Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 05:22 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why is it such a big deal that they are antisemites? Some blacks don't like Jews and some Jews don't like black people. I have heard a few Shvartze jokes in my day. Big deal.
Gosh, I don’t know..... I mean why is it such a big deal that Neo-Nazis or Boogaloo Boys are racists? Seriously? Seriously?!?!? Bigotry is wrong and you don’t get a pass because you have been subjected to it yourself.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:28 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If a child is afraid of the doctor, mistakenly thinking that doctors want to kill kids, is it a better strategy to empathize with that fear or to simply set the kid straight?
Better to set the kid straight. Empathizing with a false fear is actually confirming that the fear is based in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Gosh, I don’t know..... I mean why is it such a big deal that Neo-Nazis or Boogaloo Boys are racists? Seriously? Seriously?!?!? Bigotry is wrong and you don’t get a pass because you have been subjected to it yourself.
Thank you for responding to the antisemitic poster (or at least one who thinks being anti-Jew is no big deal.)

To restate your message, it weakens the entire supposed purpose of BLM to fight back against prejudice against blacks when a black person, who supports BLM (or worse, Farrakhan), goes on to say that being prejudiced against Jews is no big deal.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:42 AM

4,662 posts, read 1,952,568 times
Too many people can't distinguish between the fact that Black Lives Matter and the Organization of the same name. One is a fact the other is an often violent group of people who use force, intimidation and misguided guilt to gain power.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Too many people can't distinguish between the fact that Black Lives Matter and the Organization of the same name. One is a fact the other is an often violent group of people who use force, intimidation and misguided guilt to gain power.
And my question is....

Are the leftist mayors of liberal cities honoring the concept that black lives matter (I mean, duh....all lives matter) or the violent group of people using force and intimidation when they rename streets and paint streets with Black Lives Matter?

Old 06-29-2020, 05:47 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
BLM is a violent, hateful group of racists and antisemites who are driving their followers to destroy cities (or outright “conquer” them). Why should we show empathy to people like that?
this. X 100

Old 06-29-2020, 05:52 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Facts or Feelings.

Facts win.
Facts or Feelings. That's the Right/Left dichotomy, in a nutshell.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:22 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Most republicans quickly throw up stats against the notion of police brutality without truly listening to the black community's feelings on the issue. Most black people are non-violent and feel that they are targeted, these feelings if ignored will only cause more problems.
Um, liberals are always trying to throw supposed data at conservatives, but now you want to ignore them. Hypocrisy much? I agree data should not always be the deciding factor, but if we made all decisions based on everyone's feelings, the world would be in more hurt than it already is.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:48 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Some people throw around the antisemite card as if Jews are not capable disliking black people. It isn't a big deal to me that some people hate me.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:30 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why is it such a big deal that they are antisemites? Some blacks don't like Jews and some Jews don't like black people. I have heard a few Shvartze jokes in my day. Big deal.
Prejudice and bigotry is prejudice and bigotry. One group doesn't get to decide. That in itself is prejudice and bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies