Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 03:48 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times

Advertisements

No hoax with 125k plus dead and no vaccine in sight...getting out of control...mask wearing should be mandated across the country and not politicized by POTUS refusing to wear mask..spiking numbers now because of selfish people not following rules that should all be the same in every state. Pence had to kiss butt today in coronavirus conference addressing spiking cases...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 03:50 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
It's here for three years

Won't get any better unless people wear mask

Economy will probably collapse because people didn't wear mask

Yeah that's the jist ha

Old 06-26-2020, 03:56 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
I am reading thousands of people wanting to wait out the virus. That is a stupid and poor strategy. I think it could also be for political reasons for a select group of people. Wait it out until after the election, then all of a sudden say things are coming up roses.
People need to be vigilant when in public. Socially distance and wear a mask. Pretty simple really. We are in the midst of a pandemic and need to take the proper precautions. Nothing political about it. Covid doesn't care about politics or elections and will burn through the population until it doesn't have a host anymore. The only way to mitigate it wear a mask. Socially distance. It doesn't matter what you think or what I think.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:16 PM

663 posts, read 433,180 times
I found the following website helpful in determining the current death rate of all deaths in comparison with prior years. It is a provisional count, the deaths can be noted up to two weeks after the fact. Even with that the actual death numbers are at least 106% of the prior years.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Old 06-26-2020, 05:00 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,282 times
I think we are ill-equipped as a society to deal with this kind of a problem. We are a society that values convenience, expediency, and autonomy. COVID-19 seems to exploit all of these tendencies on many levels. Our President is too greedy, too self-centered to effectively lead in this situation.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:28 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Are you a believer?
Is it a hoax?
Is it overblown?
Not doing enough?
Sick of it? ------- this is probably the most obvious for everyone
Are behind all the steps being taken?
Are you nervous about being out in public?
Are the case counts accurate?
Media fed fear?

This has been a first for a majority of person living in this world. Most have never lived through such a pandemic, with the Spanish Flu being the closest in comparison which happened over a century ago. Never in my lifetime did I imagine a disease basically shutting down the globes economy. Months of closure, and now some openings but with great restriction.

I believe the reality of the virus. I believe the only reason the death rate isn't much higher is because of the extreme steps the globe took to combat it. Although I felt that some states opened up way too fast and way too soon (evidenced by uptick in positive cases), it's too late for many businesses. Not sure how a recession will be fended off. I wear a mask in public, because i think it puts a majority of people at ease. It's not just about prevention, but it's also seeing that everyone has suffered and compromised, and that when people go out they have a better sense of protection seeing people wearing masks. It's the strangest feeling this virus has thrown onto the world. Vacations canceled with industries like cruises being shut down until at least the fall. Can't find a pool because so many are altering their lives just to stay at home. I am cautious going out being I am 60 y.o. with asthma and a history of respiratory issues (i.e. had pneumonia 10 years in a row between the ages of 45-55).

I am sick of this virus. I wish 2020 would go away, accentuated by the racism movement and protests and people in general acting whack. At the end of the day, I will lean towards believing what the medical side says (Fauci etc). I'm tired of people believing this is a political thing to affect the upcoming election in the US as that would mean the entire globe is in on it. I accept the fact that even if it ends up being a small change, there is a new normal and that life as we knew it up through 2019 will not exist again.

I'm just sick of the masks. I was doing pretty good until I heard they are going to open my job back up. Now I'm pissed. Worst of all you don't even get a choice. It's either go back or don't work at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
What he said.

I never get sick and have had the flu just twice in my life and none of my kids have ever had it so I dgaf. We have kickass immune systems.

I have changed nothing since COVID; if I had a weak immune system I might have done.

I have an overactive immune system/body. That's good and bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
I believe people who are complaining about having to wear a mask sound like whiny little brat children, just wear a mask, it's not a big deal, it's literally not stopping you from doing anything

Masks are good if you're around a smoker or when you're cleaning the litter box or something like that but long term it's difficult..if you're not a normie at lest.

I try not to complain about it though, like this one lady asked me how I deal with it as she has COPD. I told her yeah I have PTSD but I try not to think about it. I think the hardest part of the masks for me is it's a symbol of how limited I am and how getting what's most important has to come with conditions. So the masks= the universe laughing at me. My mental health is pretty great right now so I'm stating this in a sorta unemotionless way but this will depress me if somehow I go back to my job.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:37 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
I think it mutates into something far deadlier than what we seeing now. Millions die. Unless a miracle vaccine occurs. doubtful as I believe there has never been a coronavirus vaccine

Old 06-26-2020, 08:43 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Where is your mind at with coronavirus? What's your current overall feelings?

The virus itself is very real and more infectious than most other respiratory diseases we come across. Not much more deadly but far more infectious (which makes the death toll rise more rapidly anyway).

Those lame "it's like the flu" or "it's just a cold" claims were blown out completely by these mounting death figures. We still have hundreds of people dying daily in 'the warm season', the middle of summer, when it was supposed to "miraculously go away".

Because we have no previous immunity this thing is dangerous to people.

Let's be frank about this: communicable diseases which are new can be dangerous. Diseases known in western Europe ravaged through native American communities after DeSoto made his epic journey across what is now the southeastern USA. Many thousands died, whole villages were wiped out in some cases. This is part of our history and it dramatically influenced the settlement of north America later.

We modern Americans can sometimes be a crazy people. We are so prone to self deception it is shameful. By refusing to acknowledge we have a problem (in this case it's a new virus, but we have seen this goofiness before) we are unable to deal with a genuine threat. Our national response to this pandemic has been a disgrace. Our government has failed us, and continues to do so while we still have Americans even today pretending we don't have a problem, or that it is somehow "overblown".

What a bunch of crazy people ...

Old 06-26-2020, 08:48 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,040,845 times
This virus is very real. It seems to hit everyone differently though. My friends father in law had it months ago and he's still not right. His lungs are damaged. He struggles to take his daily walks because he gets so winded and has to sit down. Some get it with mild effects though. Some die even with no pre existing issues. We just don't know. The states that require masks and social distancing are doing much better than those that aren't. I wear a mask for all of you because I could have it without knowing. You should also do the same. It's just being respectful.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:01 PM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
The Democrats have to keep it going at all costs, if you die of anything it's counted as a coronavirus death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies