Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 09:15 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He's right, many of these red states ignored the CDC and even their own health experts in order to support Trump, Texas and Florida are perfect examples. Placing politics ahead of the welfare of their citizens, thanks to them the US is setting records well above a month ago.
I live in the Poconos, PA. In the beginning Governor Wolf got together with the Democratic Governors of NY, NJ, and Ct. to plan re-opening in phases. Our County stayed in Red Phase while other Counties were going to Yellow, and Green Phases. We went to Yellow 3 weeks ago, and Green last week.

Two weeks ago the CDC cited PA, Hawaii, and Montana as having the lowest number of new cases in the previous week. Want to know what happened? The following week we had the HIGHEST number of cases reported since the beginning of April. Re-opened counties was wrong? Did the same plan that NY had.

Mass testing accounted for so many new cases? Only mass testing I heard of was in nursing homes and jails. That population is spreading the virus by not wearings masks/social distancing out in public?????

While also all this mask wearing/social distancing out in public might (?) be enforced, it cannot be done in the privacy of peoples homes or backyards. It is Summer now. Non-household family members and friends are getting together for BBQ's, parties, etc.

It is not about what GOVERNORS do, but about what the PEOPLE themselves do especially in their own private lives. BTW, when Cuomo, along with NJ, and CT., issued that statement about quarantine visitors from the South and California, PA Governor did not stand with those states. Maybe because his state will be next on the list?

Do you need fly on a plane, as in from CA or TX, to go from LI to the Poconos or visa versa? Can drive that distance back and forth in one day. Quarantine for 14 days? lol

Old 06-26-2020, 12:54 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Default New York Gov. Cuomo to other states: 'You played politics with this virus and you lost'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He's right, many of these red states ignored the CDC and even their own health experts in order to support Trump, Texas and Florida are perfect examples. Placing politics ahead of the welfare of their citizens, thanks to them the US is setting records well above a month ago.

States and territories Reported deaths
New York 32,109
New Jersey 14,872
Massachusetts 7,963
Illinois 6,810
Pennsylvania 6,605
Michigan 6,133
California 5,804
Connecticut 4,298
Florida 3,366
Louisiana 3,164

The top 10 ^^^^. I have been sick many times, in my 68 years, so I think deaths are more significant. I live in Florida, the 6 bottom states have less deaths than New York. Our death rate is 11 times less than New York. Numbers don't lie, rhetoric can. I am a baseball coach, statistics are important, feelings, not so much. You can take Cuomo, I'll take DeSantis .

Old 06-26-2020, 12:56 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,707 times
Cuomo, of all people, accusing other states of playing games about this virus.

Liberal hypocrisy never surprises me.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:57 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/06/25/...-you-lost.html

Coming from someone with more deaths in nursing homes alone than some states have as a wholE

Also, isn’t telling the contact Tracers not to ask people if they attended a protest playing politics?

https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-...mpression=true
He wasn't playing fast and loose with this deadly virus. Now NY is in a much better place. Unlike some states, trying to ignore guidelines to wear masks and socially distance and reopening like nothing threatening is out there. Now those same states are having to close up some businesses. Again. Shows they don't know what the hell they're doing.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
He wasn't playing fast and loose with this deadly virus. Now NY is in a much better place. Unlike some states, trying to ignore guidelines to wear masks and socially distance and reopening like nothing threatening is out there. Now those same states are having to close up some businesses. Again. Shows they don't know what the hell they're doing.
NY represents most of the deaths into country

Man of the deaths came from nursing homes

Now Cuomo and De Blasio are encouraging mass protests with thousands of people

Tell me how they are the masters at this

Old 06-26-2020, 02:34 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
States and territories Reported deaths
New York 32,109
New Jersey 14,872
Massachusetts 7,963
Illinois 6,810
Pennsylvania 6,605
Michigan 6,133
California 5,804
Connecticut 4,298
Florida 3,366
Louisiana 3,164

The top 10 ^^^^. I have been sick many times, in my 68 years, so I think deaths are more significant. I live in Florida, the 6 bottom states have less deaths than New York. Our death rate is 11 times less than New York. Numbers don't lie, rhetoric can. I am a baseball coach, statistics are important, feelings, not so much. You can take Cuomo, I'll take DeSantis .
Florida and Texas had the benefit of time among other factors, NY, NJ did not. If NY had the benefit of 2 months time it would have been better prepared.

Florida opened up bars and restaurants, salons, gyms without having this virus fully controlled is it any surprise that FL had 9,000 new infections today.

If you like statistics then use them all, not just the death rate. Too early to judge the outcome in Fl with the current surge and a very elderly population.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:48 PM

94 posts, read 38,249 times
Cuomo is awful. I don't get how you can give him any praise (when he didn't do anything) here in NY besides be late or non-committal on every decision. And those decisions he did make, were way off and wrong and cost thousands of lives. So in your head, his decisions were excellent where thousands needlessly died and you are saying great job!, but dumping on DeSantis and Florida due to lower death-rates? What kind of thinking is this?

Old 06-26-2020, 03:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
New York Gov. Cuomo to other states: 'You played politics with this virus and you lost'

The grim Reaper speaks !!! Look over there >>>>>>>

Old 06-26-2020, 03:07 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
New York Gov. Cuomo to other states: 'You played politics with this virus and you lost'
He is right. He took it seriously and did the best he could, while others mocked him, and now the mockers are neck deep in viruses because they did not take it seriously.

All you can ask from people is to do their best, and now the red States Governors are in the hot seat, and I hope they stop pretending its not happening and take action. It seems FL and TX Governors have come to their senses, while Trump is still in denial and talking about shutting down testing.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:17 PM

94 posts, read 38,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is right. He took it seriously and did the best he could, while others mocked him, and now the mockers are neck deep in viruses because they did not take it seriously.

All you can ask from people is to do their best, and now the red States Governors are in the hot seat, and I hope they stop pretending its not happening and take action. It seems FL and TX Governors have come to their senses, while Trump is still in denial and talking about shutting down testing.
He didn't do anything here. Can you state what he did as best as he could? I ask because I live here and can't think of anything he actually did besides sign executive orders and beg everything from the feds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies