Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 09:08 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,117,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
No it does not violate your freedom of expression or any other amendments in the constitution. Where in the constitution does it give freedom from masks? In fact you are violating others right to life by not wearing a mask. At this point you just look very self entitled by not wearing one and you are not law abiding.
Other people rights stop at my nose and mouse. I do not care one way or another if people think i am self entitled by not wearing a mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 11:36 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,729,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
But it's not just your body. Viruses don't care. You will spread it to everyone you care about whether they support your silly choice or not. Why put your family and friends in danger like that? Do you not care about them? Even many of those who don't die still end up with long-lasting health consequences. Why would any rational, empathetic person intentionally put people through that?
Pay no attention to the tin foil hat bot troll responses. This is probably one person with multiple accounts paid to sew discord. A country divided is a weaker country. Unfortunately this cyber war fare is very effective. The tin foil hat lunatic fringe lap it up like a kitten to a saucer. We will be better off as a country when we learn to recognize this troll crap and minimize it.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:43 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,631,377 times
Masks should only be required if you're sick or had the virus. And the masks should onyl be required if it makes sense. If you're in a super crowded grocery store that elderly people frequently visit, sure.

If you're at a beach or outside at a playground, no.

The masks requirement should be a common sense thing. But for some reason, people like it when the govt tells you what to do.

I'm telling you, they'll try mandating the masks, then they'll try mandating vaccines, then mandate proof that you got vaccinated to enter a store, etc etc etc.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:58 AM

29,898 posts, read 11,487,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Masks should only be required if you're sick or had the virus. And the masks should onyl be required if it makes sense. If you're in a super crowded grocery store that elderly people frequently visit, sure.
I think people should go by what the health experts say. Its a very small sacrifice yet too many whine about it. If you are outside away from others like at a park or beach of course no mask. If you are in NYC with crowds of people on the sidewalk then yes a mask.
Quote:

The masks requirement should be a common sense thing. But for some reason, people like it when the govt tells you what to do.

I'm telling you, they'll try mandating the masks, then they'll try mandating vaccines, then mandate proof that you got vaccinated to enter a store, etc etc etc.
You are probably right. But personally if the vaccine is safe I will get in line for it. I also want an anti-body test. Perhaps if you have had the virus you won't be required to get a vaccine.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 06-29-2020 at 12:07 PM..

Old 06-29-2020, 12:20 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,559,667 times
Alberta, Canada Chief Medical Officer just made it mandatory to stay 2 meters (slightly over 6 feet) apart in all circumstances where specific regulations have not been ordered (such as hairdressers).

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...f-decision.pdf

In case you are wondering what level of infection it took to order this, here is that information:

https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...statistics.htm

And you wonder why things are going haywire in the USA.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:21 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,559,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Government should have mandated vaccines a long, long time ago.
There aren't any available. Pretty hard to mandate something no one has.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:25 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,117,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Government should have mandated vaccines a long, long time ago.
I will decide what goes in to my body and no one else.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:25 PM

10,295 posts, read 10,539,277 times
Quote:

The government has nothing to do with my opinion, and I can't imagine why people would "like it when the govt tells you what to do." The trouble is many people are not intelligent enough to know to make the right decision on their own.

The federal government has not done nearly enough and this nation is paying the price. I don't have a problem with the government mandating masks. I don't care if people get the vaccine when it is available, because I know that I will, and the rest of my family has enough sense to also get the vaccine.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:46 PM

5,486 posts, read 2,227,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I will decide what goes in to my body and no one else.
Trump ensures you breathe toxic air and there's nothing you can do about it. He weakened air quality. And that same toxic air travels hundreds of miles from the source, and drops pollutants into formerly pristine lakes. So then the fish get toxins and you get to eat poisoned fish too, courtesy of Trump. If you think breathing and eating pollutants are great, then you got your MAGA.

But you are worried about a vaccine? Go ahead, don't get the vaccine. Others that want it will get it earlier because fewer people want it. But you don't have a choice of breathing that polluted air, even if you live far far away from the city.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:58 PM

62,583 posts, read 28,768,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think people should go by what the health experts say. Its a very small sacrifice yet too many whine about it. If you are outside away from others like at a park or beach of course no mask. If you are in NYC with crowds of people on the sidewalk then yes a mask.

You are probably right. But personally if the vaccine is safe I will get in line for it. I also want an anti-body test. Perhaps if you have had the virus you won't be required to get a vaccine.
The problem is that these so-called health experts can't even agree among themselves. They flip flopped on, "wear a mask and then don't wear a mask" and then back to "wear a mask". That's only a tip of the iceberg of the constant conflicting information that we are getting. I will get a vaccine as long as it's proven to be effective. I wear a mask when it's mandated otherwise no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies