Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 07:39 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
The by line says "The Editorial Board." Abridged highlights:

"This comes with ill-grace from the man whose state still has by far the most virus infections and deaths....

Mr. Cuomo is responsible for the single worst public-policy mistake of this pandemic: His administration’s order requiring nursing homes to accept Covid-19 patients from hospitals. That bad judgment let the virus rampage through institutions with the most vulnerable populations. Florida has some 4,000 homes for assisted senior living but locked down those facilities and it tests every worker at those institutions every two weeks.

None of the new state flare-ups come close to the severity of New York’s. New York state’s average positivity test rate exceeded 30% in late March and peaked above 50% in early April. Deaths are a lagging indicator, but New York had more than 900 fatalities a day at the peak. That’s more than as many daily deaths as there are in the entire U.S., with the exception of Friday when New Jersey reclassified some 1,854 deaths as probable from the virus...."
I won't argue, he did make mistakes but too but at a time that hospitals were overflowing beyond capacity and the standard practice is to get them into Skilled Nursing Care what would you have done? After the fact the fallacy of this decision was devastating but what was the option?

The testing that is spoken of now didn't exist in large numbers and that is the fault of the Federal Government who left each state to their own devices to create/produce and process a test. Now the process is in place back then it wasn't.

You should be asking why is the disease spiking at rates that were previously unseen? For everything NY and the others had to go through in the earlier months these outbreaks should be better handled and controlled. You and others keep talking about the death rate be grateful that maybe something was learned and the new procedures are helping to keep this number down.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
I don't know who the bigger d-bag is - this guy or his brother.

He's a complete idiot. He should run for President!

Old 06-27-2020, 07:59 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I won't argue, he did make mistakes but too but at a time that hospitals were overflowing beyond capacity and the standard practice is to get them into Skilled Nursing Care what would you have done? After the fact the fallacy of this decision was devastating but what was the option?

The testing that is spoken of now didn't exist in large numbers and that is the fault of the Federal Government who left each state to their own devices to create/produce and process a test. Now the process is in place back then it wasn't.

You should be asking why is the disease spiking at rates that were previously unseen? For everything NY and the others had to go through in the earlier months these outbreaks should be better handled and controlled. You and others keep talking about the death rate be grateful that maybe something was learned and the new procedures are helping to keep this number down.
During the crisis, I extended Cuomo a lot of grace for his impossible task. He lost that grace when he started playing politics, while claiming that he wasn't.

What else could he have done with the nursing home patients? Kept them in the hospitals and figured out how to give them the care they need there. Transfer other non-elderly patients into the 2500 bed Javits center that was done by late March, to make room. Whatever 'red tape' that prevented people from being moved there---change that. He's the guy in charge. He killed my business with a swipe of his pen, so kill the red tape. There were options. But the one thing NOT to do was to bring Covid into a nursing home.

The disease is spiking because you can't keep people locked up for more than three/four months. You just can't. People will bust out in one way or another--especially young people. Protests, riots, parties, whatever. Red states blue states...doesn't matter. These people need to put on the damn masks. That's why it is spiking. Beyond that, it is spiking in places where many people live together. It spreads mostly through families indoors. So why states haven't activated hotels as places for sick people to self-isolate free of charge is beyond me.

Old 06-27-2020, 09:05 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Trump has blood on his hands for not wearing a mask himself...120k plus dead with rapidly rising numbers and no vaccine in sight...
I thought it was 120 million per Biden.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:13 AM

8,689 posts, read 11,076,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes

1) Stuffing infected people in nursing homes and then refusing to answer questions is playing politics.

2) Telling contact tracers not to ask if they attended liberal protests/riots is playing politics.

3) Letting people out of prison due to Covid and then refusing to answer questions about their crimes in the riots is playing politics.

4) Threatening to sue Rhode Island for wanting to quarantine New Yorkers for 14 days that entered the state and then now wanting to do the same policy to others is playing politics.

I agree.

Also, Cuomo didn't work with Bigbird Deblasio. Cuomo decided to shut down the public schools right after Deblasio said he wasn't. Cuomo decision was correct but it was just proof he rather play who wore the bigger pants politics.

I also didn't appreciate when Cuomo claims that NYS pays more in taxes to the federal than it gets back. NYS government doesn't pay taxes to the Federal government. Citizens pay the same federal tax if you live in NYS or Idaho. NYS pays one of the highest state income taxes, sales tax, property taxes, commercial rent tax, etc. Politicians of NYS including Cuomo & DeBlasio should be ashamed how they mismanage billions of NY tax payer money.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:14 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times
Righhtt... Cause NY did so well

Old 06-27-2020, 11:45 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He's right, many of these red states ignored the CDC and even their own health experts in order to support Trump, Texas and Florida are perfect examples. Placing politics ahead of the welfare of their citizens, thanks to them the US is setting records well above a month ago.

Actually, the US Covid-19 death rate is way down...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/atta...1&d=1593279823
Attached Thumbnails
New York Gov. Cuomo to other states: 'You played politics with this virus and you lost'-daily-deaths-covid-19.png  

Old 06-27-2020, 11:58 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
During the crisis, I extended Cuomo a lot of grace for his impossible task. He lost that grace when he started playing politics, while claiming that he wasn't.

What else could he have done with the nursing home patients? Kept them in the hospitals and figured out how to give them the care they need there. Transfer other non-elderly patients into the 2500 bed Javits center that was done by late March, to make room. Whatever 'red tape' that prevented people from being moved there---change that. He's the guy in charge. He killed my business with a swipe of his pen, so kill the red tape. There were options. But the one thing NOT to do was to bring Covid into a nursing home.

The disease is spiking because you can't keep people locked up for more than three/four months. You just can't. People will bust out in one way or another--especially young people. Protests, riots, parties, whatever. Red states blue states...doesn't matter. These people need to put on the damn masks. That's why it is spiking. Beyond that, it is spiking in places where many people live together. It spreads mostly through families indoors. So why states haven't activated hotels as places for sick people to self-isolate free of charge is beyond me.
Again after the fact knowing what we know things could have been done differently and its obvious you have 1st hand experience with the effects on business so I won't dispute that.

But for the last paragraph yes its spiking and I agree with you about the masks but watching the Corona Task Force Briefing on the news you have Dr Fauci saying it is a personal & societal responsibility to wear a mask out in public. Then you have the Vice President responding to the question "why the Trump-Pence 2020 campaign is holding rallies despite federal guidance to avoid large gatherings." He responds with "Well, the freedom of speech, the right to peaceably assemble is enshrined in the constitution of the United states,".

So to sum it up the need to stroke fearless leaders ego is more important than public health, as throughout this pandemic the problems start at the top with no leadership or examples for people to go by. Then you have a Task Force leader who is as dumb as a horses a** saying what he did above and we will be dealing with this for some time to come.

Good idea with the hotels, who's paying? Remember if we weren't testing so much the numbers wouldn't keep going up.....

Old 06-27-2020, 12:33 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Cuomo - Murderer!!!! Who in their right mind - would listen to this Moronic Ass..

Old 06-27-2020, 12:36 PM

94 posts, read 38,249 times
So many Cuomo apologists with their diluted responses. You would have thought he actually saved 25k lives by the amazing praise he gets on here, when he actually contributed to a lot of deaths due to ridiculous policies. I’ve asked this question many times over, and have yet to hear a response on what he actually has done to deserve such praise. People can’t name a single thing he has done. Instead of blaming others for his ineptness, he should take responsibility for not being pre-pared at all, while telling us in March how we were “well prepared”. Also, people need to focus on the real villains here, and its China. They were the ones who screwed the entire world, yet all I read is how everything is the president’s fault? It’s really mind-boggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies