Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 10:32 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,428,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I know, I know: The intolerance of the tolerant. One of the many contradictions that drive intelligent people away...
Let me challenge your statement. I came from San Francisco, which as everyone knows is quite tolerant. Nonetheless, I have certain standards and expect them to be upheld.

That includes backing up statements in a logical and impersonal manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 05:54 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,711,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Here’s one you may have missed….BUSH cancels the Kyoto Protocol, claiming there’s no such thing as global warming — PUTTING THE ENTIRE PLANET IN JEPARDY!

You are sooooo gone....There is no proof of that....Stop lying........

Carrie

Old 05-04-2008, 06:39 AM

166 posts, read 138,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Maybe I can help...

ORB - Opinion Business Research - Newsroom (http://www.opinion.co.uk/Newsroom_details.aspx?NewsId=78 - broken link)

How's that NASCAR, btw?

That's a POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is not fact to it whatsoever. Not only is it a poll, but then the left wing wacko site creates a number out of the clear blue sky. Come on...........you can't actually believe that.

It is completely laughable. But then again, as a moderate myself, I see how right wing extremists stick to their guns and are very stubborn and left wing extremists are full of hate for everything and have very clouded judgement.

I am against the war, always have been, but I am not some left wing angry hater. I just realize that we should never try to occupy a country full of people that are extremists, that have no regard for life. They do not fight in a conventional manor. The will kill their own women and children by strapping bombs to their chest and blowing up other innocent people. In an area like that, we are much better served to do strategic strikes in key areas.

Go Barack Obama!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 06:54 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,940,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1NascarFan View Post
That's a POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is not fact to it whatsoever. Not only is it a poll, but then the left wing wacko site creates a number out of the clear blue sky. Come on...........you can't actually believe that.

It is completely laughable. But then again, as a moderate myself, I see how right wing extremists stick to their guns and are very stubborn and left wing extremists are full of hate for everything and have very clouded judgement.

I am against the war, always have been, but I am not some left wing angry hater. I just realize that we should never try to occupy a country full of people that are extremists, that have no regard for life. They do not fight in a conventional manor. The will kill their own women and children by strapping bombs to their chest and blowing up other innocent people. In an area like that, we are much better served to do strategic strikes in key areas.

Go Barack Obama!!!!!!!!!
'cause from the reviews:

The Conservative Party

“The team at ORB provided me as General Election Campaign Director with timely and rapidly reported analysed research findings – both qualitative and quantitative – to ensure that our campaign was always in touch with the concerns of voters. They were flexible and creative and provided a good, personal service. Timely and accurate information is critical for campaign decision making and ORB delivered it on a daily basis.”
Lynton Crosby , 2005 General Election Campaign Director, The Conservative Party

That left winged conservative party wacko!

'cause up is down and blue is red, dont'cha know?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:57 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,769,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I think you're wrong. He's spread the dollar so thin, that in order to make the welfare net continue to work, we're going to have be taxed beyond belief. The American people are going to choose to end entitlements instead.

Further, Clinton's economics would of put the government in position to start buying income generating assets (fascism) by about 2012. Bush made sure that isn't going to be happening again anytime soon.
Good point! Devastate the economy to "make" American's cut the dependence on entitlements. Like American's dependence on foreign oil, no good can come to dependence on anything except yourself. Clinton did start the road to communism (although it was a very sneaky one), Bush made tons of mistakes that cannot simply be forgotten.... Patriot Act, etc. etc. I think there are easier ways to take fascism off the roadmap than by destroying the free market and putting up other government departments..

Old 05-04-2008, 09:51 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,404,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Good point! Devastate the economy to "make" American's cut the dependence on entitlements. Like American's dependence on foreign oil, no good can come to dependence on anything except yourself. Clinton did start the road to communism (although it was a very sneaky one), Bush made tons of mistakes that cannot simply be forgotten.... Patriot Act, etc. etc. I think there are easier ways to take fascism off the roadmap than by destroying the free market and putting up other government departments..
Easier, but not possible. Everyone who's over 40 claims "I paid into it." They want to ride us into retirement and they'll not let SS be eliminated.

They're the ones who are going to pay for enslaving us. It'll be hard on the young, but nothing like it should be for the older ones who are responsible for it.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:14 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,432,971 times
i think bushs greatest accomplishment was being able to lie so much and get away with it.

YouTube - Bush Administration Caught Contradicting Itself 6 Times

Old 05-04-2008, 11:42 AM

994 posts, read 1,541,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
You are sooooo gone....There is no proof of that....Stop lying........

Carrie
So you think that canceling the Kyoto Protcol was a wise move? Do you disagree with the vast majority of scientists who say that greenhouse gases are harming the planet?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:53 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,428,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1NascarFan View Post

Go Barack Obama!!!!!!!!!
No, a poll is where you ask people for their opinions on an issue in the sense that you are using the word. One must have a sample size of at least 100 and randomly chosen people in order to put any credence into it.

This "poll" asked Iraqis how many people they had lost in their family. Clearly NOT a subjective question.

Quote:
QHow many members of your household, if any, have died as a result of the conflict in Iraq since 2003 (ie as a result of violence rather than a natural death such as old age)? Please note that I mean those who were actually living under your roof.

None 78%
One 16%
Two 5%
Three 1%
Four or more 0.002%

Given that from the 2005 census there are a total of 4,050,597 households this data suggests a total of 1,220,580 deaths since the invasion in 2003. Calculating the affect from the margin of error we believe that the range is a minimum of 733,158 to a maximum of 1,446,063
This is an actual study, if you will, as to what the real numbers might be. The US does not track Iraqi deaths, so it is left to statisticians to come up with the answers.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:14 PM

166 posts, read 138,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
i think bushs greatest accomplishment was being able to lie so much and get away with it.

YouTube - Bush Administration Caught Contradicting Itself 6 Times

Hey, Hillary is continuing the effort. How about the doosies she is pumping out this year.

Oh, I gotta duck now.....sniper fire.......HA HA HA HA HA HA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies