Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 03:11 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Then Georgia prosecutes the "Karen" for murder for acting in self defense like Officer Rolfe, the McMichaels and Bryan etc .
Wouldn't surprise me, course we are no where near Atlanta which is just a CRAZY place.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:16 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
I didn't get the memo I'm supposed to be offended by the Karen meme. I like it because back in the day they would have just been called the b word. I like for that type of behavior to have its own definition and not be lumped in with the kind of b word I am.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Meh. It's social media. It's not reflective of anything apart from the views of self-important people who like to hear themselves yap.

And nutty opinions are as old as time, but they were once only relegated to the drunk at the bar or the homeless schizophrenic on the corner.
Except most of the people who lose their jobs do so because of stuff they've posted on social media.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Wouldn't surprise me, course we are no where near Atlanta which is just a CRAZY place.
No doubt, but if they have to they'll shop around to find a prosecutor willing to prosecute for self defense and move the case to Atlanta .

Old 06-29-2020, 05:47 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
lol her name is actually Karen.
Funny, you can’t make this crap up.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:50 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Blah, blah, blah....

Just another Dumb person - Blaming others for her self hate...

Old 06-29-2020, 05:51 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Just to preface this, I'm white, too and I'm female.

Every time I've had a nasty encounter in public with someone, it's always been a white, blond, overweight (well fed) female. Every single time.

That doesn't mean I think it's okay to target them for "revenge" or something like that. I'd rather address the sense of entitlement these women have and working to change that. I've seen these types of women walk into public places and literally demand that someone else give up their seat for them. I've seen many these types of women have tantrums in public, pouting, making demands, and usually people give in to them. This was how the Karen videos were born that are published everywhere on the internet.

are all white females like this? No, absolutely not.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:01 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Every time I've had a nasty encounter in public with someone, it's always been a white, blond, overweight (well fed) female. Every single time.

That doesn't mean I think it's okay to target them for "revenge" or something like that. I'd rather address the sense of entitlement these women have and working to change that. I've seen these types of women walk into public places and literally demand that someone else give up their seat for them. I've seen many these types of women have tantrums in public, pouting, making demands, and usually people give in to them. This was how the Karen videos were born that are published everywhere on the internet.

What exactly are you doing to have all of these nasty encounters in public? Are you sure it's not YOU? Not trying to be snarky...but uh... just seems a bit odd. lol.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

That's not how Karen videos began. It began by black people trying to set off the suspicion of a white female (didn't have to be blonde or overweight) and videoing the reaction. Then sending the video to the media who reported a one-sided false narrative to make an example out of her for the rest.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:13 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Based on what has become the standard demanded reaction by employers to offensive tweets, she should be immediately fired.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies