Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 09:00 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I believe only the N95 masks protect people. (Not these cloths and other various face coverings) Maybe not even them. Look at the amount of nurses that contracted COVID.
There has been plenty of time for enough N95 type mask to be produced for all americans to have one. The question is why we still dont have them. All we have are over priced cloth mask being sold that make people think they are real and offer the protection of a true medical approved N95 mask. I think someone is hording them and we americans have a right to demand that we get them. .The N95 mask have been sold at home depot for years because I bought some several years ago... Now it seems that we aren't suspose to even ask for one.Something is very wrong here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 09:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Prediction: As we see an uptick with Covid cases from protestors, we will also see an uptick in the media crying about the virus disproportionately impacting black people and bitter-angry-unsuccessful 20 year olds.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:05 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
There is a thing called a map and with technology now it’s a super tool. Where there Covid reports can be tracked to location. Bars and restaurants are right now showing high numbers as well as the protestors. More bars than protests cities. Hello
I love how you guys are constantly trying to downplay the protests while blaming everything of businesses openings.

If the protesting wasn’t a major factor, why are health officials and tracers being instructed NOT to ask about protesting?

Old 06-28-2020, 09:05 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
There has been plenty of time for enough N95 type mask to be produced for all americans to have one. The question is why we still dont have them. All we have are over priced cloth mask being sold that make people think they are real and offer the protection of a true medical approved N95 mask. I think someone is hording them and we americans have a right to demand that we get them. .The N95 mask have been sold at home depot for years because I bought some several years ago... Now it seems that we aren't suspose to even ask for one.Something is very wrong here.
I can’t find any

Old 06-28-2020, 09:10 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I love how you guys are constantly trying to downplay the protests while blaming everything of businesses openings.

If the protesting wasn’t a major factor, why are health officials and tracers being instructed NOT to ask about protesting?

Link on that?

Old 06-28-2020, 09:17 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Link on that?
NYC COVID-19 Contact Tracers Not Asking About George Floyd Protest Participation, Despite Fears of New Virus Wave

Reading is fundemental.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:30 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I believe you are ill informed. People who are exposed to coronavirus should be immune from future infection if their immune system is working correctly. Herd immunity can be had through a vaccine but it can also be had once 50-75 percent of the population has been exposed. We are far more likely to reach herd immunity from exposure before any vaccine is developed.
No, this is absolutely incorrect, 50-75% is nowhere near enough, you need 90% to be infected. That is an incredibly dangerous game. Also, you said, young ppl. Young ppl make up a minority of the population. It's not even mathematically feasible. Ultimately what you would have is a catastrophe with tons of sick ppl and overrun hospitals.

Also, from Webmd regarding immunity after infection.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavir...-reinfection#1

Quote:
But health experts don't yet know whether we really do become immune to COVID-19 after we're infected. And if we do become immune, we don't know how long that might last.

Other types of coronaviruses appear to cause some immunity. Studies show that people are protected against the coronaviruses that cause the common cold for up to a year after an infection. And our bodies have antibodies against the SARS coronavirus for up to 4 years.

Most people who've recovered from COVID-19 do make antibodies against the virus. But so far, there's no evidence that this will protect them against the virus if they're exposed to it again.

In South Korea, more than 160 people tested positive again after they had recovered from COVID-19. In China, 5%-10% of people tested positive again after they'd recovered, according to news reports.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:31 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Link on that?
Not only there, but San Diego too. I can’t link it because K-U-S-I gets asterisked out for some reason. Feel free to use this link:

Google

Here’s the headline:

“San Diego County Health Officials aren’t asking people who get tested for COVID-19 if they attended the protests.”

So data from those things called “maps” aren’t that helpful if the data is incomplete or purposely ignored. It’s called “skewed data”. If you asked any statistician, the conclusions are not reliable if you don’t include all relevant data.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:36 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This doesn't bod well for the Trump rallies or the economy then. If people are getting it outdoors while wearing masks then that's a problem.
We don't know the circumstances in which they got the virus. im not saying this is the case, but not every single protester may have been wearing a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Ok, so restaurants and bars with roughly 50-100 (I’m being generous with the numbers) people had more of an impact than thousands of people out protesting, with no social distancing and not everyone wearing masks.

Uh-huh. Sure. Of course. Sounds perfectly logical and rational.

Actually yes. I'd rather be standing outside with 1000 protesters wearing masks than inside a bar of 30 maskless people.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:40 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Not really surprising. Trump rallies, beach parties, protests. 'Rona don't care.
Don’t forget curfews, as if a damn virus knows about a curfew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies