Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 01:46 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,247,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Is this the part where you gotta make up a fantasy reality because you are unable to objectively look at the reality of what is going on right now?
I don’t think it’s anywhere near being played out yet.
Even when reforms get passed they end up being challenged in the courts or not funded enough to enact. Change is a long slog.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:22 PM

546 posts, read 242,913 times
But what is their/your mission statement? your goals...all revolutions have specific goals...1 in 6 of the rioters are black...the rest are white so this is not a 'black revolution' it's 'white'... so what are these people told before they go out on a mission/riot/torching? I think it's a trojan horse...the leaders of the movement say it's all about black lives but ignore all the black lives that are gunned down everyday...I think it's more to get the blacks to buy into the movement so that they will vote democratic...the democrats will then forget about them until the next election...I think the white guys that are funding the movement are doing so to gain more power and money.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,214,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yeah, things changed a lot in the last 6 months, didn't they? With The Trumpenfuhrer and Moscow Mitch McTurtle in charge, the SHTF in a really short period of time.
If Trump and Mitch were in charge of the Democrat cities and states where all the riots and looting occurred, the SHTF would not have happened. It was allowed by the Democrat mayors and governors.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:26 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,914,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Who’s paying for all this?
It'll be paid for the same way it's paid for in every other industrialized country that has those things. People tend to have more money to pay for things like this if a high percent of wealth isn't funneled to the top 1%, and if they don't live in a system that bankrupts them for getting sick, and doesn't give them $100k in debt for going to school

Old 06-26-2020, 02:28 PM

653 posts, read 221,223 times
Individual day to day lives will not be much different. The biggest thing is you will pay a lot more in taxes. You will lose a good chunck of your investment portfolio, which for people who do not know that means your 401k or IRA in most cases. Your children will lose 1/2 of their inheritance. You will have to get accustomed to more white man bad everywhere. You will lose independent information availability, as freedom of speech will be even more limited than it is now. If one of the 4 conservative or 1 middle of the road SCOTUS members dies off then they will load the SCOTUS up with a permanent liberal outcome and that is the single biggest threat. That changes everything.

None of what I posted is conspiracy theory stuff. They are just basic items the left has run on. I did not even get into the more extreme stuff. One more thing is the one good thing about True is that he is anti-war. If Biden wins, plan on getting into another ground war.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:32 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,214,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
It'll be paid for the same way it's paid for in every other industrialized country that has those things. People tend to have more money to pay for things like this if a high percent of wealth isn't funneled to the top 1%, and if they don't live in a system that bankrupts them for getting sick, and doesn't give them $100k in debt for going to school
Which industrialized country that has those things and not have a wealthy 1% too?

Old 06-26-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryclaire View Post
But what is their/your mission statement? your goals...all revolutions have specific goals...1 in 6 of the rioters are black...the rest are white so this is not a 'black revolution' it's 'white'... so what are these people told before they go out on a mission/riot/torching? I think it's a trojan horse...the leaders of the movement say it's all about black lives but ignore all the black lives that are gunned down everyday...I think it's more to get the blacks to buy into the movement so that they will vote democratic...the democrats will then forget about them until the next election...I think the white guys that are funding the movement are doing so to gain more power and money.
There’s no revolution that I can see. Angry people are protesting and want change in specific areas. Policing is a giant issue and needs to be reformed. Very few people disagree. A slate of changes are working its way through Congress and state and city governments. We will see if these changes make a difference and if bad police get prosecuted. Police departments seem to be overfunded and under trained and DAs are in cahoots.
Most industries are now more aware of words and phrases that are hurtful to minority consumers. There is also an underrepresentation in board seats, c level positions, and equality with pay. They will make changes because their consumers will demand it and they are being called out and embarrassed.
Statues are offensive to some minorities. Nyc has been taking down such identified statues for the past few years. This will continue and become more widespread.
Actually it seems like these are all positive and necessary changes. As minority populations grow in this country the power should be shifting in kind.
Most working poor have legitimate concerns with healthcare, affordable housing, education, voting. Nothing new here. I’m glad it’s coming to light. The problem is going to be how we pay for it.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:50 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
There’s no revolution that I can see. Angry people are protesting and want change in specific areas. Policing is a giant issue and needs to be reformed. Very few people disagree. A slate of changes are working its way through Congress and state and city governments. We will see if these changes make a difference and if bad police get prosecuted. Police departments seem to be overfunded and under trained and DAs are in cahoots.
Most industries are now more aware of words and phrases that are hurtful to minority consumers. There is also an underrepresentation in board seats, c level positions, and equality with pay. They will make changes because their consumers will demand it and they are being called out and embarrassed.
Statues are offensive to some minorities. Nyc has been taking down such identified statues for the past few years. This will continue and become more widespread.
Actually it seems like these are all positive and necessary changes. As minority populations grow in this country the power should be shifting in kind.
Most working poor have legitimate concerns with healthcare, affordable housing, education, voting. Nothing new here. I’m glad it’s coming to light. The problem is going to be how we pay for it.
Have you heard of the American city pronounced "See At Uhl" ?

Have you seen the statues destroyed by angry mobs of Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, Christopher Columbus?

Have you seen Ben & Jerry's band together with companies like Northern Face to implement censorship on facebook?

Have you seen the mob trying to get economists and intellectuals fired who compare the BLM organization to flat earthers for trying to abolish policing?

Old 06-26-2020, 02:51 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,914,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Which industrialized country that has those things and not have a wealthy 1% too?
The US has one of the higher GINI coefficients in the industrialized world. Our income inequality statistics don't paint us in a good light.

Out of curiosity, do you disagree with a country providing those things being a goal?

Old 06-26-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCguy512 View Post
Then you are extremely dense. The BLM and progressive left youth are marxists. They bring their ideologies into everything they do. When I owned my shop, I didn't look at a part and then produce it depending on my personal beliefs. I made good parts no matter what. These youth are the opposite, and they will soon, and some already are in the media, government, education, and tech industries overwhelmingly.

Enjoy your Orwellian utopia, I hope you get everything you asked for.
Well you right on one point. The youth will eventually take over. It will be their world to shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies