Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 08:48 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There's some crazy notion, that's been bandied about, that antifa is trying to get people used to the sound of fireworks in their neighborhood so on July 4th they can come in and shoot up suburbia and people will mistake antifa gunfire for the fireworks they've been hearing for weeks on end. And do nothing in their own defense.
Really? I didn't hear of that one. I read an article talking about them being tied to the protests. It is something along the lines of "No justice, no peace" taken to another level, by disturbing people's peace at their homes. I don't know, it was interesting when I found out that it was going on around the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 08:55 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,191,694 times
This has gone beyond stupid

Old 06-27-2020, 08:57 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Really? I didn't hear of that one. I read an article talking about them being tied to the protests. It is something along the lines of "No justice, no peace" taken to another level, by disturbing people's peace at their homes. I don't know, it was interesting when I found out that it was going on around the nation.
Aren't they disturbing their own peace and the peace of surrounding minority neighborhoods? These people really are morons.

Old 06-27-2020, 08:57 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,043 times
I doubt it has to do with BLM, some went off here and I live in a VERY white VERY small town and we are actually 10 miles outside of town very rural and country.

Old 06-27-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Aren't they disturbing their own peace and the peace of surrounding minority neighborhoods? These people really are morons.
There is no rhyme or reason to it. I understand people have been cooped up and want to let off some steam. I just read that it was going on around the country and is especially prevalent in NYC, that's why I thought it was weird.

https://www.boston.com/culture/local...-neighborhoods

Old 06-27-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
I doubt it has to do with BLM, some went off here and I live in a VERY white VERY small town and we are actually 10 miles outside of town very rural and country.
I'm sure not all of it has to do with it. There have been places around the country that have been experiencing this for weeks with a much higher than normal frequency.

Old 06-27-2020, 09:06 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
I've noticed a lot more of it this year than ever before, here in suburban Baltimore. Maybe it's BLM, maybe it's just people blowing off steam after being cooped up in their houses these past few months. Who knows.

Old 06-27-2020, 09:15 PM

24 posts, read 6,282 times
We have them going off in my neighbourhood also!!!!!

Tonight a big bang went off........ About the same time every year..About a week before the 4th (Maybe its a little earlier I dont know)

Old 06-27-2020, 10:55 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,970,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
There is no rhyme or reason to it. I understand people have been cooped up and want to let off some steam. I just read that it was going on around the country and is especially prevalent in NYC, that's why I thought it was weird.

https://www.boston.com/culture/local...-neighborhoods
Yeah, it's been going on for a month here in LA. Typically its just a week or so before and a few days after the 4th, but this year it's been since early June. It doesn't have anything to do with BLM. It's definately not Antifa related like ClaraConspiracyTheorist posted above (probably the most ridiculous post I've read on CD in the last few months, with the caveat that I don't come to the Politics forum very often until the last few days).

It's mostly just bored people that have been cooped up and looking for some entertainment. Let's be honest, when they don't hurt someone or start fires, fireworks can be fun. It's not considerate for your neighbors (noise keeping people awake, scared pets, etc), but they are still fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies