Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 05:42 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They are using race as a trojan horse to attack and destabilize the country.
Call them what they are ... Sheeple following a Political Marxist Agenda they don’t even understand.
They don't even have 1 black friend to bring to their "protest" but statues gotta go!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 05:42 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: What do you call a Black Lives Matter protest with no black people?
Reload this Page Reply to Thread

Response: What I find more concerning is that the couple recording and uploading the video were black,
a few yards away from the movement representing them and yet mocked and ridiculed rather than be participatory.
Why? BLM is no MLK........
I have seen significant numbers of posts and stories of blacks not all that enthused about all the pandering. Not completely hostile more like a collective eye roll.

I had a black customer wearing a BLM mask yesterday. Ya know what I did? I sold her a range in the exact same method that I would have a white customer in a blank mask. little respect goes a long way for most people. She did not ask me what I thought of BLM. I answered her questions about the range then sold it to her.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:46 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
I don't know what to call it other than having a Social Conscience but I guess that's better than all name calling and thinly veiled racist remarks that have been posted so far.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:52 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
I don't have an answer - but that's what happened in North Carolina.

I am taking suggestions. Usually I can think up something, but it's late.

Video at the Tweet if it doesn't show here.

https://twitter.com/realBenjiirby/st...43829455843330
I call them allies and good people.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:05 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,844 times
It's kind of like Facebook, isn't it? FB used to be cool with young people until their parents and grandparents started to use it, so younger people scurried away.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:12 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Many things:

Virus-spreader events that will later be blamed entirely on 'the bars.'

Mass psychosis from the lockdown/virus channeled by bad actors into tearing down our nation.

Narcissism.

Virtue signalling.

An excuse to be with large groups of people, because everything else is cancelled.

Appropriation of black suffering by entitled white people to appease their own misplaced guilt.

Riots.

I think this is spot on! And there can be mass hysteria. Look at all the screaming at the Beatles concerts. I can see that one young woman somewhere felt compelled to scream, but then every concert goer felt like screaming every time? People do copy other people. I'm not saying some people don't care about the cause, but some are just copying what is the Cool Activity of the Day, just like a Tik Tok challenge would be participated in. Back in the day I protested against the Vietnam War. I did want it to be over and thought it was unjust, but there were other things going on with the participation too (some virtue signalling--"I'm a peacenik!" Something to do. Being with large groups of like-minded people, especially cute guys).

Old 06-29-2020, 06:13 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
An SJW circle jerk.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:15 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
It's kind of like Facebook, isn't it? FB used to be cool with young people until their parents and grandparents started to use it, so younger people scurried away.
Then they get married and rejoin when they have kid 1. FB is definitely uncool with my 17 and 14 year olds. My 17 y/o son has his first semi pro photography session taking pictures free of charge for a local non profit. He was horrified when I told him he should set up a page for his photography on FB.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:20 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,002,711 times
BLM Lite

Old 06-29-2020, 06:43 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,127 times
Quote:
I just asked a question...

But yeah - black apparently doesn't mean black skin according to the leader of BLM. It's apparently is a broader framework than the skin we are in - with regards to whatever political statement they want to make.

You got white people yelling at black cops, calling them the n--- word and sellouts for being a police officer.

White people calling black people the n---- word. How many people got in trouble for that in recent history? Now here we have white liberals doing it regularly.
Liberals of all colors (but especially white liberals) are totalitarian scum. If people can't see that by now, they never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies