Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 04:44 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatdabri View Post
Plenty of people post videos making fun on Trump but there is no backlash against them and they don't lose their jobs
Not talking about his skin color. Not his real skin color anyways

Old 06-27-2020, 04:45 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You need to familiarize yourself with the term 'employment at will'.
What my State is....

--------

I've seen plenty of bashing of Trump via FB.. and other Social Media... I use to get bashed on FB, I stopped posting long ago.. I was called every name imaginable.. alot was reported(by friends) But they were allowed to continue. The left were allowed free reign to assault those who opposed them. FB sux. They are Anti Trump, don't you know...

Old 06-27-2020, 04:46 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Because social media is dominated by the Left, you have to leave and go elsewhere.

Examples:
https://www.minds.com/
https://gab.com/
https://parler.com/
https://www.bitchute.com/

If you're not on the Left, you will be constantly abused, antagonized and harassed if you're hanging out on YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter and pretty much any big name website. They'll ban you for having the wrong opinions and the Far-Left Marxist mob will find you, come to your house, attack your family, might even burn your house down. The mainstream Dems won't speak out against it. Most enjoy seeing it happen. The best you can do is get off of the platforms that hate everything you believe in.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:47 PM

12,417 posts, read 9,510,794 times
Quote:
Lots of people are losing their jobs because the left wing activists don't like what they said. Employers in order to protect their bottom line are firing the employee for the slightest of reason caving to the social media mob. If some one is fired just because they exercises their first amendment right to free speech isn't there any legal recourse that they can take?
Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. It's getting to where you can't be a flaming bigot anymore without your employer objecting. It's tyranny I tell yah!!!

Old 06-27-2020, 04:58 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yes we can begin to organize against them and wage war against the leftist scum in our country. The only solution to this at this point is to eliminate them. Leftism is an act of treason. Destroying the enemy will be our only choice in the end. There is no reasoning with these people. We must face them.

Now, now, the resentment of higher life forms isn't going to get you anywhere.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
What my State is....

--------

I've seen plenty of bashing of Trump via FB.. and other Social Media... I use to get bashed on FB, I stopped posting long ago.. I was called every name imaginable.. alot was reported(by friends) But they were allowed to continue. The left were allowed free reign to assault those who opposed them. FB sux. They are Anti Trump, don't you know...

I wouldn't know, never have and likely never will play there.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:12 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Employment at will allows an employer or employee to end the relationship anytime, unless done in violation of EEOC.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Lots of people are losing their jobs because the left wing activists don't like what they said. Employers in order to protect their bottom line are firing the employee for the slightest of reason caving to the social media mob. If some one is fired just because they exercises their first amendment right to free speech isn't there any legal recourse that they can take?
I don't know.

But anyone who believes in forced association or voluntarily uses the channels of the State to impose their will on another is a POS.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:17 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes. You can find another job. The First Amendment doesn’t protect ya from private consequences.

I remember when conservatives used to cherish private property rights.

^

The Left's justification for taking an end run around the Constitution.

Funny how they didn't feel the same way when we were taking about Colin Kaepernick though.....huh?

Old 06-27-2020, 05:23 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Stop posting on Social Media??????

I've known a few who lost their job - Posting No-no's per company policy.. Nothing to do with Politics..

I don't post anything on FB, I wouldn't want my employer to see, but then I don't use FB much and it's secure, meaning, I only have Family on it.....

It's gotten harder to keep your Facebook private, but you can still adjust your security settings so only your Facebook friends can see your posts.....

(Unless you post on a public page)

Also, it's a really bad idea to be Facebook friends with coworkers....

That's what LinkedIn is for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies