Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 08:55 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times

Advertisements

It's a marriage of convenience obviously.

He likes women much younger than himself. He judges women on a scale of 1 to 10.
And she's in it for the lifestyle it affords her.

There's no love lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 08:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He's still better than today's Democrats on his worst day.
In one respect, yes.

It's really evident to all of us why Melania distances herself from him.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:58 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
My goodness what would some people do without twitter and FB. Seems they dont realize there is an actual world outside of social media.

Reminds me of a co-worker who was upset that her sister in law only "liked" a photo of her kid but she didnt "comment" on it. OMG! First world problems.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:58 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
I feel so sorry for Melania. Money can't buy love no matter how much you got.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:59 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
It's a marriage of convenience obviously.

He likes women much younger than himself. He judges women on a scale of 1 to 10.
And she's in it for the lifestyle it affords her.

There's no love lost.
You may be right, but how does anyone really know? Is Bill and Hillary a marriage of convenience? Trump and Melania may have a great marriage and may actually love each other. One thing about Trump, he raised his kids properly and was actively involved in their upbringing.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
My goodness what would some people do without twitter and FB. Seems they dont realize there is an actual world outside of social media.

Reminds me of a co-worker who was upset that her sister in law only "liked" a photo of her kid but she didnt "comment" on it. OMG! First world problems.
Try telling that to Trump.
He spends his life on twitter.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You may be right, but how does anyone really know? Is Bill and Hillary a marriage of convenience? Trump and Melania may have a great marriage and may actually love each other. One thing about Trump, he raised his kids properly and was actively involved in their upbringing.
No he wasn't!
He admitted he had nothing to do with raising his kids.

Its blatantly obvious from body language how Melania feels about Trump.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:01 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Why does everything in a public person's private life need to be of interest to you OP? MYOB.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:02 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

Note, not a Trump fan but someones personal morals /= their abilities of president. They are completely separate.
I can agree with the 'sometimes'. But our long time rule of thumb has been 'character counts'. I can see why, now better than ever.

This is the guy who, by his own admission turned away in disgust from an older man bleeding onto the floor right in front of him. There was no effort to assist nor even to comfort the man, and all he could think of was all that blood on his beautiful marble floor.

Imagine not one single individual, but 331 million of them. Trump turning away in disgust.

There is something deeply flawed about the man. He knows what he has to say to people to gain their confidence, but it's like he doesn't feel it personally, he is not actually invested in it, it is a purely academic exercise. He is strangely detached.

This is the kind of guy that on some level knows people don't want to die, so he would tell them they won't die if he wants something from them and by saying that he might get it, then he let's them die and shrugs it off.

In a national crises, a man like that is not prioritizing what is best for his charges, but what is best for himself. It's a cold unbalanced calculation.

I am reminded about something someone told me many years ago: "when you park your car don't leave so much as an apple on the car seat, because if someone is really hungry they will break your window and take that apple". You are out the cost of a window and all that person gained was the cost of an apple.

Trump is like that hungry man, but actually he is not hungry, he is a glutton. Trump's actions show that he would break our country's window for an apple he doesn't need.

Deeply flawed.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:02 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Sorry lefties, but even at Trump's advanced age, he's still getting more, and better quality action that you could ever hope for!
At $130,000 a pop, for what is reportedly quite short a period of time, i should hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies