Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 08:48 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Wow. I imagine this is happening in many households but not playing out in the news due to most people not running for office. I think young people see their parents for what they really are. I work with a few people who are staunch republicans and I know a few of them have differences with their kids of this nature. A lot of young people are seeing their parents for what they are....while the parents are in denial about it.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/kent-cou...t-to-pick-him/

Or it could be just one big marketing scheme by the family to get him name recognition.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-26-2020 at 09:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 09:01 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,189 times
Since when did the opinions of unexperienced, smart-phone addicted young girls matter?

Young women are hive-minded and conformist. Whatever the trend of the day is, they will support it (generally speaking). Although there are a small percentage of young women who are invidualistic & indepedent, the vast majority are not. They will conform to whatever pop-culture tells them to conform to. This is the reason why the majority of protesters you see are women, literally a sea of women with a handful of men sprinkled here & there. There are probably more white men protesting than actual black people!

FYI, women should not have the right to vote, they do not have the logical faculties or emotional stability to handle the responsibility of electing governmental leaders. If only women could vote, America would already be a dystopian communist nation.

Last edited by Masterful_Man; 06-26-2020 at 09:50 AM..

Old 06-26-2020, 09:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Wow. I imagine this is happening in many households but not playing out in the news due to most people not running for office. I think young people see their parents for what they really are. I work with a few people who are staunch republicans and I know a few of them have differences with their kids of this nature. A lot of young people are seeing their parents for what they are....while the parents are in denial about it.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/kent-cou...t-to-pick-him/

Or it could be just one big marketing scheme by the family to get him name recognition.
If I were a voter in that district, I'd certainly be interested to know more - WHY they don't want voters voting for him, specifically.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:23 AM

11,785 posts, read 5,795,007 times
I've been pretty quiet the past couple of days because it isn't worth my time to even respond to many of these posts made by trolls. This is a good example along with that Melanie supposedly didn't wish Trump a Happy Birthday. I see the Democrats running scared that they are pulling whatever nonsense from news feeds and expected us to react.

Meanwhile there have been trucks running around our area selling Trump merchandise and lines of people making purchases. I can't wait to rub it in the Democrats faces when Trump wins 2020. The constant BS, looting and rioting is getting on everyone's nerves and actually making people decide to vote for Trump this year. The Dems will never learn.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:30 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Although for the most part this guy is probably your typical indignant, obnoxious right wing type guy relative to his public politics..... I thought he handled this whole thing deftly in this interview. Hats off to you sir.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Although for the most part this guy is probably your typical indignant, obnoxious right wing type guy relative to his public politics..... I thought he handled this whole thing deftly in this interview. Hats off to you sir.
He definitely has charisma. He said he taught his daughters to always focus on the TRUTH. They have....so I think he did a great job in raising them.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:47 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Lesson to take from this...

Liberals indoctrinate people.

Conservatives don't.

Just look at the preconception from the OP - it's bad if everyone doesn't fall in line with the authority figure.

Conservatives may try to persuade - but allow people to believe what they want to believe.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:54 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
He definitely has charisma. He said he taught his daughters to always focus on the TRUTH. They have....so I think he did a great job in raising them.
I truly get frustrated with the over the top antics of candidates by either side. Obviously where I live it's mostly conservatives like this guy. It's weird. They are great people until you start in on politics and then they are freakin' nutso. I'm sure it's the same way if you are surrounded by liberal extremists.

Sadly though, I think even mainstream conservatives think the liberals are "evil" even if they are civil. Which is one of the things I find more off putting about conservatives.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:56 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Since when did the opinions of unexperienced, smart-phone addicted young girls matter?

Young women are hive-minded and conformist. Whatever the trend of the day is, they will support it (generally speaking). Although there are a small percentage of young women who are invidualistic & indepedent, the vast majority are not. They will conform to whatever pop-culture tells them to conform to. This is the reason why the majority of protesters you see are women, literally a sea of women with a handful of men sprinkled here & there. There are probably more white men protesting than actual black people!

FYI, women should not have the right to vote, they do not have the logical faculties or emotional stability to handle the responsibility of electing governmental leaders. If only women could vote, America would already be a dystopian communist nation.
I know, right?

Old 06-26-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I know, right?

Well...his daughters are old enough to vote and that is how her opinion matters....I guess. Now are you suggesting that we raise the voting age for women to something like 30?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies