Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Cars, Cell Phones, and Airplanes exist if there were no Asians or Caucasians?
NO 50 86.21%
YES 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 10:51 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Generally, white people are way more curious and daring than other races (except maybe East Asians) and like to figure out why things work the way they do, even if it kills us. If you'll notice, stuff like space exploration, skydiving, and exploring the depths of the seas is usually done by white people.

Even black comedians have made jokes about how white people are crazy for doing some of the things they do.
Blacks aren’t explorers. So what? No one has to be interested in those things. Many, many whites do not design anything or travel into space. So what if many more whites are interested? Also, no one can be forced to be thinking the way you do, just forced out of their own natural environment and never measuring up to what others tried forcing them to be. Whites can go to space without any blacks, or just those who WANT to go. That’s the difference.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
We probably would not be worrying about this clock:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ht/1064911001/

Progress is just the illusion created by getting the benefit of something before paying the cost. Eventually we will destroy ourselves with what we invented....or destroy the world that we live in....hence...the need to find other livable planets. Yeah...I wonder what races will be responsible for it when it happens

Old 06-26-2020, 10:56 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Would automobiles, cell phones, air planes, and computers exist today?
I am White, and think this is a ridiculous question. You know about Alexander Gram Bell (inspiration for former Bell Atlantic Company- I think absorbed into Verizon now) was black, right? Credited with inventing the telephone. Also, if I remember correctly, the first planes were invented in Brazil, they were popularized by the Wright brothers. But, yes, these things would likely still exist or other things in their place that accomplish the same thing.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:00 AM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Would automobiles, cell phones, air planes, and computers exist today?

If the White Man didn't come to America, would Native Americans still be living in teepee's and playing with bows and arrows?

Old 06-26-2020, 11:02 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
i think the more accurate question is would we have any of these technological advancements had Homo Sapiens had not cross-bred with Neanderthals?

or maybe the question should be since we appear to be dumb as rocks how did we do all this advancement stuff anyway?

Old 06-26-2020, 11:02 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If the White Man didn't come to America, would Native Americans still be living in teepee's and playing with bows and arrows?
No. Old Russia or China would have eventually stumbled upon it and taken it over ASAP.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:04 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I am White, and think this is a ridiculous question. You know about Alexander Gram Bell (inspiration for former Bell Atlantic Company- I think absorbed into Verizon now) was black, right? Credited with inventing the telephone. Also, if I remember correctly, the first planes were invented in Brazil, they were popularized by the Wright brothers. But, yes, these things would likely still exist or other things in their place that accomplish the same thing.
According to what history book was he black??? You can google these things before posting you know. "If you remember correctly?" Were you alive back then?

https://nndb.com/people/851/000026773/

Old 06-26-2020, 11:06 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Results the msm was hoping for. Please dont partake in racial politics.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:10 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The answer is racist if I say yes, so I can't give you the answer.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Poll: Would Cars, Cell Phones, and Airplanes exist if there were no Asians or Caucasians?

I can't vote in this COMPLETE B***S*** poll! Scientific innovation is not limited to certain races. You're confusing the effect of civilizations and cultures for races. Please go read a copy of Guns, Germs and Steel to gain understanding.
Have you read his new book, "Upheaval"? Written last year, it's a nonfiction book on which nations survive crises, and which fail during a crisis.

I've ordered it. Although he wrote it before the crises we're facing in the US, I think he'll make some salient points that can translate to this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies