Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 10:25 AM

8,337 posts, read 2,962,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
It's very disappointing. I am sorry these officer's lost their jobs. I can tell you that because of all the racist Black Lives Matter activity, it is stressing officers' out. All this nonsense about bowing on a knee to a group of criminals. They were stressed out, like all law enforcement is because of what is being allowed in the United States. I understand their frustration, I am frustrated too. It's just a shame this happened and the officer's lost their jobs. Many other officer's are going to resign too because of all the 'defund police' and disrespect for police in the United States. Some will not need to be fired, because we will quit!
If they offered me $200k per year I would not police a black neighborhood. It’s a no win situation. That cop reached his breaking point. He should have resigned sooner and transferred to another department. Cops where I live work in a relaxed environment. 90+% white community out here in the Midwest.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:25 AM

424 posts, read 236,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Sure, they're nice and docile when you've got them by themselves. But let them gather in groups, and the next thing you know, Pearl Harbor is being bombed!
You do realize that there are different kinds of Asians, right?

Jews and Hitler are both considered white. I don’t think I need to go into the differences there, do I?

Old 06-25-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
To bad there isn't a better way to screen out racist police officers.
Treat cops like sheeit and they will all be racist.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:33 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
You do realize that there are different kinds of Asians, right?

Jews and Hitler are both considered white. I don’t think I need to go into the differences there, do I?
You do realize that the means that I'm teasing, right? And you do realize that I was responding, in jest, to your own sweeping generalizations about Asians, right?

Old 06-25-2020, 10:35 AM

424 posts, read 236,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You do realize that the means that I'm teasing, right? And you do realize that I was responding, in jest, to your own sweeping generalizations about Asians, right?
I didn’t initially interpret it that way. My apologies.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
My "little article"? This is a systemic problem. This happens time and time again in this country.
You said you were sure some department will hire him. Care to wager?

Old 06-25-2020, 10:39 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Treat cops like sheeit and they will all be racist.
I'm glad those now-former cops got fired. People with attitudes like that have no business being entrusted with the authority of a police officer. That said, I honestly have a hard time condemning them for their attitudes, given all the garbage that they have to put up with -- and given where a lot of that garbage comes from.

I really do hope that police departments have a mechanism for their officers to vent their frustrations in a safe manner, without jeopardizing their careers. No one should have to take the abuse that they do and be expected to just hold it in.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpowering1 View Post
this is one of the reasons we need reform to happen. The good news is they canned him, but without reform, he's likely to be hired by some racist somewhere.
bs.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:43 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
I have a relative who has been interned during ww2, she did not look like a traditional Japanese because she was mixed. She was interned simply because she lived in west coast at the time, and she had a wrong last name.

A friend of mine had a grandpa lived in Hawaii, he said many Chinese worn a sign around the neck says "I am not a J*p" in order to avoid being harassed, attacked, or killed. People just wanted to survive.

I have both Japanese and German blood in me. At the very beginning of the pandemic, I have a Korean friend who said he would have to wear a sign says "I am not a china man" in order to avoid discrimination. It is a sad joke, but, I don't think this is a good solution.

Discrimination is wrong, period. It is wrong because it is UNFAIR, period.

In order to achieve true equality, then you would have to have one rule for all, or no rule at all. Treat each one as an individual. Yeah, I know, easier said than done.

It is wrong to discriminate against a certain group of people based on their skin color; It is also wrong to discriminate against a group of people based on the uniform they wear. Play fair, people. You just don't know when it is your turn to be unfairly treated, It is better to start treating others with respect, human decency, and most of all, treat others as individuals.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Bad cops, like bad priests, are just shuffled around. He'll get a job on some other force.
More juvenile nonsense. He’s done with any police related work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies