Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 08:15 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Must Love Cats View Post
1. Where were such concerns and remedies during our very deadly flu seasons?
I read several articles arguing that we should import the Asian practice before COVID became a thing.

Quote:
2. Why are you blowing exhaled air out the gaps of your barrier at the sides of your cheeks toward people next to you?
Because I know that doing something constructive - albeit not perfect - is much better than self-centered whining. And unlike Trump, I'm not worried about my bronzer rubbing off.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:17 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I've read several articles arguing that we should import the Asian practice before COVID became a thing.

Because I know that doing something constructive - albeit not perfect - is much better than self-centered whining. And unlike Trump, I'm not worried about my bronzer rubbing off.
Let’s go to the pool.

I’ll stand next to you and urinate.

My fabric trunks will stop the droplets, right?

Old 06-25-2020, 08:18 PM

Wait, did I start engaging a double-digit noob more or less seriously?

Old 06-25-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
My fabric trunks will stop the droplets, right?
Deliberate obtuseness or genuine stupidity?

Old 06-25-2020, 08:22 PM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
These Republicans/conservatives need to grow a pair. Really. All this tough guy 'Murica and guns crap and they're really a bunch of passive aggressive sissies. Liberal extremists are running amok and pretty much destroying the US from within and these morons just sit back and let them get away with it. Do something you jellyfish.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
For me it’s really not a fear/coward thing.

I was fine with the shut downs as it gave everyone (including experts) an opportunity to “pump the brakes” and attempt to take control of this out of the ordinary situation.
That doesn't address the masks.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:27 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Conservatives have the worse breath imaginable. Why do you think they keep saying that breathing in their own air will make them sick? Because it's true!! I absolutely would not wear a mask either.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:46 PM

445 posts, read 167,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I’m genuinely curious about the politicization of following public health guidance on wearing masks in public. How did we get to this point?

This question came to mind when a dear friend sent me this article for laughs: https://cbs12.com/news/local/throw-g...m-out-the-door

Alas, I was not laughing. I was sad. The woman in the second video was particularly concerned about the Devil, Bill Gates, Hillary Clinton. Soon after, I imagined some of the posts here in these women’s voices and it was absolutely frightening how plausible it is that they might be contributing to this forum based on the content of some of these posts.

How did a simple mask become so controversial for conservatives?
People like you are making it a political issue.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:57 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I can hear it now "blackout shades?? Come and make me!"

"Gas and sugar rationing?? Who is the government to dictate what I can buy? If I can pay for it I'll buy it if I please - the rest if the losers be damned!"

It's embarrassing.
Yelp. We are weak. At least the republicans are. Nsnowflakes as they would say.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:02 PM

366 posts, read 110,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I’m genuinely curious about the politicization of following public health guidance on wearing masks in public. How did we get to this point?

This question came to mind when a dear friend sent me this article for laughs: https://cbs12.com/news/local/throw-g...m-out-the-door

Alas, I was not laughing. I was sad. The woman in the second video was particularly concerned about the Devil, Bill Gates, Hillary Clinton. Soon after, I imagined some of the posts here in these women’s voices and it was absolutely frightening how plausible it is that they might be contributing to this forum based on the content of some of these posts.

How did a simple mask become so controversial for conservatives?
If the mask is so effective, why does it matter if i wear one? I'm not worried about Covid. If it's really that effective, you dont need to worry about me giving it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies