Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 09:04 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times

Advertisements

Must obey. Must obey. Must obey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 09:17 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Must obey. Must obey. Must obey.
Dont't you dare look at all the facts, I'm tellling you what I want you to know and you will listen and obey. See what the facts did to all of those disobediate ones...they are living life like as if everything was normal...they are the crazy ones, lol.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:49 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Dont't you dare look at all the facts, I'm tellling you what I want you to know and you will listen and obey. See what the facts did to all of those disobediate ones...they are living life like as if everything was normal...they are the crazy ones, lol.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:27 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I respectfully disagree. It takes freedom of choice from you. That is why around half of the country against mask and half for it. We see such freedom differently.
OK, you are free to choose to not wear clothes when you go out. See how that works for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Again, if you REALLY believed your mask to be soooooooooo very effective, you wouldn't care whether I had one on or not. Because you'd be behind your invincible shield, safe and contented.
How many months are we into this and you still don't understand the physics of this? Good grief ...

Quote:
So you are not willing to stop driving your car to save lives, but you are willing to wear a mask to "save lives"
Speaking of lame, here's another lame analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And if the "new norm" were to wear scold's bridles to prevent tooth decay, every one of you maskophiles would be the first in line to pick one up at Walmart
Lame analogy #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
^ Veruca Salt has spoken.
LMAO ... Thank you for my morning chuckle!

Old 07-11-2020, 03:57 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
More evidence to support wearing masks.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/07/11/d...eid=c9cc73e26a

Old 07-11-2020, 04:28 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Do you wear your mask driving alone in your car? Maybe you should just in case you get into a crash.

I did last week. Other maskless motorists were coming up to my car, peering in my opened window, and asking me how I was. I had just come home from grocery shopping and had my mask in my purse. Oh, no, was I exposed to the virus by these strangers?

Do you think I had the mental comprehension to get out my mask from my purse? When the police questioned me I couldn't even tell them my address, or who the PRESIDENT was, let alone think about putting on a mask for "protection from the virus".

EMS put a paper mask on me in the ambulance; similar to what my husband used for doing woodworking. It got entangled in his car cell phone charger on drive home, fell apart, and I threw it out.

Better wear your masks in your car because you never know how you might be exposed.

Old 07-11-2020, 04:36 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Linking the wearing of masks to a loss of freedoms is a uniquely American phenomena. A significant number of them have a lock on stupid.
The mask has never been personal protection but for the protection of others.

Only a selfish dumbazz put's his personal comfort at greater import than the safety of others.

Warning to everyone; the bridge ahead is out - Americans you are "free" to proceed regardless.

Morons.
I don't know about you, but the reason I wear a mask is to protect myself.
If someone in close proximity to me coughs/sneezes, I want to make sure I am protected.

Old 07-11-2020, 04:40 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
I'm done with the BS. If you want to wear a mask, wear one, but please don't push your agenda on me. I promise I won't invade your space. I promise I won't talk to you, I promise if I happen to cough or sneeze I will do so in my arm. Let people choose without getting the stink eye. Your supporting documentation is different than mine, who's right? Let's just stop the nonsense!

Old 07-11-2020, 04:50 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I promise I won't invade your space.
Good. That means you will be staying home.

Old 07-11-2020, 04:59 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I don't know about you, but the reason I wear a mask is to protect myself.
If someone in close proximity to me coughs/sneezes, I want to make sure I am protected.
Same, here. I'm selfish that way. Value of masking as a defense for ME was really brought home way back in March when I read this:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...tance-and-stay

Only people on that bus NOT infected were WEARING MASKS.

It is beyond me why people feel the need to tempt the devil. You are only asking for trouble. If one has done any serious reading at all on this disease, one should conclude you would NEVER want to risk your present day - or FUTURE health. For some there will be no recovery - nor death - but a limbo of lifelong disability.

Once again - for those who insist COVID is nothing, you really need to read this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/curr...ce-thread.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies