Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 09:49 AM

7,558 posts, read 3,230,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I can't bring myself to watch it. Please someone rational give me the summary.
"The only thing worse than a white man is an Orange Man".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 11:16 AM

8,265 posts, read 2,886,636 times
2 stooges. Both hypocrite liars.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:32 AM

12,682 posts, read 6,675,281 times
When will everyone realize that there is no amount of apologizing, bowing, feet washing, self-deprecation, public humiliation, etc. that will ever be enough?

If you agree to be slowly tortured to death for your unforgivable crime of being born white, at least you won't be alive to hear the BLM faithful scream, "Not good enough!!!" at your dead corpse.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:46 AM

18,422 posts, read 9,039,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
When will everyone realize that there is no amount of apologizing, bowing, feet washing, self-deprecation, public humiliation, etc. that will ever be enough.

If you agree to be slowly tortured to death for your unforgivable crime of being born white, at least you won't be alive to hear the BLM faithful scream, "Not good enough!!!" at your dead corpse.
I don’t feel responsible for slavery or racism, but I do acknowledge their historical existence. What’s disturbing is a certain denialism about those issues, at least in some people.

In the context of the Civil War, there is still a lot denialism about slavery being the primary cause. While no one living in 2020 is responsible for slavery, we still have people who defend monuments honoring people who fought to defend it.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:51 AM

7,044 posts, read 8,856,150 times
Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute.

History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

- George Orwell

Old 06-26-2020, 11:52 AM

34,106 posts, read 18,343,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I don’t feel responsible for slavery or racism, but I do acknowledge their historical existence. What’s disturbing is a certain denialism about those issues, at least in some people.

In the context of the Civil War, there is still a lot denialism about slavery being the primary cause. While no one living in 2020 is responsible for slavery, we still have people who defend monuments honoring people who fought to defend it.
We are in an era of obsession about slavery and racism against Blacks. it is destroying our society. It is like continuing to pick at a scab long healed to continue to feel the pain. it is counterproductive and useless to dwell on it and the Media and Democrats (same thing) are purposely trying to create chaos.

Historical statues can not hurt you. People need to grow the eff up. We have become a bunch of entitled, whiny babies looking to be offended at every turn.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:54 AM
bu2

23,843 posts, read 14,619,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
I'm ok with confederate monuments being relocated to museums or auctioned off to the highest bidder. Bringing african slaves to America was probably the worst thing to ever happen to this country. We'd be far better off today if slaves had not been brought here. Taking down Lincoln, Washington, and Roosevelt statues is ridiculous, and should be a felony.
Its hilarious. The Lincoln statue was paid for by freed slaves. Frederick Douglas spoke at the grand unveiling.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:01 PM
bu2

23,843 posts, read 14,619,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Then you add to that the majority(not all) of Confederate statues were erected in the '20s or '50s and the motivation seems pretty clear.
No it doesn't.

Texas ignored the Alamo for 75 years. San Jacinto was ignored for 50 years. World War II memorial was built 59 years after the war ended. That is the pattern for all major war memorials. There was a vast surge of interest in the Civil War as the centennial approached.

People and the media take facts without any context.

Yes, there definitely were some of these statues to emphasize white supremacy and keep Blacks in their place. Hard to justify Jeff Davis any other way. Hard to justify any other way that statue in New Orleans recognizing the battle of Liberty Place. But most of the others were to recognize the sacrifices of grandfathers and fathers and uncles.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We are in an era of obsession about slavery and racism against Blacks. it is destroying our society. It is like continuing to pick at a scab long healed to continue to feel the pain. it is counterproductive and useless to dwell on it and the Media and Democrats (same thing) are purposely trying to create chaos.

Historical statues can not hurt you. People need to grow the eff up. We have become a bunch of entitled, whiny babies looking to be offended at every turn.
There are SO MANY things in our world today, that have their roots in racism though...that is a BIG PROBLEM!

Old 06-26-2020, 12:08 PM

15,582 posts, read 7,460,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

Abortion --- government don't tell me how to live my life and/or the choices I must make, I'll decide for myself what is right or wrong.

Slavery --- government don't tell me how to live my life and/or the choices I must make, I'll decide for myself what is right or wrong

Denial? There are two sides, to every story. People choose the one they like best.

Slavery still exist today with 21 million people around the world held as slaves and 58,000 in the u.s. If it (history) was about slavery --- this would not be going on today without a lot of push back from the government and its people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies