Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 08:55 AM

62,563 posts, read 28,756,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
How do you know that? Do you want me to start posting hundreds of videos? And those are just the cases where people were caught. I have friends who've seen similar freakouts that weren't filmed.

Do you believe businesses have a right to require that their patrons wear masks? Or any other item of clothing?
I asked you first and you failed to answer. You made the claim now it's up to you to prove it. I merely asked you a question but you think I should have to prove otherwise without you first backing up your initial claims?

Yes, I believe businesses do have the right to mandate a mask while in their buildings and I do comply. Most pro-mask people expect us to wear it just walking around outside even while social distancing and I disagree with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 08:55 AM

25,892 posts, read 24,599,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post
I think one reason Taiwan took the virus so seriously and controlled it is because the general public acknowledged its a CCP bioweapon and needs to be taken seriously.

When you say its a harmless virus from a batsoup it doesn't sound so scary.

Telling the public its 100% a CCP bioweapon will of course instill a lot of fear at first , but in the long run people will be a lot less fearful bc they will likely take the virus more seriously and spread will go down and we won't be as at risk, and can relax more without fearing catching the virus everytime we go to the store,

If we want spread to go down in the USA, we can start by calling it for what it is "A CCP bioweapon" . then people would take it more seriously.
You should stop posting that nonsense...

I wrote this post in another thread yesterday:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/58494617-post5.html

Old 06-28-2020, 08:57 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,514,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
I wear one when common sense dictates it's appropriate (stores, getting my haircut,etc.) Outside? No. Of course they suck, but the anti-mask crowd really makes me mad as it's such a simple step to take to help curb this thing. I went to the mall yesterday for a bit and was pretty surprised at how many people were not wearing one. At the grocery store in my area there is still virtually 100% compliance.

That being said, the mask-Nazis are also a bit too much for me. I cannot fathom approaching a stranger in public and verbally abusing them for not wearing a mask. I would just avoid getting near them. Predictably, in some circles wearing a mask has also become the latest "look how much more caring, compassionate and righteous I am than everyone else" virtue signaling just like "staying home", black Instagram squares, etc.

Sounds like you are a mature, sensible person.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:59 AM

2,264 posts, read 961,505 times
I'm in Taiwan where Covid-19 is ancient history now. Are medical grade surgical masks (three-ply, non-woven PP middle ply) readily available there in the U.S. now?

Old 06-28-2020, 09:01 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,584,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
I'm in Taiwan where Covid-19 is ancient history now. Are medical grade surgical masks (three-ply, non-woven PP middle ply) readily available there in the U.S. now?
You can buy online or in store. My husband bought some surgical type masks at Target the other day.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
I wear one when common sense dictates it's appropriate (stores, getting my haircut,etc.) Outside? No. Of course they suck, but the anti-mask crowd really makes me mad as it's such a simple step to take to help curb this thing. I went to the mall yesterday for a bit and was pretty surprised at how many people were not wearing one. At the grocery store in my area there is still virtually 100% compliance.

That being said, the mask-Nazis are also a bit too much for me. I cannot fathom approaching a stranger in public and verbally abusing them for not wearing a mask. I would just avoid getting near them. Predictably, in some circles wearing a mask has also become the latest "look how much more caring, compassionate and righteous I am than everyone else" virtue signaling just like "staying home", black Instagram squares, etc.
Since getting the virus means you might die, I understand that people who are aware of that and not living in a state of denial are scared and can't accept the antisocial behavior some people still display.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:07 AM

42,753 posts, read 25,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
The difference is, that I have the right to refuse treatment.
And the reality is that if you are gasping for air you won't refuse treatment

Old 06-28-2020, 09:08 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,778,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I asked you first and you failed to answer. You made the claim now it's up to you to prove it. I merely asked you a question but you think I should have to prove otherwise without you first backing up your initial claims?

Yes, I believe businesses do have the right to mandate a mask while in their buildings and I do comply. Most pro-mask people expect us to wear it just walking around outside even while social distancing and I disagree with that.
Such a ridiculous retort. I just posted several examples of people freaking out anout masks and screaming about "effing Democrats" and you replied that people weren't freaking out. Then you ask to see proof that the millions of trumpees following his example and eschewing masks are all freaking out, which is clearly impossible.

What will you do if trump starts wearing a mask tomorrow and recommending that everyone does? Follow the Dear Leader or oppose him and continue to whine about your constitutional rights being violated?

Old 06-28-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And the reality is that if you are gasping for air you won't refuse treatment
The horrible descriptions by patients who survived their ICU stay are one good reason i never want to get that virus.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:09 AM

42,753 posts, read 25,964,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
yes, you can get a box of 50 for $15-20 and lately a number of stores have been handing them out to customers who show up without a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies