Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well????
Yes 6 5.00%
No 114 95.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 03:55 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,206,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I thought you did. Most of the liberals I know do.
No I don’t believe in doing that. In fact, I get annoyed at all of the edited cell phone videos that come out making people look bad while ignoring the build up or context of the situation. Is “see something, say something” a thing that is associated with liberals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 04:01 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,821,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
It’s likely that the charges would’ve been less severe due to the huge publicity that the George Floyd case got. You’re right whites riot and they haven’t rioted for a “white” cause in a while. They have rioted for sports games though, but as far as rioting for a different cause that hasn’t happened in at least 40-50 years.
Whites are rioting along with blacks right now supposedly for the cause of "systemic racism (against blacks)". No one has dared advocate specifically for a white cause in 50 years and survived the blacklist.

Old 06-28-2020, 04:01 PM

45,046 posts, read 60,097,876 times
Quote:
No I don’t believe in doing that. In fact, I get annoyed at all of the edited cell phone videos that come out making people look bad while ignoring the build up or context of the situation. Is “see something, say something” a thing that is associated with liberals?
Where I am yes. It gives them cover for their closeted racism. They can say "the wrong people" now instead of "the darkies" or "coloreds" like they used to.

Old 06-28-2020, 04:07 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,275,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I think a better question is would some of you use his criminal past against him and have empathy for the police?
Why are people holding Robert E. Lee's past against him? Woodrow Wilson? Columbus?

Old 06-28-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Whites are rioting along with blacks right now supposedly for the cause of "systemic racism (against blacks)". No one has dared advocate specifically for a white cause in 50 years and survived the blacklist.
What white cause is there to advocate for right now?

Old 06-28-2020, 04:11 PM

9,446 posts, read 10,738,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You think poor white men aren’t subjected to police brutality?

If Floyd was a white woman it’s a different story, but poor men are fair game. There’s plenty footage of white protestors getting beat.
I agree. The law is tough on poor neighborhoods in general. You could say that this is far more of a socioeconomic issue than a race issue..

Old 06-28-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Where I am yes. It gives them cover for their closeted racism. They can say "the wrong people" now instead of "the darkies" or "coloreds" like they used to.
Well that sucks. Yea, I don't buy into that. I agree that a lot of liberals can be racist, hell the most liberal and progressive county near me is also the most segregated and least diverse county. If I see someone I don't know, I'm not calling the cops. If they try to harm me, I will handle it and then call the cops. In general, I don't see the point in calling the police if you see someone walking around your neighborhood, it is stupid. If I see an actual crime in progress, then that's a different story.

Old 06-28-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
What white cause is there to advocate for right now?
Not being accused of being a racist at every turn and defamed, fired and even prosecuted for it. Actually being treated equal in employment opportunity. Not being disenfranchised and dispossessed of being the majority culture and group etc.

Old 06-28-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Well that sucks. Yea, I don't buy into that. I agree that a lot of liberals can be racist, hell the most liberal and progressive county near me is also the most segregated and least diverse county. If I see someone I don't know, I'm not calling the cops. If they try to harm me, I will handle it and then call the cops. In general, I don't see the point in calling the police if you see someone walking around your neighborhood, it is stupid. If I see an actual crime in progress, then that's a different story.
Just don't question or follow them. At best you might end up a "Karen" in the national media and be fired, at worst you might get prosecuted for self defense.

Old 06-28-2020, 04:32 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,699,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
If George Floyd was white, I very much doubt he'd have had his neck kneeled on for nine minutes, so there's that.
Actually, almost the exact same thing happened in Dallas in 2016. Ever heard of Tony Timpa? Of course you haven't cuz he's white, am I right? It took three years of fighting with the Dallas PD to get the lapel camera footage released, so this is only recently widely available to the public. Timpa was kneeled on for 13 minutes, mocked and laughed at by the cops and finally died.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cam-tony-timpa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

The United States has an a-hole police problem, not a "police are hunting down and slaughtering blacks" problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies