Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 02:20 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
She wasn't with him at his golf course.

Instead of acknowledging tRump's 74th, she tweeted a greeting to the US Army.

Story here:

"Melania Trump was among those who did not wish her husband, the US president, a happy birthday this weekend despite commemorating the US Army’s birthday on the same day.

Neither was Ms Trump seen alongside Donald Trump as he landed back in Washington DC alongside daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9566961.html

Does anyone have any further info?

Maybe she forgot. I forget birthday, holidays, etc all the time. Who even cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 02:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
John Lennon was a terrible human.
Elvis was a child molester (I think there is another term for adult men who like 14 year olds vs 8 year olds but I forget)
Multiple NFL stars are outright felon thugs.
At last count Fletcher Cox has had legal issues when screwing other mens wives... TWICE. And this is only the ones that came to the surface. Great player. And a royal er jerk.

None of the above have a 100% direct bearing on their job performance.
The presidency is not like the work of an artist or a professional sport, or some technician. Technical proficiency is based upon training and natural talent.

The presidency is a people job, a values job, an ethics and morals job, and can't be isolated from the man's character. People's lives can depend upon a quick thoughtless decision made by the guy, and I am not talking about military lives particularly, it could be a grandma in Lincoln Nebraska ...

One could compare Trump to any other president ... or compare any two other presidents ... and see how one's moral fiber affects the job they did. One can get an approximate understanding of where their values were by the decisions they made and the political risks they were willing to take.

No one is perfect and certainly no president was ever perfect, but in the office of the president of the United States character counts.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:26 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And you believe every story you read about people? What I saw with Trump was a father and son that had a good, close relationship. I saw this personally and talked to people that worked for him who had no reason to deceive me. I didn't have to read about it.
No. i don't. But others saw the same incident.

So DJT behaves one way in front of some people and another way in front others. What else is new? Makes me believe he smacked his wife around, too. She backtracked on that testimony to get the support.

IMO, understanding one's anger and being capable of controlling it is an important trait for the leader of the free world.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:32 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Not really a marriage as most people think of one.

Trump is a serial adulterer and a terrible husband. No way she did not know this going into the marriage.

Note, not a Trump fan but someones personal morals /= their abilities of president. They are completely separate.
Exactly. It's probably not in her contract. I don't feel bad for her one iota. She got a US citizenship for herself and her parents, a fancy life, money, etc. She's essentially a mail order bride and she jut needs to, cough, barf, have sex with that thing every once in a while (whatever the contract says). Gross gross gross...

Old 06-26-2020, 02:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Sorry lefties, but even at Trump's advanced age, he's still getting more, and better quality action that you could ever hope for! Go back to spewing your TDS on Twitter and posting cat pictures and videos to your internet friends on facebook!
Okay, I have to ask: how on Earth would you know this? Have you been giving Donald this "quality action" you speak of?

Old 06-26-2020, 03:04 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Lots of people need to get lives.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am beginning that you and some others have a crush on Trump. You’re like that little boy who pulls a girls hair or punches her in the arm to get her attention because you like her.
Dear Frenchie,

Can we work out a trade?

Old 06-26-2020, 03:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Lots of people need to get lives.
Amen to that, toodles.

Less than 5 months.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump didn't notice he had kids until they finished high school. Wife #1 raised them. When Tiffany came along her mom took her to California.
No, I doubt Wife #1 raised them, either. I'm betting nannies did most of the real work, especially when the kids were young.

The very wealthy dont raise their kids and run their homes the way we regular people do. Not that I begrudge them having hired help; heck, if I could have afforded it when my kids were younger, my help would have had help.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:40 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
LOL. Of course not. Shes a mail order bride waiting for him to kick the bucket so she wins the lottery. Like Ed Snowden says,' there are no relationships in Trump's life just "business transactions"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies