Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 12:13 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
She is talking about calling out rabid racists and violent coworkers. Seems like a reasonable standard to me.
So did you do something about the sex offender in your school? If you did, what happened?

Old 06-25-2020, 12:18 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
It's very disappointing. I am sorry these officer's lost their jobs. I can tell you that because of all the racist Black Lives Matter activity, it is stressing officers' out. All this nonsense about bowing on a knee to a group of criminals. They were stressed out, like all law enforcement is because of what is being allowed in the United States. I understand their frustration, I am frustrated too. It's just a shame this happened and the officer's lost their jobs. Many other officer's are going to resign too because of all the 'defund police' and disrespect for police in the United States. Some will not need to be fired, because we will quit!
Seriously?

Old 06-25-2020, 12:23 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Quote:
https://portcitydaily.com/local-news...ait-free-read/

Picked up via dashboard cam

No worries, I'm sure some other department will snap them right up.
Not only is the officer on a "hot tape" appear to be making threats against citizens, he's also appearing to threatening fellow officers.....!

Old 06-25-2020, 12:29 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Again, so what? Perhaps whites should have thought of that and not purchased.
If the people back then could have seen the modern-day results of slavery, I'm sure that they would not have brought slaves to America. The U.S. Constitution would probably have included a ban on all Africans.

Old 06-25-2020, 12:38 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So did you do something about the sex offender in your school? If you did, what happened?
The truth all came out decades later. We didn't know at the time.

He had been caught molesting teenage boys, so the Catholic diocese in my area decided fo put him in an all-girls school figuring he wasn't attracted to women. We loved him- we had no idea what he was. Was never inappropriate with any of us. He even performed the wedding ceremonies of some of my friends.

It was heartbreaking when we learned, and turned me against the Catholic church permanently.

Pretty odd that you're equating children turning in a trusted authority figure to adults turning in a coworker, though.

Old 06-25-2020, 12:46 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
You treat anyone like cops have been treated lately and there’s a good chance they reach their breaking point and say things they wouldn’t under fair conditions.

Cops being treated like garbage and arrested for doing their jobs while others are free to abuse them
physically and verbally while politicians agree with those abusing them and abusing them themselves.
I watched a news segment with a line of cops blocking protesters. One black man was walking back and forth, face to face with the cops says: "f**k y'all" over and over to each cop. They had to stand there and endure the abuse. I completely understand how cops reach their breaking point.

I used to endure the same kind of racist abuse as a teacher in an inner-city school and it's hard not to feel resentful when you are the object of it. Blacks like to pretend it's a one-way street. From what I personally witnessed, they are the far more guilty party.

By the time I retired, my primary goal was to move where they don't live.

So glad I did!

Last edited by Futuremauian; 06-25-2020 at 01:48 PM..

Old 06-25-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
The truth all came out decades later. We didn't know at the time.

He had been caught molesting teenage boys, so the Catholic diocese in my area decided fo put him in an all-girls school figuring he wasn't attracted to women. We loved him- we had no idea what he was. Was never inappropriate with any of us. He even performed the wedding ceremonies of some of my friends.

It was heartbreaking when we learned, and turned me against the Catholic church permanently.

Pretty odd that you're equating children turning in a trusted authority figure to adults turning in a coworker, though.
well, the point is: often times, bad cops with a racial bias and violent tendency hide their behavior pretty well, the truth often comes out when it is too late. Either people die or get seriously injured.

Just like child molesters, they can hide their behaviors pretty well without getting caught.

You made it sound like there is a written on the bad cop's forehead or something. lol Sometimes, the problem is just that they are hard to spot. So don't jump to the "good cops cover for the bad cops" conclusion too quickly.

Old 06-25-2020, 12:56 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, the point is: often times, bad cops with a racial bias and violent tendency hide their behavior pretty well, the truth often comes out when it is too late. Either people die or get seriously injured.

Just like child molesters, they can hide their behaviors pretty well without getting caught.
But the Church WAS aware...and didn't turn him in to authorities and allowed him to continue in his position of power, and did nothing to help those children and families who were hurt by his (and others) behavior. That is on them, just as much as allowing bad cops to continue in their duties, while turning a blind eye, is on the departments allowing it.

Old 06-25-2020, 12:56 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
every conviction of a black person this cop has ever been involved in needs to be overturned and throw out, unless the person convicted openly admitted to doing the crime or there is like actual video proof. Otherwise, we can't trust that he's ever been honest about any black people he's helped convict. Any case where it was just his word against a black person's should be thrown out.

Old 06-25-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
But the Church WAS aware...and didn't turn him in to authorities and allowed him to continue in his position of power, and did nothing to help those children and families who were hurt by his (and others) behavior. That is on them, just as much as allowing bad cops to continue in their duties, while turning a blind eye, is on the departments allowing it.
I missed that part. If this is the case, then it is wrong, obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies