Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 10:58 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times

Advertisements

So Hawaiian shirts are the new MAGA hats, and when you call the police to make a report they tell you the can’t take the report because they’re too busy getting ready for a protest? Haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 11:01 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
But not funny if the lady is burned. You can’t fake that and who would set them selves on fire? If she is burned some one did it or she is truly twisted. Even suicidal people don’t use fire.
Or, she was involved in that riot around the capitol square that night and got hurt when she or someone near her did something stupid. The intersection where she claims this happened is like 3 blocks from the square.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:04 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Counting down the moments til this comes out as fake.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
So Hawaiian shirts are the new MAGA hats, and when you call the police to make a report they tell you the can’t take the report because they’re too busy getting ready for a protest? Haha.
I'm guessing they threw bleach on her and said, 'This is Kealakekua country!'

Old 06-27-2020, 11:30 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
FBI's already on this, and as we saw with the Bubba case, shouldn't take too long to see what they find out. I'd say within the next few days.

If this incident does turn out to be a hoax where the 'victim' was actually injured by someone engaging in property destruction (or she was somehow directly involved), expect the following:

- Mainstream media will slowly twist it so that she will still be the 'victim' and that the incident shouldn't detract from the real hate crimes Blacks experience

- She will cry crocodile tears on national media blaming her lapse of judgement on stress and the overall racist environment highlighted by the Floyd incident

Do be aware that she could actually have been telling the truth. But that doesn't detract the fact that many of us have been burned by fake hate crimes and we will not apologize for having doubts. However, her behavior is what strikes my hoax radar the most.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:31 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
FBI's already on this, and as we saw with the Bubba case, shouldn't take too long to see what they find out. I'd say within the next few days.

If this incident does turn out to be a hoax where the 'victim' was actually injured by someone engaging in property destruction (or she was somehow directly involved), expect the following:

- Mainstream media will slowly twist it so that she will still be the 'victim' and that the incident shouldn't detract from the real hate crimes Blacks experience

- She will cry crocodile tears on national media blaming her lapse of judgement on stress and the overall racist environment highlighted by the Floyd incident

Do be aware that she could actually have been telling the truth. But that doesn't detract the fact that many of us have been burned by fake hate crimes and we will not apologize for having doubts. However, her behavior is what strikes my hoax radar the most.
You left out appearances on GMA and the View!

Old 06-27-2020, 11:35 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Oh absolutely to your two points. I just read a story about the "hanging victims" in CA, where several black people are quoted as saying something like, "even if it's suicide it's a homicide" because of what blacks have been going through lately. Yes, white people and police are at fault for a black man's choice to kill himself.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:40 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
Oh absolutely to your two points. I just read a story about the "hanging victims" in CA, where several black people are quoted as saying something like, "even if it's suicide it's a homicide" because of what blacks have been going through lately. Yes, white people and police are at fault for a black man's choice to kill himself.
Yep and "even if it is a killing in self defense it is murder". "He didn't have to murder his attacker". And the prosecutor's office obliges and prosecutes for self defense.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:41 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
When the tree wouldn't support a person's weight it seems somewhat suspicious, as I heard in one of the cases. But I agree these should all be investigated. A lot of these cases just seem to be ruled suicides immediately.

We had a case near me where a Black man was found hanging on a middle school campus. The family says he left a note at their home though.

https://patch.com/new-york/huntingto...tington-police

Old 06-27-2020, 12:01 PM

4,056 posts, read 2,132,994 times
Like all of us here, I have no way of knowing if it happened or not. But what seems very strange is her interview: "I’m very, very hopeful these men sort of see all the responses and they know that they hurt me,” she continued. “This is something that’s going to affect me for a while and I really hope that they choose to improve themselves.” ??????? Especially at 18, you have this type of measured, calm response where your biggest concern is your hope to improve themselves? Wouldn't a more typical response be that you are scared about your current and future concerns about health and appearance? That you are in agony from the pain? And mostly, that you want justice done? Notice that she doesn't talk about her hope that they are caught---just that they realize that they hurt her and "improve themselves." If they get caught, does she not want them to serve time? Would just reading a self-improvement book or attending a group about racism be sufficient for their rehabilitation? And as for them realizing that they hurt her, wasn't that their intent? It wouldn't be just a prank to scare---it was deliberate actions to harm her, with both the flammable liquid and then the tossed lighter. She is framing this as a teachable moment for them, but if they engaged in criminal action, shouldn't they face criminal consequences? This would call for me than a few rounds of kumbaya or "Imagine."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies