Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 03:21 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Trump wants SCOTUS to strike down Obamacare...
Deflection away from the fact that everything is crumpling down around him. How can this be his priority at a time like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 03:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Deflection away from the fact that everything is crumpling down around him. How can this be his priority at a time like this?
Some people just want to watch the world burn. Trump is obviously one of them.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:25 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
The GOP had a friggin' DECADE to come up with a better plan than Obamacare. They whined and b*tched about it so much, yet they have come up with squat, and that's even when they controlled the majority of the government at one point. Absolutely pathetic and pure incompetency by the GOP. Now Trump wants to cancel millions of peoples' health insurance and the ability of millions of people to get future health insurance as they lose their healthcare due to COVID related job loss. And he wants to bring back the horrific nightmare we all had back in the 90s and 00s when healthcare companies could discriminate based on pre-existing conditions. Sure, let us all go back to the day of when insurance companies refused to pay for ambulance rides because they would claim people who were injured had 'pre-existing conditions'. God, the US sucks so bad sometimes that it is infuriating.
Hard to believe anyone is backing this monumentally stupid and cruel lawsuit.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:25 PM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,693 times
Where's that big, beautiful healthcare he promised for us on day one to replace Obamacare? And coverage for everyone is "​just human decency," right? "We're going to have insurance for everybody. There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us." Oldies but goodies.

"I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid. Huckabee copied me." Yeah Donald, right.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:28 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Some people just want to watch the world burn. Trump is obviously one of them.
Nero fiddled while Rome burned.......

And then what did Nero do? He blamed others, - Christians and fed them to the lions. When this is all said and done, I can guarantee Trump will blame everyone but himself.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-26-2020 at 03:37 PM..

Old 06-26-2020, 03:31 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
I'm betting the Donald don't care one way the other.

I bet it's the Republicans and their insurance company backers.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:32 PM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Rallies are his #1 priority right now. Well, that and golfing. Forget about healthcare for the everyday citizens. They don't need it.

"​I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. ​The government's gonna pay for it."

Trump is reneging on his empty campaign promises again. Gosh, whoever saw that coming?

Old 06-26-2020, 03:33 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,801,787 times
The cruelty is the point.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:59 PM

25,672 posts, read 12,765,268 times
I hope Trump succeeds.

According to recent trends, there are likely more people w/o healthcare insurance right now than before ACA was enacted.

So much for EVERYONE being covered....strike 1

Very few got to keep their Doctors, and keep their insurance...strike 2

NOBODY saved money, in fact most now pay ~2X what they paid before for less coverage...strike 3

As Obama walked back to the dugout after striking out, the bat boy handed Barry an envelope w/ $20M in it, so he could buy his home in lilly White Martha's Vinyard.

Obama sacrificed all of us so he could be safe at home. It's time to strike down the ACA. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say the federal government can make you buy anything. They can tax you, but not tell you what to buy.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:20 PM

18,036 posts, read 15,634,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

NOBODY saved money, in fact most now pay ~2X what they paid before for less coverage.
I did and am saving $$$ on the ACA compared to what I was paying before to be on the company's health plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies