Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 08:24 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
The numbers show that the masks make a big difference, and this may be one of the few things I agree with Biden.

Wear the mask, indoors. Outside - no mask - unless pro sports actually returns with spectators. Then wear the mask - just like they did back during the Spanish Flu pandemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 08:56 AM

1,348 posts, read 705,424 times
team red = do nothing let the disease win

Old 06-28-2020, 08:57 AM

1,348 posts, read 705,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The numbers show that the masks make a big difference, and this may be one of the few things I agree with Biden.

Wear the mask, indoors. Outside - no mask - unless pro sports actually returns with spectators. Then wear the mask - just like they did back during the Spanish Flu pandemic.
yes

Old 06-28-2020, 08:58 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who's making a big deal out of it and fighting over it? Seems like it is the left doing it just because many of us on the right don't like wearing a mask. Aren't we entitled to our opinion without YOU guys making a big deal out of it?
"Opinion" has no place in front or instead of public health knowledge and stats. I have an opinion about the weather, for example, but the science about it won't change no matter how I "feel" about it. It's not personal.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:02 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
"Opinion" has no place in front or instead of public health knowledge and stats. I have an opinion about the weather, for example, but the science about it won't change no matter how I "feel" about it. It's not personal.
Ever heard of freedom of speech? Yes, I can voice my opinion on this issue as I don't necessarily believe all the propaganda that is being put out along with some truths.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:17 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ever heard of freedom of speech? Yes, I can voice my opinion on this issue as I don't necessarily believe all the propaganda that is being put out along with some truths.
I think you should be able to voice your opinion for sure. Not gonna hear me say not to.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:19 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

Thanks for the balanced post.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:27 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Someone should teach Uncle Joe more about civics and federalism; you really can't blame him, though, as he is losing it. The federal government has ZERO constitutional authority to require people to wear masks as a general matter. Requiring people conducting interstate travels would be a different story, but that would apply to a small fraction of people these days.

In any case, I don't see most people supporting such a position anyway.
Wasn't it the Federal government that forced the states to raise the drinking age, lower the speed limit, and require seat belts? Well, the Federal government didn't exactly force the states, it just said that federal highways funds would be taken away if they did not comply.

BTW, this was your lesson of civics and federalism.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:42 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Wasn't it the Federal government that forced the states to raise the drinking age, lower the speed limit, and require seat belts? Well, the Federal government didn't exactly force the states, it just said that federal highways funds would be taken away if they did not comply.
Trump is doing that now threatening states by withholding federal funds if they expand mail in voting. Somehow Trumpers are fine with that but not fine with Trump mandating masks.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:26 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Biden Says It Will Be Mandatory To Wear A Mask In 2021. Does America Want This?

Wanting or not is one thing. Prudence is another matter. Hell, I wish this world had nothing bad at all in it - not even pinpricks or paper cuts!! But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna defy good advice to keep myself from experiencing these things outside very good reasons to put up with them.

Same thing for masks. It's absurd to politicize the mask thing. How is putting on a mask going to hurt the quality of a person's shopping (yours or other people's)? Seriously!

I can tell you how not wearing one will hurt the quality of yours and others - namely by making it practically impossible and certainly unreasonable for you to shop at all. And where's your ability to contribute to economic growth then?
I don't think the issue is whether the mask is a good idea.
The issue is whether or not Americans want to wear a mask every time they are in public.
Because people do what they want.
And so far the mask-wearers are a small minority....
A huge majority of people are probably just banking on a vaccine, not planning to wear a mask in 2021.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies