Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 02:42 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times

Advertisements

If it is a hoax, I doubt that the owners or anyone in the Indian community did it. Indians tend to turn the other cheek and just accept it even when victims of blatent racism. A docile Indian grandfather (his son was a doctor) was mistaken for Black when taking a walk in a wealthy Alabama suburb: the neighbors called the cops who beat him up to the point of paralysis. All charges were dropped and there was no "Indian Lives Matter" movement or anything despite the fact that the victim was as innocent and docile as they come. The Indian community just put up and shut up. So therefore if it's a hoax, I suspect that White Antifa members did it to stir trouble OR it was legit White Racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 02:52 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,391,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
every frickin' time. they never even develop a hint of skepticism, no matter how many times they take the bait and get scammed.

their hope springs eternal.
It's the Charlie Brown syndrome. Lucy keeps pulling that football away and Charlie keeps falling on his 'donkey' but never learns.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:02 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Wha??? No noose????
They're still walking funny from the butt boning they took over the homemade exercise equipment in a park and NASCAR garage door pull downs.

Give it time.

SJWs will resurrect that old chestnut.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:13 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Looking at the pictures in the original post, I am SHOCKED!! Did you see that the exit door opens inward? That is a clear violation of the fire code! No wonder the place got trashed.

OK, in all seriousness, if this really was a racially motivated attack, the perpetrators need to be caught and face some serious jail time. But if it's a hoax -- and that's how I'm leaning -- whoever did it needs to be caught and face some serious jail time.

Surely there must be at least one security camera in this restaurant. Surely the video can be reviewed and the perpetrators identified. Right?

Old 06-26-2020, 05:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
every single time i've seen trump 2020 spray painted as a supposed 'hate crime' it's been yet another hoax.
Maybe an insurance scam, like arson, only not so extreme.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:01 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Yeah, your post is a (slightly) more objective assessment of the situation. I think your questions regarding security are answered in this article. https://www.sfreporter.com/news/2020...macist-attack/

Eighth paragraph specifically says the building landlord hires manned security (instead of cameras or surveillance) who were off duty at the time.
Yeah but motion sensors\cameras tied to your cell phone cost very very little. The place has been there 7 years. If you google map the area it's basically sushi places, mexican places...this is not some isolated new ethnic restaurant in an area. So why them? Why the highly risky investment in the time required to do all that on such a personal level when every shop in the area is pretty much "ethnic". Wierd.

Many of the other places around there if you drop down to google street view do have cameras.

Oh well, let's wait for the FBI to roll in there.

P.S. It's rich that you come rolling in as the arbiter of objectivity. You're no more objective than the OP. I'm not a Trump voter, never will be but I've seen a ton of hoaxes like this.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:20 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Maybe an insurance scam, like arson, only not so extreme.

Wise point.

You mean after being closed with no income for a few months and owing the landlord maybe 5k+ in rent someone might be desperate enough to do something illegal in order to save their business and not end up homeless?

Basically there is an ENORMOUS motivation.

Flip this whole thing on it's political ear. Wonder how many businesses in trouble from covid might use BLM protests as an opportunity to torch their own building and blame it on the protesters?

Old 06-26-2020, 06:34 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
every single time i've seen trump 2020 spray painted as a supposed 'hate crime' it's been yet another hoax.
The libs should give these hoaxes a rest.

It is becoming more and more embarrassing. Of course, libs have no shame and keep in trying.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wise point.

You mean after being closed with no income for a few months and owing the landlord maybe 5k+ in rent someone might be desperate enough to do something illegal in order to save their business and not end up homeless?

Basically there is an ENORMOUS motivation.

Flip this whole thing on it's political ear. Wonder how many businesses in trouble from covid might use BLM protests as an opportunity to torch their own building and blame it on the protesters?
Interesting speculation...

Old 06-26-2020, 07:54 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,459,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

You're no more objective than the OP.

Well sure. In fact, it should be clear that my posts here are quite deliberately inflammatory towards Trump's base, hence inherently subjective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies