Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 09:14 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times

Advertisements

Congrats to Mississippi's government! Hope this decision was respected by their citizens and the nation as well. However, it would not surprise me if some right wingers and white supremacists were triggered by the decision.

Last edited by chessgeek; 07-02-2020 at 09:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 09:23 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Not since the children of Black folks left the church.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
What the heck does any church have to do with the discussion??? Why should following some mythology from the ancient middle east have anything to do with symbols of slavery?
5 facts about the religious lives of African Americans

"Religion, particularly Christianity, has played an outsize role in African American history. While most Africans brought to the New World to be slaves were not Christians when they arrived, many of them and their descendants embraced Christianity, finding comfort in the Biblical message of spiritual equality and deliverance. In post-Civil War America, a burgeoning black church played a key role strengthening African American communities and in providing key support to the civil rights movement."
Quote:
have anything to do with symbols
The battle flag depicts, St Andrew's Cross and/or the Southern Cross; St. Andrew was crucified, because the ruler of the day enforced a legal requirement for everyone to worship the Roman gods and St. Andrew defied that law by continuing to preach the word of God --- he was hung for not following the law, on a crucifix in the shape of an X.

You might say he was a rebel in his day ... there are strong Baptist ties within the southern black communities or at least, there use to be.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think the Confederate flag is beautiful, which is partly why I just bought one. I also got it to protest the neo-fascist craziness that now seems to be taking over this nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Imagine someone saying the same thing about the swastika...
The Hindu believe the swastika is, beautiful ... there is a reason people taint the symbols of religious orientations, as they want to taint the religions as well.

There is superior race though, it is the one that has ended all the wars.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:38 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
The Hindu believe the swastika is, beautiful ... there is a reason people taint the symbols of religious orientations, as they want to taint the religions as well.

I believe the only place on earth where slavery still goes on TODAY is the continent of Africa. I could be wrong about that. Islam is probably still widely engaged in the use of slavery outside of Africa.

I'm sure that the Pygmy people of Africa to this day are being used as slaves as they are so backwards they still don't know what a wheel is.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:
I believe the only place on earth where slavery still goes on TODAY is the continent of Africa. I could be wrong about that. Islam is probably still widely engaged in the use of slavery outside of Africa.

I'm sure that the Pygmy people of Africa to this day are being used as slaves as they are so backwards they still don't know what a wheel is.
You will be surprised then ... It is a $150 Billion a year industry with over 46 million slaves ... they go for $90.00, average purchase.

The slave next door: 21st century California still has humans in bondage

There Are 58,000 Slaves in the United States Right Now

Slavery: Alive and well in the 21st century
"Far from ending with the abolition of slavery, the trade in human beings is thriving more than ever before."

So rather than focus on something going on today that we can do something about, people focus their attention on something that happened 160 years that they cannot change. Sounds smart don't it?

Old 07-02-2020, 11:14 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
You will be surprised then ... It is a $150 Billion a year industry with over 46 million slaves ... they go for $90.00, average purchase.

The slave next door: 21st century California still has humans in bondage

There Are 58,000 Slaves in the United States Right Now

Slavery: Alive and well in the 21st century
"Far from ending with the abolition of slavery, the trade in human beings is thriving more than ever before."

So rather than focus on something going on today that we can do something about, people focus their attention on something that happened 160 years that they cannot change. Sounds smart don't it?
Oh I forgot. Non-whites slaving their own people - right here in America.

The most appalling thing in all of this is how whites have become marked as the villains in all of this, when it is clear our nations (America included) are the most progressive, and inviting nations on the planet. Could the Left be more full of ****?

Old 07-02-2020, 11:19 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
We can only do one? That's a bit weak-sauce for the world's sole superpower, innit?

Old 07-02-2020, 11:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Symbols from a defeated nation have no place on 'Muricas public property.
Is that why liberals wanted autonomous zones? Oh the irony.

Old 07-02-2020, 11:22 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
It was about states rights.
States' rights to uphold the insitution of slavery, yes.

Quote:
I'm tired of it all.
You at any point in time free to stop upholding the pretense that these losers fought for anything noble, or decent, or praiseworthy.

Old 07-02-2020, 11:50 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Imagine how Blacks feel if a few weeks of this is tiring to you.
Of course, this requires empathy, which some people don't have. There are many people who are tired of hearing about the Confederate flag being a racist symbol. Well, I'm tired of it being flown. I'm tired of individuals trying to justify and lie about its use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies