Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 03:50 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
All this Dixie, BLM, kowtowing, is getting really ridiculous.

What's next?

Going after one of the greatest bands for having a name they don't like and one of their most popular songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

I've learned to stop asking "what's next"?

Because the perpetualy offended left is growing more incrementally certifiable every day......

And they always have an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 03:59 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
I am shocked how some people still hold it against them what Natalie said almost 20 years ago. Admittedly, I don't think that it was wise considering how many of her fans were country music fans. Linda Ronstadt was saying similar things, but appeared unscathed because her fans were different. True story- my 8th grade History teacher (a die-hard Repub and proud Mex-American like myself) walked out of a LR concert in Las Vegas when Linda started bad-mouthing George W in her concert.

Country music fans can be a patriotic bunch.

What Natalie said in 2003 stuck in their memory pretty bad because as far as country fans go, there are some things that you just don't do as an American.

Natalie may as well have taken a dump on the flag on stage.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:02 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Country music fans can be a patriotic bunch.

What Natalie said in 2003 stuck in their memory pretty bad because as far as country fans go, there are some things that you just don't do as an American.

Natalie may as well have taken a dump on the flag on stage.
It turned out She was right.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:06 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
That's about as stupid as Joe Biden thinking he can be President.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:16 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
LOL, you know nothing about me. Assume what you want, but it matters little what you think offends me or what you think my political opinions are about anything. Dixie is a fine name, and I'm keeping it. Don't like it? put me on ignore.

You can't put me into any box, I'll tell you that much.
Lol, getting pretty defensive there, i didn't assume a thing about you...unlike what you did to me. Want to keep that name , good for you. I'm a not in support of all the stupidity of name changes, logo changes etc.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:58 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Except for those who want to keep the confederacy alive in their own small, narrow minds.
Why should we erase, ignore and forget past history? The Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, British, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, etc all had colonial pasts, and conquered and oppressed people. Many of them Brown. Do we erase and forget all of their past also?

Old 06-28-2020, 08:02 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Dixie is strongly associated with the secessionist states that fought to maintain slavery and later followed practices such as segregation and peonage. Ergo it's linked to cultural racism.
This is one of the reasons I'm okay with the Dixie Chicks changing their name.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:12 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Dixie is strongly associated with the secessionist states that fought to maintain slavery and later followed practices such as segregation and peonage. Ergo it's linked to cultural racism.
You consistently make yourself look irrelevant. If the Confederacy and Slavery still existed, you'd have a point. But since it ended 155 YEARS ago, and we've also put in place laws and policy to address all past wrongs, your statement is ridiculous and purely meant to give you some type of weird personal satisfaction to make you feel better about yourself. Stop feeling so guilty. I don't think you're as racist as you think.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:14 AM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Small snakes and mice too.
Popcorn, corn on the cob and a millipede. My chicken. Houseflies.

I don't care what some band does. But it does lead one on imagining what else. Let's see...

George Strait because you know, straight

Shania Twain...Mark Twain

Dwight Yokim...Dwight Eisenhower.....

Old 06-28-2020, 08:21 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,783,666 times
I didn't know they were still around and an surprised anyone cares.

I heard their new band name is "The Karen's " Seems about right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies