Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 10:40 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Agreed, mo one has ever succeeded on Hope. In my family we call Hope "scratch off tickets”. I know I used to hope to hit the lottery, so much so I was addicted and it cost me a marriage.
I was sometimes told "Wish in one hand, poop in the other. And see which one is filled first." And "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Old 07-01-2020, 10:41 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,217 times
Quote:
By how? Interracial marriages and babies? All I see if America as a big melting pot of people. Not divided as you see it.
As long as they aren’t black to you. Blacks are indeed divided, by choice, from all other races, including your interracials.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:41 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No. Actually its conservative think that tells blacks that the situation they are in IS OF THEIR OWN MAKING. It conservative think that tells blacks that they are poor choice makers. It's conservative think that tells blacks that they are poor fathers and mothers. It's conservative think that tells blacks that they are naturally more prone to violence because nothing else outside of black choices explains their higher rates of violence.

You don't encourage people to believe in themselves by telling them how they do everything wrong and that its all their fault. Think of raising a child and constantly reminding them how they do things worse than their other siblings and that its totally their fault, that they whine and have a victim mentality while totally ignoring that you have abused and molested that child since they were born.
multiple "conservatives" in this very thread have said you obviously made good choices and seem to be a good parent.

You can say something false 1,000x and it's no more true after all that time and effort.

You have achieved success - you have (likely) improved beyond your parents' standing, and you've set your children up to similarly (or better) succeed. Or have you taught your children they CANNOT do things because they're black?

Old 07-01-2020, 10:43 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Subconsciously, racism would never hold up in court. Show me a court ruling where the person subconsciously was racist and therefore a crime was committed. It doesn’t exist. Therefore it’s like talking about a boogeyman. Which also doesn’t exist.
Well, one should or would only be concerned with that if truth were dependent upon courts. Sure, a subconscious racist should not fear being taken to court but that does not mean that they are not racist. As the old adage goes, “It’s not what you know. It’s what you can prove”. It’s certainly not an ambition of mine to litigate subconscious white supremacy.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:45 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't think that whites consciously see themselves as racially superior. I think it's subconscious. I have been told many times on these forums how whites created the modern world that humans now enjoy. When you look at the history of western civilizations, the great philosophers, the geniuses, the great artist.....all white. Anyone who has done anything of significance, related to the mind and science, are shown to be white. Even Jesus has been depicted for centuries as white and with blue eyes. Now, keep in mind how I said blacks came to dominate certain sports. It's because they believed they could because they seen images of blacks doing those things. History does not show black doing anything great with their minds....no great philosopher, no geniuses, no great artist, no savior in their image, etc, etc. Africa can't even get credit for Egypt. Western society separated Egypt from Africa. The early dynasties of Egypt were heavily influenced by Nubians. Hence, while history conditions whites to see people like them achieving great things, it conditions blacks to believe they are not good at those things.

There is the conscious mind and the subconscious mind. Much of racism takes place at the subconscious level. People are not even aware of how we are conditioned by history and the consequence of history, the present, to see groups and races as superior and inferior.
Got it. All of this makes sense to me and I can see this aspect of it and how it all plays out now.

I know some black folks are saying they would like their own space with their own schools, police, judicial system, etc., so they can teach the way they want and not have to worry about police brutality and so on.

I'm curious about your thoughts on that. If you don't think that's the answer - what is?

Old 07-01-2020, 10:46 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post

I mean, I don't know that it's true. Seems unlikely, but then most of the black people I interact with tend to be professionals who, if they feel they're inferior, are adept at bottling up their inferiority complexes and projecting confidence.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3263756/
Quote:
Large-scale representative surveys of 8th-, 10th-, and 12th-grade students in the United States show high self-esteem scores for all groups. African-American students score highest, Whites score slightly higher than Hispanics, and Asian Americans score lowest. Males score slightly higher than females
The group with the lowest self esteem does best academically and the group with the highest self esteem does worst .

Old 07-01-2020, 10:47 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Again, I don’t blame anyone for anything. You’re doing that. I say, and a conservative leaning centrist politically is, you can be, do, say anything you want in life. Just stop being a victim and go do it. I have a right to say this as I am a shining example of the American struggle. Plus the 1st amendment.
Well....it really is not just about what YOU do....is it? You don’t define what conservatives do or don’t do as a general rule.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:49 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,425,546 times
"Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?" - Thomas Sowell

Old 07-01-2020, 10:50 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Since we are such a small percentage, any uninhabited place is enough. No other races. No whites. No Africans. No South Africans. Everyone, get rid of us already. That’s what you all have wanted, now do it. And you will have to do it.
how about if it comes with working utilities and some existing living structures?

https://www.privateislandsonline.com...ay-archipelago

I'm still confused whether you suggest this be of American blacks' free will, or they should be forcibly rounded up and relocated? or, there's basically 2 groups by choice - your group, and any American blacks that want to remain in the US can as long as they yield to "white laws"?

Old 07-01-2020, 10:52 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
As long as they aren’t black to you. Blacks are indeed divided, by choice, from all other races, including your interracials.
What are you talking about? I don't see color as you do. What's the nearest city to you? In that city, how many nationalities can you name that reside there? Each nationality will have a certain level of pigmentation as a rule of thumb. All of us are a certain level of tan, some have little pigment (tan) and some have a lot of pigment (super tan). How can you just look at someone's pigment level and then immediately lump them into a group, like racist whites or African Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.