Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 09:23 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I guess I must be entitled and heartless too. Get over it. No amount of name-calling is going to force people to think like you. Protect yourself. I am not a member of your "village".
No, lemmings don't tend to live in 'villages'.

Better not plan or flying, or shopping at certain stores. You may be okay following Trump over a cliff, but you have no right to drag anyone else with you. Get over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 09:54 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
All that one has to do to implement an effective cure for COVVID-19, and make mask wearing a non-issue, is to find something to complain about in regard to White People. Even if untrue. Its the most advanced medical breakthrough made in our lifetimes and the word needs to be spread.

Just be aware that if at any time the intenstiy of the complaint is muted vis a vis slightly less Press coverage of it, then COVID 19 will roar back to its prior level. This is an important fact to keep in mind. Intensity of complaints against White People should be kept at a maximum level to best insure everyone's health against contagious disease.

I'm quite sure that this is how any number of primitive religions began: with song and dance rituals against external threats. It follows that there is lots of cultural precedent for this particular COVID cure.

Keep fighting the good fight against the racism spectre (whether real or imagined) and lets all stay free from microscopic bugs.
Keep fighting for separation, both blacks and whites, I say. It is the only sane thing to do.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:12 AM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The studies on this matter have been posted countless times on this forum. Please, stop beating a dead horse already.
This is a LIE.

links to numerous democrat opinion have been posted. Not ONE presents any scientific test and the results of the test.

It absolutely blows my mind how the party of education and science cannot figure this out.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:25 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
No...sorry, nothing wrong with protests if they are done responsibly in the fresh air of the outside, which medical experts said was fine. Trump PURPOSELY held a rally indoors packing his supporters close together for the cameras without masks, which is exactly what medical experts said not to do.

Huge difference.
No it’s not. They limited crowds at beaches, parks and hiking trails. Some beaches were closed again because they got too crowded. Last time I looked those were outside. The protests were irresponsible and no different from the rallys.

You can’t pick and choose what’s ok and what’s not to fit your politics. It’s amazing to me how some people can be such Kool-Aid drinking cult members.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:27 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,831,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
I wonder if OP will ever return. What an ironic thread.

Covid-19 probably got him.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:37 AM

445 posts, read 167,777 times
Yawn. I'm going to continue to not wear one. Just to freak out all the schizophrenic pro mask morons.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
This is a LIE.

links to numerous democrat opinion have been posted. Not ONE presents any scientific test and the results of the test.

It absolutely blows my mind how the party of education and science cannot figure this out.
MAYO Clinic -- too liberal for you
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449
face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus.

This site is 'data driven'
https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2...al-public.html

Stanford Medical
5 Questions: Stanford scientists on COVID-19 mask guidelines | News Center | Stanford Medicine

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10...thaff.2020.008
The study provides evidence that states in the US mandating use of face masks in public had a greater decline in daily COVID-19 growth rates after issuing these mandates compared to states that did not issue mandates. These effects are observed conditional on other existing social distancing measures and are independent of the CDC recommendation to wear facial covers issued on April 3. As countries worldwide and states begin to relax social distancing restrictions and considering the high likelihood of a second COVID-19 wave in the fall/winter,30 requiring use of face masks in public might help in reducing COVID-19 spread.

Just a quick google.

I am wondering does anybody have studies proving that wearing masks may NOT slow the spread....scientific/medical experts.

And I suspect that no matter who tells you masks will help slow the spread in a community you will deem that person too liberal to believe.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:43 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
No it’s not. They limited crowds at beaches, parks and hiking trails. Some beaches were closed again because they got too crowded. Last time I looked those were outside. The protests were irresponsible and no different from the rallys.

You can’t pick and choose what’s ok and what’s not to fit your politics. It’s amazing to me how some people can be such Kool-Aid drinking cult members.
Incorrect. Those attending inside rally's were asked to sign a waiver.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:47 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,797,949 times
No OP the hand wringing anxiety prone coronavirus worriers have ruined the economy. Of course almost all of them are leftists.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:52 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,293 times
I would say let these idiot mask resisters get sick so we can thin the herd but what they don't realize is that by not wearing masks they endanger OTHER people. It's like they think the world revolves around them and no one else. And it doesn't help that their dear leader Trump is busy encouraging this idiot behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies