Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 03:06 PM

76,946 posts, read 47,255,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Hispanics will be the largest population group in Texas by mid-2021
Ok.......Maybe that would justify Abott adding "Spanish as 2nd language" to Texas schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 03:14 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,689,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Most Texan Hispanics I have known have been VERY conservative and religious, a little too much for my tastes. They are like the Hispanic catholic version of white Southern Baptists.
Not quite.

I think youll find a lot of these next door in Louisiana.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:16 PM

62,481 posts, read 28,711,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
2030 through 2050 America will become a majority black/brown country. There are a large number of whites who are deathly afraid of this which is one reason why a racist like Trump was elected.

Imagine what will happen when the local police force is mostly blacks enforcing the law on all people especially whites. I wonder if they will treat white people with the same respect that current law enforcement treats blacks. Maybe there really is something to worry about.
We have no problem with changing demographics that is natural and lawful. Nothing natural or lawful about changing demographics due to illegal immigration. Also, Ted Kennedy said when he opened the floodgates back in 1965 that it would not alter the demographics of our country. Simply put......he lied! Blacks will never share a majority in this country as they never have so I don't know why you are even bringing them up. It is Latinos that are taking over this country. How is that diversity? I just don't want to see our identifying culture diluted or replaced. What's wrong with being a diversified country in skin color which includes whites also equally?

How is Trump racist? I get so sick of that lie!

Old 06-26-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
It’s like that in Eastern Washington too, only they are part of the Spanish Assembly of God. The people of that particular church lean Republican in general. I hate the stereotype that just because you are Hispanic means you will vote Democrat. I feel like Hispanics “assimilate” after one or two generations and become very Americanized. My mom and her siblings are second generation Mexican-Americans and don’t speak a lick of Spanish (except for her oldest brother) and culturally are very “white.” And they don’t vote Democrat.
Have you read the stats on the percentage of Hispanics who vote Democrat vs those who vote Republican? They overwhelmingly vote for the former so how is that stereotyping it's just the facts.

You can feel however you wish but I live in the thick of it here in So. Calif. and many of them don't assimilate especially to the English language. Their culture is not non-Hispanic white either. They practice their native culture.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:07 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,801,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Have you read the stats on the percentage of Hispanics who vote Democrat vs those who vote Republican? They overwhelmingly vote for the former so how is that stereotyping it's just the facts.

You can feel however you wish but I live in the thick of it here in So. Calif. and many of them don't assimilate especially to the English language. Their culture is not non-Hispanic white either. They practice their native culture.
The number is only high because a lot of Hispanics live in larger cities like NYC and LA so it skews the percentage up. Trump had a higher percentage of Hispanics vote for him compared to Romney and McCain. The ones in California who haven’t assimilated yet are likely first generation immigrants.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:10 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,801,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Lol I’m not going to use Vox as a source. But since we are ripping him for something that happened almost 50 years ago, then you would hate to hear Biden’s record for back then. Calling for the death penalty doesn’t make you racist. Biden has said more cringeworthy things than Trump.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:14 PM

8,280 posts, read 2,896,395 times
Blame the Immigration Act of '65 and that liar Kennedy.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:19 PM

18,931 posts, read 43,281,826 times
Quote:
The number is only high because a lot of Hispanics live in larger cities like NYC and LA so it skews the percentage up. Trump had a higher percentage of Hispanics vote for him compared to Romney and McCain. The ones in California who haven’t assimilated yet are likely first generation immigrants.
True. Texas has a lot of rural Hispanics compared to California. I have met more than a few redneck Hispanics.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:49 PM

15,640 posts, read 6,360,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TownDweller View Post
Turn Texas blue and it will be all over for the Repugnicans nationally. Sniff sniff
Actually, Catholics as a group have a tendency toward conservative values. Why do you think the majority of the SCOTUS is Catholic? Don't count on Hispanic Catholics to keep voting Democrat on into the future. At some point that will come back to bite the party that fed them.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter where they live. Overall, Hispanics vote mostly Democrat. Do you actually need a link to prove it? The only exception would be the Cubans in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies