Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 04:40 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times

Advertisements

Demographics is destiny. In Duluth, they have very low birth rates and very small households and lots of large houses.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...rnia/PST045219

In El Centro they have massive household sizes and massive births with tremendous amounts of children bringing home COVID-19 to the grandparents they live with.

Imperial County sure rolled out the COVID-19 red carpet. Why do lettuce pickers spouses get pregnant and have massive families they can't afford when they are living with grandma and grandad in a shack.

They aren't even picking lettuce in El Centro and the high cases are that high, Salinas and seperately the Central Valley will have huge numbers of people crowded on the fields and packing houses going home to extremely overcrowded homes in the several months.

It's going to be very interesting summer in California because lots of harvesting will start next month in Salinas and Fresno County which also have tremendous amounts of families with children, many times multiple families with children under one roof of a shack.

With all do respect to America's lettuce harvesters it's a job for a single person, not to raise a family on.

Amazing how St. Louis, Minnesota which includes Duluth which has some of lowest household sizes and lowest birth rates in America has had 151 cases and has a much higher population than Imperial County which is at 5,400 cases.

https://public.tableau.com/views/COV...showVizHome=no

https://www.stlouiscountymn.gov/Port...-12-115613-893

Shouldn't have children when picking lettuce. With all due respect to people who harvest our fruits and vegetables, it's not a job where a vast majority of people should have children.

https://public.tableau.com/views/COV...showVizHome=no

https://www.stlouiscountymn.gov/Port...-12-115613-893
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 04:51 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
St. Louis county is the second largest county by size east of the Mississippi. It has a population of around 200 thousand people. Over half those people live in Duluth. Many people are retired and many have vacation homes there but don’t live there.

Your statistics are meaningless.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:09 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
All of the crappiness of Arizona has crossed the border into Imperial County. I'm hoping Newsome blocks Zoners from coming to California - - it's bad enough you guys drive like idiots in San Diego, we don't need your contagion coming over too.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
All of the crappiness of Arizona has crossed the border into Imperial County. I'm hoping Newsome blocks Zoners from coming to California - - it's bad enough you guys drive like idiots in San Diego, we don't need your contagion coming over too.
San Diego has areas that have a tremendous COVID-19 issue.

The rates in Chula Vista, National City, San Ysidro are just as bad as Phoenix.

Many residents in Chula Vista couldn't resist going to Tijuana which is completely overwhelmed and they have had non-stop cases for months.

Unbelievable that people have been going back and forth from San Diego to Tijuana.

Much of San Diego County is in just as bad of shape as Arizona. The northern half of San Diego County has had relatively low numbers of cases, while South and East of Downtown San Diego has been a COVID hospot for months.

South County has had a tremendous amount of cases. North County has not.

The only reason why San Diego has lower cases per-capita than Phoenix. Is because North County has had a much lower number of cases per-capita

San Ysidro has had 504 cases diagnosed and is a very small neighborhood. Otay Mesa, Chula Vista, Bonita, Spring Valley have some of the higher COVID-19 cases in the country.

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/conte...Zip%20Code.pdf

Old 06-27-2020, 07:33 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
I always wonder why San Francisco has 75 billionaires and North Dakota has 0. They are practically the same so they should have the same stats. /sarcasm

Old 06-27-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I always wonder why San Francisco has 75 billionaires and North Dakota has 0. They are practically the same so they should have the same stats. /sarcasm
Sort of a red herring in my opinion, but oh well.

North Dakota doesn't have the income disparity of San Francisco.

I have indicated before, San Francisco has done a good job with containing COVID-19. Los Angeles has had one of the worst responses in the world and has little economy now it seems.

San Francisco and Oakland have extreme, extreme disparities. They are cities of the have alot or have nothing.

North Dakota is a state with very low income disparities overall, North Dakotans care about their communitities and don't like to risk hepatitus and norovirus from poop in addition to COVID-19 like in Oakland.

San Francisco certainly has the billionaires. 75 billionaires, but how many homeless people who have no way to wash their hands if need to.

Oakland seems to have some extremely luxurious areas, but a vast majority of it looks like pure virus spreading squalor from the filth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QkUataeWTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uzYXS4WmNQ&t=85s

Old 06-27-2020, 08:04 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Sort of a red herring in my opinion, but oh well.

North Dakota doesn't have the income disparity of San Francisco.

I have indicated before, San Francisco has done a good job with containing COVID-19. Los Angeles has had one of the worst responses in the world and has little economy now it seems.

San Francisco and Oakland have extreme, extreme disparities. They are cities of the have alot or have nothing.

North Dakota is a state with very low income disparities overall, North Dakotans care about their communitities and don't like to risk hepatitus and norovirus from poop in addition to COVID-19 like in Oakland.

San Francisco certainly has the billionaires. 75 billionaires, but how many homeless people who have no way to wash their hands if need to.

Oakland seems to have some extremely luxurious areas, but a vast majority of it looks like pure virus spreading squalor from the filth.
To the bold: I hate to be mean but, DUH!

The majority of Oakland is not "pure virus squalor from filth." You are just silly but believe what you want. It is no sweat off my back. Anyway, yeah, anyone here will agree that income disparity is bad. This is an extremely productive area. Those without the education or the intellect are left behind. The SF Bay Area is a good example of successful capitalism, international high demand, intertwined with a lack of housing or low supply.

I just took a walk up into Piedmont. So beautiful with mansions, gorgeous gardens and views. I watched both videos and I think that 2nd one was along the highway in West Oakland. I never see that ugly side. It exists across the country but might be worse here due to the high cost of housing. Where you live, a meth addict can probably hold down a part time job and afford his own 1 bed apartment. Out here, he'd be homeless.

Have a good night!

Old 06-27-2020, 08:14 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post

Not Newsome...but NEWSOM...guessing you are for Trumpe...

Old 06-27-2020, 08:36 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
With all do respect to America's lettuce harvesters it's a job for a single person, not to raise a family on.
Who says? As long as they survive. Sooner or later they will move in those big Duluth homes. What's good of a big house and paycheck if you do not breed?

Old 06-27-2020, 11:19 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
San Diego has areas that have a tremendous COVID-19 issue.

The rates in Chula Vista, National City, San Ysidro are just as bad as Phoenix.

Many residents in Chula Vista couldn't resist going to Tijuana which is completely overwhelmed and they have had non-stop cases for months.

Unbelievable that people have been going back and forth from San Diego to Tijuana.

Much of San Diego County is in just as bad of shape as Arizona. The northern half of San Diego County has had relatively low numbers of cases, while South and East of Downtown San Diego has been a COVID hospot for months.

South County has had a tremendous amount of cases. North County has not.

The only reason why San Diego has lower cases per-capita than Phoenix. Is because North County has had a much lower number of cases per-capita

San Ysidro has had 504 cases diagnosed and is a very small neighborhood. Otay Mesa, Chula Vista, Bonita, Spring Valley have some of the higher COVID-19 cases in the country.

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/conte...Zip%20Code.pdf
Up until Zoners have polluted are area, we were at 2% of tests being positive. Armed guards should be at the border of San Diego County for the 4th of July - - no disgusting Zoners allowed to pollute our county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies