Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 04:58 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times

Advertisements

In Europe, they're just trying to be patient, waiting for him to be gone.

Embattled at home, isolated abroad: Donald Trump finds his presidency at its lowest ebb
With US cities burning and the coronavirus still raging, killing more people than in any other country, President Donald Trump also has growing problems overseas. He has never before been so isolated and ignored, even mocked. In Europe, after years of snubs and US unilateralism, America’s traditional allies have stopped looking to him for leadership, no longer trust that this president will offer them much and are turning their backs on him.
ttps://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/embattled-at-home-isolated-abroad-donald-trump-finds-his-presidency-at-its-lowest-ebb/ar-BB14Wrw7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 05:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 707,025 times
hated world wide a known nutcase

Old 06-27-2020, 05:06 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
The rage against Trump is here to stay, no matter what. Too many Republicans are admitting, "it can't be Trump". They'd vote for a lukewarm salad before voting for Trump. Same here.

We remember his incompetence, malfeasance, gerrymandering, refusals to cooperate with investigations, intimidating witnesses and whistle-blowers, attempts to derail, incessant lies, narcissism, appointments of executives and lobbyists to critical positions, failure to drain the swamp, betrayals and losing all the "best people", racist, hateful, xenophobic rhetoric, cozying up to dictators and tyrants, being played by the same, global embarrassments and disgust by allies and other leaders around the world, attempts to emulate far right-wing tyrants, attacks upon women, media, institutions, the utter miserable and pathetic failures that have now cost over 125,000 American lives, the incessant attempts to destroy anything accomplished by his predecessor, the pandering to idiot evangelicals and end-times idiots, using sacred symbols as a political point gatherings among the same, and perhaps most important of all, the realization that this stupid orange moron idiot has NO PLAN for America on ANYTHING.

There could not be a worse man in office. Trump has absolutely excelled at being the dipxxxx In Chief. The ONLY people he's got fooled with the Trump brand of BS in the voting public are fools, idiots, morons, racists and evangelical stupidstitious end-timers who have rejected common sense, decency and reality, hoping that Trump will bring about the magical mushroom cloud of the End Times delusion. Everybody else, worldwide knows that Trump is totally unfit for the office he holds, utterly incapable of meeting even the most basic needs required of the position as President of the United States.

AFTER Trump, watch out for the lawsuits, books, investigations and exposures that's going to make every Trump sycophant throw up as they finally realize what Trump actually was. Obvious to the rest of us, but the wake-up is going to be brutal, bloody and unfolding for years to come. Lots of coin will exchange hands as these exposure finally see the light of day - and the clear betrayals to Americans by the Republican leadership that enabled this moron, the greatest con America has ever had to endure. The fallout from the Trump years is going to be absolutely enormous, and that's to say nothing of the lasting damage he's inflicted on the country due to the pandemic, destruction of the economy, reversal of environmental protections and attacks upon health care. There's all the political damage too, domestically and internationally.

This is going to be a very bad chapter in American history, where a significant portion of the country lost their collective minds, betrayed their country, appeased a tyrant and found themselves sucking air when it was all over. If everyone gets off their fat lazy butts and VOTES - it's definitely goodbye Trump (and good riddance, the man deserves a long prison term). But I've no doubt that the flailing and whining and pissing contest is just getting started. Trump will be "there" in our minds and in the media for a very long time as America tries to unravel the horrific mess he created. I'm hoping Biden's VP is up to the job, because I don't think he is.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:17 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
FYI... NATO happier.

Dec 2019 - Under Trump, NATO Nations Get More U.S. Troops And Military Spending

Three days before leaders gathered in London to mark the 70th anniversary of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in London, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg confirmed a new twist in the organization's expense burden sharing — an apparent conciliatory bone tossed to a cost-obsessed President Trump.

"It's correct that we have now agreed a new formula for sharing those costs," Stoltenberg told reporters in Brussels. "The U.S. will pay less. Germany will pay more. So now the U.S. and Germany will pay the same, roughly 16% of NATO's budget."

But those savings pale in comparison to what has been — despite Trump's frequent criticism of NATO's cost-sharing formula — a sizeable increase in U.S. outlays for military operations in Europe since he took office.

Most of that jump in spending was on the European Deterrence Initiative, an effort to strengthen U.S. military forces in Europe begun by the Obama administration in response to Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea and continued backing of pro-Russia separatists in Ukraine.

The Trump administration has more than tripled what its predecessor spent on the EDI: A total of $17.2 billion has been requested for the initiative in the three annual budgets the current White House has sent to Congress, which in turn has approved those funding levels.

There are also more U.S. troops in Europe now than at the end of the Obama administration.

As long as this amount of money and troops are in Europe, Trump is not alone. Don't be fooled.

I'm not saying I agree with it - but just don't be fooled.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
The rage against Trump is here to stay, no matter what. Too many Republicans are admitting, "it can't be Trump". They'd vote for a lukewarm salad before voting for Trump. Same here.

We remember his incompetence, malfeasance, gerrymandering, refusals to cooperate with investigations, intimidating witnesses and whistle-blowers, attempts to derail, incessant lies, narcissism, appointments of executives and lobbyists to critical positions, failure to drain the swamp, betrayals and losing all the "best people", racist, hateful, xenophobic rhetoric, cozying up to dictators and tyrants, being played by the same, global embarrassments and disgust by allies and other leaders around the world, attempts to emulate far right-wing tyrants, attacks upon women, media, institutions, the utter miserable and pathetic failures that have now cost over 125,000 American lives, the incessant attempts to destroy anything accomplished by his predecessor, the pandering to idiot evangelicals and end-times idiots, using sacred symbols as a political point gatherings among the same, and perhaps most important of all, the realization that this stupid orange moron idiot has NO PLAN for America on ANYTHING.

There could not be a worse man in office. Trump has absolutely excelled at being the dipxxxx In Chief. The ONLY people he's got fooled with the Trump brand of BS in the voting public are fools, idiots, morons, racists and evangelical stupidstitious end-timers who have rejected common sense, decency and reality, hoping that Trump will bring about the magical mushroom cloud of the End Times delusion. Everybody else, worldwide knows that Trump is totally unfit for the office he holds, utterly incapable of meeting even the most basic needs required of the position as President of the United States.

AFTER Trump, watch out for the lawsuits, books, investigations and exposures that's going to make every Trump sycophant throw up as they finally realize what Trump actually was. Obvious to the rest of us, but the wake-up is going to be brutal, bloody and unfolding for years to come. Lots of coin will exchange hands as these exposure finally see the light of day - and the clear betrayals to Americans by the Republican leadership that enabled this moron, the greatest con America has ever had to endure. The fallout from the Trump years is going to be absolutely enormous, and that's to say nothing of the lasting damage he's inflicted on the country due to the pandemic, destruction of the economy, reversal of environmental protections and attacks upon health care. There's all the political damage too, domestically and internationally.

This is going to be a very bad chapter in American history, where a significant portion of the country lost their collective minds, betrayed their country, appeased a tyrant and found themselves sucking air when it was all over. If everyone gets off their fat lazy butts and VOTES - it's definitely goodbye Trump (and good riddance, the man deserves a long prison term). But I've no doubt that the flailing and whining and pissing contest is just getting started. Trump will be "there" in our minds and in the media for a very long time as America tries to unravel the horrific mess he created. I'm hoping Biden's VP is up to the job, because I don't think he is.
Thanks, this is extremely thoughtful and articulate.

I certainly agree that there will be a ton of "lawsuits, books, investigations and exposures," but not so sure that people will "finally realize." I think many know it now, and many will continue to be willfully blind.

I agree agree that we should be regarding ourselves as living through a chapter in history. A bad one.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:20 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Trump now isolated abroad, too
We can vote. They can't. The choice is Trump or Biden, not Trump or not-Trump. If the Dems want to win the White House they should run a decent candidate.

MAGA
Trump 2020

Build The Wall
Confirm judges.
Keep Biden in the basement. The Europeans love him.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We can vote. They can't. The choice is Trump or Biden, not Trump or not-Trump. If the Dems want to win the White House they should run a decent candidate.

MAGA
Trump 2020

Build The Wall
Confirm judges.
Keep Biden in the basement. The Europeans love him.
Actually, for many folks the choice IS "Trump or not Trump" - just as for many people it was "Hillary or not Hillary" last time around. There were plenty of folks who held their nose as they voted for Trump simply because they hated Hillary more.
2016 was a "who do you dislike more" election - and 2020 will be too - much to Trump's detriment. I'm one of those people. I like Biden well enough, but even if I didn't I'd still vote for him to get Trump out - even if he was a "vegetable". - and I don't mean merely a human vegetable either. I'd vote for him if he were actual vegetable - a carrot, a zucchini, or a potato (baked, fried or hash-browned). At least an actual vegetable isn't going to do any more damage to the country.

Ken

Old 06-30-2020, 07:00 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Of couse the Europens dont like paying Billions to defned themselves like Trumpis making them do. They are used to American going into debt for Trillions to China to defend the U.S. against....China!

Trump is making them pay up. Sure, they dont like....tough crap! I couldn't care less what they think.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:22 PM

I'm so sorry!

I just realized that I didn't post the link properly!

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world...bb/ar-BB14Wrw7

Old 06-30-2020, 07:33 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
[i]The rage against Trump is here to stay, no matter what. Too many Republicans are admitting, "it can't be Trump". They'd vote for a lukewarm salad before voting for Trump. Same here.

Excerpt: and the clear betrayals to Americans?
Response: we have had actors,celebrities,bodybuilders and other stars in office? Why? You get what you vote for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies