but I live in a Dem controlled city. We are consistently named one of the top cities to relocate to as our Dems haven't been corrupted by unions, the mafia, or years upon years of generational corruption as of yet. Our last two mayors have been dems though. Mayor Tecklenberg has been in office for a few short years, and he's meh as a leader. Before him we had Joe Riley, who was an excellent mayor in his 41 years in office. He didn't see Charleston as a political issue, he saw Charleston as a city, with many folks with different beliefs, and he tried to help ALL of our citizens. He did more for the growth of Charleston and why it's a #1 relocation destination year after year.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:30 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Let's take a peek, shall we?

NYC : Population increase of 2.7 percent
LA: 5.89% since the last census, and annual increase also not declining
Both of those stats are wrong.

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/politi...tion-shrinking

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...inking/597544/

Quote:
But your real argument was that cities with populations over a million people are losing population, and that is a complete nonsense.
Only if you're averse to facts.

Quote:
If cities are losing population, then where are all the people going? Leaving the country? Moving to the mountains?
They're moving to more moderate and even Republican-governed outer suburbs. They're rejecting Dem-governed cities'/inner suburbs' crime, policies, and taxes.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Why has your president CHOSEN to live in a failed "lib" city his entire life, then? And why hasn't he moved the Trump Organization to a conservative city?

He must be kinda stupid, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies