Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 03:47 PM

21 posts, read 23,592 times

Advertisements

Lots of people are losing their jobs because the left wing activists don't like what they said. Employers in order to protect their bottom line are firing the employee for the slightest of reason caving to the social media mob. If some one is fired just because they exercises their first amendment right to free speech isn't there any legal recourse that they can take?

Old 06-27-2020, 03:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Yes. You can find another job. The First Amendment doesn’t protect ya from private consequences.

I remember when conservatives used to cherish private property rights.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes. You can find another job. The First Amendment doesn’t protect ya from private consequences.

I remember when conservatives used to cherish private property rights.
Wouldn't the next company also face the same social media pressure? Also I am not a conservative, I dislikeTrump. I am a Democrat.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:28 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatdabri View Post
Lots of people are losing their jobs because the left wing activists don't like what they said. Employers in order to protect their bottom line are firing the employee for the slightest of reason caving to the social media mob. If some one is fired just because they exercises their first amendment right to free speech isn't there any legal recourse that they can take?
Stop posting on Social Media??????

I've known a few who lost their job - Posting No-no's per company policy.. Nothing to do with Politics..

I don't post anything on FB, I wouldn't want my employer to see, but then I don't use FB much and it's secure, meaning, I only have Family on it.....

Old 06-27-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Stop posting on Social Media??????

I've known a few who lost their job - Posting No-no's per company policy.. Nothing to do with Politics..

I don't post anything on FB, I wouldn't want my employer to see, but then I don't use FB much and it's secure, meaning, I only have Family on it.....
Plenty of people post videos making fun on Trump but there is no backlash against them and they don't lose their jobs

Old 06-27-2020, 04:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Yes we can begin to organize against them and wage war against the leftist scum in our country. The only solution to this at this point is to eliminate them. Leftism is an act of treason. Destroying the enemy will be our only choice in the end. There is no reasoning with these people. We must face them.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:37 PM

606 posts, read 354,851 times
Quote:
Plenty of people post videos making fun on Trump but there is no backlash against them and they don't lose their jobs
We don’t know any of the details. Did the person fired have clients and/or customers following their social media? Is the company worried the postings may affect their relationships with clients, thus affecting their bottom line? Was the person’s social media open for anyone to see?

You are free to post whatever you want, but your employer is also free to let you go if they feel it’s in their best interest.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:41 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Yea they need to shut their traps. If ain’t got nothing nice to say. Shut the H up ! It’s not the words - but the mindset that makes them say things against people they know nothing about ! And everyday there’s a new Karen ! That tells me these are not smart people. Bye Felicia!

Old 06-27-2020, 04:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

You need to familiarize yourself with the term 'employment at will'.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:43 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yes we can begin to organize against them and wage war against the leftist scum in our country. The only solution to this at this point is to eliminate them. Leftism is an act of treason. Destroying the enemy will be our only choice in the end. There is no reasoning with these people. We must face them.
You and 3 other CD posters against how many ??? Don’t be silly - left is 1/2 of the nation - some times more, some times less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies