Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 06:08 AM

58,736 posts, read 27,080,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
Stop and frisk was proven to be a failure.

Thanks for playing.
"Stop and frisk was proven to be a failure.", B.S.

"Thanks for playing", you should NOT be playing if you don't KNOW the FACTS!

"Crime dropped under stop-and-frisk, which is worth remembering in the rush to criticize it"

"it helped reduce a staggering crime rate that damaged communities far more than the tactics used by police."

"Beginning in 1991, New York experienced the broadest and deepest decline in violent crime of any major American city"

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ze-ncna1151121
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 06:09 AM

11,670 posts, read 5,696,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"President Trump has done a terrible job on COVID-19", actually he has NOT!
And again - that's your opinion - we all have them.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:10 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,176,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Murders in Chicago? In other news, the sun rose today.

Basically, that whole situation has become just background noise to the rest of the country. It can't be fixed, so nobody really cares any more.
Black Lives Matter.
But only certain black lives.
These black lives don't matter to the media / political machine.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:16 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,713,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Black Lives Matter.
But only certain black lives.
These black lives don't matter to the media / political machine.
After the election, BLM will quietly go away as Democrats who paid them, will be finished with them. They are here to get rid of Trump, and stick their nose into cop shootings, nothing more. No concern for all the black men that shot other black men. Those lives don't matter.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:17 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Toddler shot in killed in Chicago, day after President Trump sends letter to Chicago mayor urging action on violence
So, you are pointing out the obvious that sending letters isn't much of a solution. Three years ago he swore up and down he would put an end to it, and things are only getting worse.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:48 AM

4,230 posts, read 2,439,074 times
The so-called "black community" needs to get its own house in order before demanding that others clean up theirs.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The so-called "black community" needs to get its own house in order before demanding that others clean up theirs.
Quoted for truth.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:00 AM

2,400 posts, read 751,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
There is no “black community”. They are just pawns for the Democrats

Old 06-28-2020, 07:06 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,996,125 times
Quote:
Chicago is just an easy scapegoat. The people complaining about violence in Chicago don't even live here. Or care for the people here.

Individual black people born into America have zero responsibility to correct social issues that affect their communities before demanding their rights be secured and not violated by the government.

Black on black crime is totally irrelevant; if I am an individual black person it would be absurd to tell me I can’t complain about the police harassing my community and violating my rights because some other people in my community engage in *whatever* behavior.

Ask them to imagine themselves being born into a situation where not only do they have to face greater threats from people in their community (it is a fact that there is a disproportionate amount of black on black crime) but they’re being abused by the government as well. Ask them to imagine how ridiculous they would find it if they then petitioned the white majority to fix the police abuse and they were told something like “you really need to fix the intraracial violence in your community first.” They would rightly be bewildered, pointing out that *that’s not my ****ing responsibility. Don’t ****ing tread on me.*
You would have a point if the main slogan and main group pushing the current unrest wasn't "Black lives Matter". Because based on that slogan alone, there is widely disproportionate emphasis placed in police killings of unarmed black men, because they are basically about as common as being struck by lightning.

The name of the movement isn't "End police brutality" or "stop disproportionate policing". But of course, the Chicago crime situation IS part of the same issue ...because police deal with black people more often because they commit more crime.

The bewilderment about this reaction is equaled by the bewilderment that some people feel when they hear a statement about the "government abusing them", when the facts show that people who are not committing crimes have little interaction with the police in the first place. An idea like completely abolishing police because of a handful of incidents is equally bewildering. I can point to possibly 5 incidents I've seen where black people doing basically nothing were treated poorly by cops.

-Elijah McClain
-Philando Castile
-Antonio Smith
-Breonna Taylor
-Amaurie Johnson

I guarantee you I can pull up 5 incidents like this against white people, 2 off the top of my head Kelly Thomas and Bryce Masters.

Almost every other incident we are talking about other than those 5 involved an actual crime having been committed. Michael Brown assaulted a store clerk and witnesses say he fought with a cop...Brooks was DWI and on parole, Floyd passed a acounterfeit bill. His killing while in custody was completed unjustified, but we are talking about the idea of random black people being targeted by cops and brutalized. Walter Scott a similar situation to Floyd. His killing was a murder but was he just randomly targeted? NO.

It is NOT irrelevant to say that, in the context of the slogan "Black Lives Matter", some lives don't matter as much because we can't blame police for their demise. There is not a single mention of crime on the BLM website. Why? Because you can't gain political power talking about black crime. So that's what it really comes down to.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:28 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
Chicago is just an easy scapegoat. The people complaining about violence in Chicago don't even live here. Or care for the people here.

Individual black people born into America have zero responsibility to correct social issues that affect their communities before demanding their rights be secured and not violated by the government.

Black on black crime is totally irrelevant; if I am an individual black person it would be absurd to tell me I can’t complain about the police harassing my community and violating my rights because some other people in my community engage in *whatever* behavior.

Ask them to imagine themselves being born into a situation where not only do they have to face greater threats from people in their community (it is a fact that there is a disproportionate amount of black on black crime) but they’re being abused by the government as well. Ask them to imagine how ridiculous they would find it if they then petitioned the white majority to fix the police abuse and they were told something like “you really need to fix the intraracial violence in your community first.” They would rightly be bewildered, pointing out that *that’s not my ****ing responsibility. Don’t ****ing tread on me.*
Are you saying blacks are being harassed and abused by government moreso than any other race? Interracial violence?

Who is saying that it is about interracial violence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies