Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 07:14 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
BLM is a large movement. Most in it simply want to bring awareness to existing race problems, a small fringe is radical and willing to use violence. An Irish analogy would be mainstream Nationalists vs IRA.
Large in terms of what? Even if you assume there are hundreds of thousands of BLM members, that is still a very small percent of the overall population of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 12:34 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
BLM chapter president saying that if we don’t give blacks what they demand that they will burn our entire country down, that’s not a boogie man. That’s a domestic terrorist threatening to destroy the United States, and his *** needs to be in jail.
Really
What , You're now scared of some marginalized people in America. Last I checked nobody from BLM has blown up any Federal buildings, with Living Americans inside working, and neither has Antfia.
BLM is not the Problem here, and you know it.
And for the record, I'm not a fan of BLM, but I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about their followers blowing up Federal buildings.

Last edited by hitman619; 06-28-2020 at 12:53 AM..

Old 06-28-2020, 01:31 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I'm over the stupid movement. It's a disgrace and I've gone from being very supportive of the original idea to realizing it's now a power grab and excuse to destroy things. Go away BLM, your nothing but money grabbing bullies. The country is NOT systemically racist and white supremacy isn't holding anyone back and no amount of temper tantrums and threats will convince me otherwise.

Old 06-28-2020, 02:51 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Really
What , You're now scared of some marginalized people in America. Last I checked nobody from BLM has blown up any Federal buildings, with Living Americans inside working, and neither has Antfia.
And for the record, I'm not a fan of BLM, but I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about their followers blowing up Federal buildings.
Not successfully yet, you mean?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9004131.html

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/an...-ice-facility/

Yes, we do have to worry about it, just like we have to worry about any group that says they are willing to get their message across by deadly means if they feel it is necessary. And it isn’t just Antifa, there have been recognized leaders of BLM that have now stated this, including one from one BLM’s bigger contingencies saying it overtly in the cold, non-emotionally charged atmosphere of a national new’s interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cla...&feature=share

Old 06-28-2020, 04:28 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Really
I’m not scared of them. But when the president of the NYC chapter of BLM threatens to burn the country down if whites don’t capitulate to their demands, he is a domestic terrorist and needs to be put in jail. Why are you leftists defending these violent, hateful people????

P.S. And you’ve moved the goalposts. Now you’re OK with massive, widespread violence and destruction as long as the BLM doesn’t burn down a federal building?

P.P.S. The bigger danger to this country is the people who defend and excuse them BLM violence and attempts to destroy the country, rather BLM itself.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:53 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
It seems that BLM is an updated version of the Black Panther Movement of the 1960's and 70's. Both were very radical leftist movements that embraced Marxism (Black Panthers were even known to quote from Chairman Mao's Little Red Book) and both divided Black Americans. Back in Nixon's day the Black Panthers led by individuals such as Angela Davis and other like radical groups were non-conformist who did not want to assimilate into White society while the NAACP supported conformity and assimilation. The extremist radicals used violence, terrorism, and other intimidation tactics to try fomenting revolution while the then less influential NAACP tried to stop the unrest and continue cooperating with Whites and others. That was the time when the term "Blaxploitation" came about and it was a time of serious introspection for Black Americans and where their place in American society was. From benign to menacing, the revolution was everywhere, looking Black, being Black, dressing in dashikis, wearing your hair in an afro, reading Nikki Giovanni's poetry, or watching films like "Shaft", "Foxy Brown" or "Hell Up in Harlem" that depicted violent lifestyles and urban scenes that only Black Americans could understand. Eventually the radical movement waned but as evidenced by the events of today, the struggle for identity hasn't died completely.

The death of MLK Jr. was a major contribution to that turbulent era but it was not the only one. Emotions were already seething long before 1968. We're seeing the pendulum swinging and history repeating itself again these days.
Don't forget that black panther party was deeply involved in and with the peoples temple led by founder in San Francisco Jim Jones. Black panther party will lure many African Americans to move to South American country of Guyana, majority being black women. Eventually nearly a thousand Americans will die by the hand of the white man named Jim Jones who forced his Marxist congregation to drink poisoned flavor aid.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:57 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Really
Buildings, including police stations, have been burned down in their name. And cheered by high profile supporters.

In Portland, it appears they tried to burn down a building with people inside.

Burn down, blow up--what does it matter. It's not okay.

I am actually scared of BLM and Anti-fa and whatever groups are behind this lawlessness. It only takes a few to cause mass destruction and loss of life, like David Dorn, Patrick Underwood and the others who died in the riots, and saw their neighborhoods destroyed.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:09 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Because violent criminality is long-term untennable and will eventually rise to the highest possible heights with the reforms desired by the BLM and defuind the Police movements, the long-term arc of the BLM and defund the Police movements will be a massively oppressive Police State that criminal populations won't survive.

At a certain point, BLM will lose control of their movement and civilization will reach a point of dissolution at which it won't be able to control the slide. This is the nature of unchecked chaos that institutions refuse to limit. The signs of this refusal are there now.

It may take up to 200 years for the cycle to complete and the new police State to be implemented, but it could take half of that or less as well. Its coming, its obvious, and the BLM types are going to be the ones to herald it in as they are used as eventual justifications for it. People will again demand civilization and what caused it to dissolve will be known. The munipal Police of the future will have much more Power than they do now.

The end-result of an inability to see reality for what it is, and demanding imbalance as a result of that inability, is always imbalance. Its just not always the long-term imbalance desired by those with the psychosis.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:15 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
BLM is an anti American, Marxist, political movement to destabilize society using the false claim of Systemic Racism. That's all. Total lie and scam in which the Media supports 100% and using societal bullying to promote.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:22 AM

322 posts, read 244,445 times
I agree 100%.

Anytime you take any group of people and highlight them over others, it just causes more division. Why can't we all just be Americans regardless of Race, Creed, Religion, or Color. But the Left loves to divide and conquer.

Life isn't fair. We have no control over where we are born, to whom, how we look, or what color we are.

We all need to overcome our personnel struggles & try to make it. Without blaming anyone or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies