Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 10:24 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Today it was for around 11 hours, with a break for lunch and for two cups of tea. Large building, only 4-5 people in it, but everyone is paranoid, and we all wear masks.
You should not be working 11 hours a day. That's insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 10:50 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You should not be working 11 hours a day. That's insane.
It's a start-up. 100 hours/week is not untoward. I just don't want for 90 of those hours to be in a mask.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:56 PM

934 posts, read 1,128,530 times
It's strange how intensely adversarial people are about it. All this "my rights" business. But not about other things.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:05 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
I honestly don't understand why people have a problem wearing a mask.

I've been wearing them off and on, whenever needed, ever since I first began working at age 12. That would be 64 years ago.
Most were dust/particle masks, but there were years when I wore a full spray mask w/ canisters all day long, every day.

I wore them because they all helped me a lot more than they inconvenienced me. Sure, they would get hot, but I could always take one off and give myself a break, but at day's end, I always felt a lot better than if I hadn't worn one. There were days when I didn't, and wished I had a mask.

One thing's for sure; the new ones are lighter, cooler and easier to wear than the earlier ones. I think a person just needs to get used to wearing one. It doesn't take long.

And at my age, even if one of the old ones was all I had, I would still wear it. nothing has changed about the use- I can still take one of and catch a break whenever I need to. All I need for that is a spot where I can get a safe distance from other folks for a few minutes.

Covid is too rough on everyone who catches it to avoid protection. And refusing to wear a mask for political reasons is flat out idiocy.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:08 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I honestly don't understand why people have a problem wearing a mask.

I've been wearing them off and on, whenever needed, ever since I first began working at age 12. That would be 64 years ago.
Most were dust/particle masks, but there were years when I wore a full spray mask w/ canisters all day long, every day.

I wore them because they all helped me a lot more than they inconvenienced me. Sure, they would get hot, but I could always take one off and give myself a break, but at day's end, I always felt a lot better than if I hadn't worn one. There were days when I didn't, and wished I had a mask.

One thing's for sure; the new ones are lighter, cooler and easier to wear than the earlier ones. I think a person just needs to get used to wearing one. It doesn't take long.

And at my age, even if one of the old ones was all I had, I would still wear it. Covid is too rough on everyone who catches it to avoid protection. And refusing to wear a mask for political reasons is flat out idiocy.
Because government telling us that we must do it. That is the difference between you wearing it voluntary and being able to take it off anytime you want and being told you must wear it.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:27 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
" refusing to wear a mask for political reasons is flat out idiocy"

No matter how many times this truth is told the foolish will never listen. We are in a worldwide pandemic that has killed 503,000 people and the number is still growing. Countries who have mandated wearing a mask have flattened the curve and we still have idiots saying this is political. God what have become as a nation.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:30 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
I don't have a problem with people not wearing a mask. Those who choose not to wear a mask should not be allowed inside a building like a grocery store. If you go inside a building with other people you wear a mask or you don't go inside. It's no different then stores not allowing people to go in without a shirt on, or shoes. I don't want to breath your body fluids if you wear a mask it keeps those body fluids to yourself.

I keep two masks with me if a store has very few people I wear the cloth mask if it's packed I put on the KN95 mask.

I think it's funny watching a video of someone yelling into a camera then later it's published everywhere on the internet. They look so foolish getting all angry about it.

Costco was the first to enforce masks ton of videos online angry shoppers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8fkVqEZGRA

Old 06-30-2020, 05:26 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Because government telling us that we must do it. That is the difference between you wearing it voluntary and being able to take it off anytime you want and being told you must wear it.
Does it really matter who advises us to wear masks? You wear them for your health and others. Have you noticed, this is world wide. This is not political, the particles getting into people's systems can not be seen.

Coughing and sneezing, talking loudly, is when they say the horrific virus escapes. At least, listen to scientists and doctors. Where is common sense in this nightmare?

Old 06-30-2020, 05:37 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I disagree, you lose your freedom to make that decision. Government should have no right to tell you that you must put something over your face
Some in government are concerned about your health. Losing our freedom? We are losing lives.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:47 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,462 times
The theory that merely wearing a mask will protect ones self is absurd. CoVid19 can stay on surfaces up to 3 days..so why aren't gloves mandated too? CoVid19 can enter via the eyes..so why is eye protection not mandated? Its possible for CoVid19 to land on hair so why isn't all hair mandated to be covered as in head/arms? Add all this up and IF you believe the Government, doctors and media are telling 100% gospel truth(snicker) then only real effective prevention is a complete chemo-bio hazmat suit. Oh and restaurants should all be closed..why..people enter with mask then order then take mask off to eat thus everybody is breathing each others air..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies