Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 10:25 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryclaire View Post
Please post a link to this accusation...
Write back if you want anymore - - I have thousands.

https://www.courant.com/news/connect...tli-story.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/30/us/al...ook/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_...iracy_theories

https://nbcmontana.com/news/nation-w...gainst-hoaxers

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...ts-ask-n892926

And looky here - - the same deplorables are doing the same with George Floyd.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/bo...-george-floyd/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 10:37 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Don't be an idiot.

Wear a mask so we can stop this virus.

It's really, really simple.
No mask is going to “stop” this virus.

My sister (an ER nurse) with all her protection (surgical mask over n95, face shield, gloves, etc) got tested positive yesterday for SARS-CoV-2. She thought she was well protected and followed all protocols. Still got it.

But go ahead, your bandanna should keep you safe. STOPPING the virus.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
No mask is going to “stop” this virus.

My sister (an ER nurse) with all her protection (surgical mask over n95, face shield, gloves, etc) got tested positive yesterday for SARS-CoV-2. She thought she was well protected and followed all protocols. Still got it.

But go ahead, your bandanna should keep you safe. STOPPING the virus.
It reduces the chances you or other people get it. It's not a magic elixir.

It's common sense. Which is why Republicans don't get it.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:43 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
It reduces the chances you or other people get it. It's not a magic elixir.

It's common sense. Which is why Republicans don't get it.
Condoms reduces the chance of getting HIV, but it’s still infecting people by the millions every year.

Mandatory mask wearing is simply unenforceable. It’s common sense if you understand human behavior and basic knowledge of highly infectious diseases.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:55 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
AND the idiots frothing over this would be the first to squeal if they were going under the knife and their surgeon wasn't wearing a mask.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Condoms reduces the chance of getting HIV, but it’s still infecting people by the millions every year.

Mandatory mask wearing is simply unenforceable. It’s common sense if you understand human behavior and basic knowledge of highly infectious diseases.
Certainly if people don't follow the science, it's still going to cause problems. I guess it depends as to which humans you are congregating with. Where I live, I have seen two people in three months try to enter a store without a mask and get turned back. I haven't seen anybody in the stores without masks. And San Diego's positive rate is 2-4% per day, not Florida's 17.4%

Old 06-27-2020, 04:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Certainly if people don't follow the science, it's still going to cause problems. I guess it depends as to which humans you are congregating with. Where I live, I have seen two people in three months try to enter a store without a mask and get turned back. I haven't seen anybody in the stores without masks. And San Diego's positive rate is 2-4% per day, not Florida's 17.4%
Well where I live maybe 20 percent at best wear them. We are all still alive. I guess the Wuhan virus is more dangerous in California.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Well where I live maybe 20 percent at best wear them. We are all still alive. I guess the Wuhan virus is more dangerous in California.
You aren't all alive - - and you haven't been magically protected by it.

Cases per 100K
-------------------
Louisiana 1178
Maryland 1099
Mississippi 858
Virginia 718
Alabama 716
Georgia 706
Arkansas 621
South Carolina 620
Florida 617
Tennessee 588
North Carolina 580
California 524
Kentucky 333

So unless your home "below the Mason/Dixon line" is Kentucky, your state has more cases than California does.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...aps-and-cases/

Old 06-27-2020, 04:45 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yet hospital workers are wearing them for 12-18 hrs at a stretch, consistently, with no issues.

That's weird...

Nah, just a case of truth vs. nonsense.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:52 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Or any other highly populated area. Here in Calif. we are mandated to wear them in a public building. IMO, this whole thing is still overblown. I live in a community with a private pool. It's been shut down twice now and for what? I have never seen more than 4 people in it at a time and they do stay far apart. From what I have read the chlorine and other chemicals kills the virus. Our weather is in the 90's this week but we can't use the pool. Ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies