Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2020, 02:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Not living away from home, in Europe.
After that:
Less resistance to complete integration.
Less support of and participation in communism, social Marxism, trafficking-in of outside labor from Africa, and other activities seen as socially and politically subversive to Central Europe.
Less traditional participation in middleman tax collecting rackets, middleman rent collecting rackets, human trafficking, and other profitable activities seen as oppressive and exploitative the the majority population among which they lived.
I doubt that the people of that time believed that Jews weren't allowed to make an honest living, and thus were forced into more profitable, easier means of doing so. As is the common, logically ridiculous excuse given today.
That's the answer in regard to long-term behavior.
In regard to short term behavior in the years 1935 or so on, that answer doesn't exist beside voluntarily leaving if possible.
Don't ask questions that you don't want the answers to.
Your answers don't make much sense. Where did you want jews to live if not in Europe, Jews have been in Europe for over 2,000 years? And as difficult it is to decipher your statements they all seem to point at jews as though the holocaust was there fault..I sincerely hope that is not what you are saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Why do people freak out about a virus from which there is a less that one percent chance of dying? A virus in which the mean age of fatalities is somewhere around eighty year old already infirm (terminal in many cases) individuals?
Also, why do liberals "freak out" about making sure they one hundred percent support science when it dovetails with their agenda, yet one hundred percent ignore or try to erase science when it doesn't support their agenda?
At this point, there are still plenty of scientific and medical studies (over the past forty years) posted on the internet stating that cloth masks are nearly useless in stopping the passage of viruses (most studies state about a 97% particle penetration, which means a 3% rate of effectiveness). These studies are slowly being scrubbed by the big search engines I'm sure, but right now you can find plenty of them with a simple search.
Most of them state that cloth masks:
* are somewhere around 97% ineffective for viruses. ("filtration is extremely poor," as one study put it). So that ridiculous slab of cloth over your jib has a 3% chance of stopping that virus.
* are potentially dangerous because they lead to a false sense of security, causing other measures to be ignored.
* can cause a buildup of bacteria and fungus near the mouth because of moisture from breathing, since no mask is made to be worn for extended periods of time (including gas masks and full hazmat suits).
* etc
The studies I've read through are extensive and I haven't found any, published prior to this latest virus "freak out" ( as you put it), that have very much good to say about cloth masks. So either the laws of physics, sound statistical methodology, or virology has dramatically changed in the last few months, OR this outbreak is being used as a political shill. Which is it?

Now here is a question for you: why should I put a useless (97% ineffective) slab of cloth over my face because a bunch of liberal politicians who are ignoring science tell me I have to? Why do most liberals insist we wear something that does about as much good as stuffing a pocket full of posies?

I'll tell you why I "freak out" over being told to wear a face mask: 97% ineffective, that's why. I'd be less opposed if you told me I had to wear a plague doctor beak--I've been tempted to do just that because I'm sick of seeing people all around me who blindly follow and don't bother questioning what POLITICIANS tell them to do, with nothing to back up their mandates besides their agenda.

READ THE STUDIES FOR YOURSELVES before they are all removed from the internet. Don't just take politicians' mandates as the word of friggin' god.
What studies? You didn't post a single one. You made a case allegedly based on evidence that you conveniently forgot to provide

Old 07-08-2020, 02:30 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What studies? You didn't post a single one. You made a case allegedly based on evidence that you conveniently forgot to provide
Google is your friend (well, maybe not, but it still brings up info at this point, even if the google folks don't like some of it).

You can start with this one (concentrating on HCW): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971/

Once you browse through that one, type in the search "cloth masks 97% ineffective" on your favorite search engine and spend the afternoon reading through some of those pages. Then you decide how effective cloth masks are based on those studies.

As a side note, why are so many of you liberal folks unwilling to research this stuff for yourself? Instead, you just believe any damn thing you are told by your "betters."

Old 07-08-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Google is your friend (well, maybe not, but it still brings up info at this point, even if the google folks don't like some of it).

You can start with this one (concentrating on HCW): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971/

Once you browse through that one, type in the search "cloth masks 97% ineffective" on your favorite search engine and spend the afternoon reading through some of those pages. Then you decide how effective cloth masks are based on those studies.
I'm not going to spend the day looking up stuff that you claim there are references for, that is NOT the way it works. If you don't want to post sources, that's your call but if that's you decision don't expect to be taken seriously

Old 07-08-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not going to spend the day looking up stuff that you claim there are references for, that is NOT the way it works. If you don't want to post sources, that's your call but if that's you decision don't expect to be taken seriously
You didn't notice the linked study there?

And you didn't notice the search phrase to bring a bunch more up?

Or perhaps you aren't comfortable with my lack of detail on the search. So what you do is,

1) Type in "yahoo.com" in the address box at the top of your browser. (or google, etc)

2) In the search box, type "cloth masks 97% ineffective"

3) Hit return.

4) Notice list of links.

5) Click on any of them you dare to further explore (they may contradict your mask engramme).

6) Read studies and contemplate why your favorite politicians are ignoring all of them.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:

As a side note, why are so many of you liberal folks unwilling to research this stuff for yourself? Instead, you just believe any damn thing you are told by your "betters."

But....but....but.... EXPERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because it's easier to just watch TV.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:54 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
You have experience with this now do you?
You don't know by now? I'm not a mask wearer, except every once in a while in public if/when I wasn't to go into an establishment which requires it to be worn.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:58 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Why do people freak out about a virus from which there is a less that one percent chance of dying? A virus in which the mean age of fatalities is somewhere around eighty year old already infirm (terminal in many cases) individuals?

Also, why do liberals "freak out" about making sure they one hundred percent support science when it dovetails with their agenda, yet one hundred percent ignore or try to erase science when it doesn't support their agenda?

At this point, there are still plenty of scientific and medical studies (over the past forty years) posted on the internet stating that cloth masks are nearly useless in stopping the passage of viruses (most studies state about a 97% particle penetration, which means a 3% rate of effectiveness). These studies are slowly being scrubbed by the big search engines I'm sure, but right now you can find plenty of them with a simple search.

Most of them state that cloth masks:

* are somewhere around 97% ineffective for viruses. ("filtration is extremely poor," as one study put it). So that ridiculous slab of cloth over your jib has a 3% chance of stopping that virus.

* are potentially dangerous because they lead to a false sense of security, causing other measures to be ignored.

* can cause a buildup of bacteria and fungus near the mouth because of moisture from breathing, since no mask is made to be worn for extended periods of time (including gas masks and full hazmat suits).

* etc

The studies I've read through are extensive and I haven't found any, published prior to this latest virus "freak out" ( as you put it), that have very much good to say about cloth masks. So either the laws of physics, sound statistical methodology, or virology has dramatically changed in the last few months, OR this outbreak is being used as a political shill. Which is it?

Now here is a question for you: why should I put a useless (97% ineffective) slab of cloth over my face because a bunch of liberal politicians who are ignoring science tell me I have to? Why do most liberals insist we wear something that does about as much good as stuffing a pocket full of posies?

I'll tell you why I "freak out" over being told to wear a face mask: 97% ineffective, that's why. I'd be less opposed if you told me I had to wear a plague doctor beak--I've been tempted to do just that because I'm sick of seeing people all around me who blindly follow and don't bother questioning what POLITICIANS tell them to do, with nothing to back up their mandates besides their agenda.

READ THE STUDIES FOR YOURSELVES before they are all removed from the internet. Don't just take politicians' mandates as the word of friggin' god.
Yes it is amazing that most of the same group of individuals who are worrying about getting coronavirus are the same ones who don't worry about eating fatty foods all their lives and dying from a real disease - heart disease. There are more individuals in the US dying from heart disease compared to coronavirus.

Quote:
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women, and people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States. One person dies every 37 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease. About 647,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that's 1 in every 4 deaths

Old 07-08-2020, 03:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
At least here same as census they are lawless belligerent defiant people
California the true rebel state
Please send us your flags and statues
The shoe fits

Old 07-08-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Yes it is amazing that most of the same group of individuals who are worrying about getting coronavirus are the same ones who don't worry about eating fatty foods all their lives and dying from a real disease - heart disease. There are more individuals in the US dying from heart disease compared to coronavirus.
That's a good point. The masses seem to be completely petrified by a virus that has turned out to be pretty mild in actual statistical death rates, but those same masses don't seem to be bothered by the risk of heart disease, cancer, etc (the BIG killers) at all. And they are FAR more likely to die from heart disease or cancer. Not a hint of fear or trepidation. And no crusade ... thank God. One crusade is one too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies